Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    Heh, nevermind I just caught up on the recent Joe M vs. GW rantyfest. The one where
    Spoiler:
    Joe got all mad that GW quoted him as saying that the returning Carson would not be a clone. Which, as any astute thinker can conclude, implies that the returning Carson...is indeed a clone/repliclone. Maybe he should have stayed silent and either contacted Darren to quietly change the GW article or corrected any misconceptions that came up post-Kindred? Because his antics just indirectly spoiled a whole bunch of people. Quite amusing.
    Um. Mallozzi said over and over and over any time anyone asked about it that
    Spoiler:
    it would be the real Beckett. Looks like he's lied to people. Who'da thunk it? I hope the Beckett fans and wake up and see TPTB for what they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      maybe Joe M really did say that then changed his mind cause he couldn't think of anything else... so blames GW
      He'll prolly blame GW if the show gets cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        Spoiler:
        it would be the real Beckett. Looks like he's lied to people. Who'da thunk it? I hope the Beckett fans and wake up and see TPTB for what they really are.
        Why does that not surprise me anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
          Why does that not surprise me anymore?
          Because TPTB are full of surprises?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            Because TPTB are full of surprises?
            They're full of something alright. i don't know about surprises...

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Here's something from Blackadder that reminds me of tptb's treatment of John the Kirk.

Spoiler:
              Edmund: George, who's using the family brain-cell at the moment? This is just the beginning of the training. The beginning of five long months of very clever, very dull men looking at machinery.

[Flashheart is heard in the corridor.]

Flashheart: Hey, girls! Look at my machinery!

[The sound of screaming women is heard from the corridor. Flashheart enters Darling's office, zipping up his fly. He is carrying a stick. All present rise to attention.]

Flashheart: Enter a man who has no underwear. Ask me why.

All except Edmund: Why do you have no underwear, Lord Flash?

Flashheart: Because the pants haven't been built yet that'll take the job on.

[Flashheart performs a groinal thrust.]

Flashheart: And that's the type of guy who's doing the training around here. Sit down!

[All sit. Flashheart notices Edmund.]

Flashheart: Well, well, well, well, well. If it isn't old Captain Slack Bladder.

Edmund: Blackadder.

Flashheart: Couldn't resist it, eh, Slack Bladder? Told you you thought I was great. All right men, let's do-oo-oo it! The first thing to remember is: always treat your kite . . .

[Flashheart taps the picture of the Sopwith Camel with his stick.]

Flashheart: . . . like you treat your woman!

[Flashheart whips the air with his cane.]

George: How, how do you mean, Sir? Do you mean, do you mean take her home at weekends to meet your mother?

Flashheart: No, I mean get inside her five times a day and take her to heaven and back.

[George smirks.]

Edmund: I'm beginning to see why the Suffragette Movement want the vote.
              Hee hee hee, John 'Flasheart' Sheppard, kinda fits him well

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              Is it wrong that as a straight guy... I somewhat agree with you
              No it's not wrong I think Toshiko Sato is a very attractive woman and I'm straight

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                They're full of something alright. i don't know about surprises...

I agree

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  Did he? The only quote on the matter I can find is this:

Spoiler:
                  Q: Will it be Carson Beckett in the flesh, or in non-corporeal form?

A: When he returns for the two-parter, it will be Carson Beckett in the flesh. Late in season three, we discussed the manner in which the character had been written out and the possible ways in which he could be brought back. I threw out an idea that not only brought Carson back, but answered a very big question I had concerning a late-season arc. In order to lay the groundwork for his possible return, we threaded a subtle hint into one of the late season three episodes. So, if fans want to know how we plan on bringing the good doctor back from the dead, they should seek out the hidden clue when the back half of season three returns to SciFi this Friday, April 13th.

Q: Will it be “our” Carson Beckett or an alternate version?

A: Well, I don’t want to give too much away but I can say it won’t be an AU version of Carson - or a time-hopping Dr. Beckett either.

Comment

Spoiler:
                    So Beckett is, in fact, one of those duplicates from TMC.

Well, I blame JM, the blog of doom and Skiffy for ruining The Kindred for everyone.

Just goes to show that Karma is a b****.
                    Last edited by mcbarr; 16 February 2008, 06:50 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'd rather see
                      Spoiler:
                      a Micheal-created Carson clone than a repliclone. Really, I'm so sick of the replicators - they're a two dimensional, boring enemy thanks to TPTB's neglect. Now that Torri appears to be done with the show I 'm not interested in seeing them again.

Also, Carson is only in the last 5 minutes of Kindred 1? That's one of his two highly-touted eps this season? Ha, it's like how Weir was reported as being in 4 eps but she was only in 30 seconds of BAMSR. If only Woolsey was in 30 seconds of each of his 14 slated eps next season...

Comment

Kindred:

Spoiler:
                        JM did say it would be Carson in the flesh, and he also denied Cloning - that I DID see somewhere! If its Carson "in the flesh" then he can't be a Replicator, as they are machines, unless you want to quibble about semantics, because the team Replicators were a sorta flesh created by nanothingys, and they were filled with nanobots that healed them immediately, so I wouldn't exactly call them "human".

But somethere. . .SOMEWHERE, I could have sworn I saw JM say it IS OUR CARSON.

My feelings? JM started this mess in the first place by giving out so much info on his blog. Now he is going to blame Gateworld? Give me a friggin' break! When is this man EVER going to say he made a mistake?????????????

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

The guy talks too much. Given what he said to the Save Carson Beckett campaign, pretty much any normal person would conclude he was bringing back the real Beckett, and not some half-assed version of him. You know, this is punishment for all the cryptic **** he says.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                            Kindred:

Spoiler:
                            JM did say it would be Carson in the flesh, and he also denied Cloning - that I DID see somewhere! If its Carson "in the flesh" then he can't be a Replicator, as they are machines, unless you want to quibble about semantics, because the team Replicators were a sorta flesh created by nanothingys, and they were filled with nanobots that healed them immediately, so I wouldn't exactly call them "human".

But somethere. . .SOMEWHERE, I could have sworn I saw JM say it IS OUR CARSON.

My feelings? JM started this mess in the first place by giving out so much info on his blog. Now he is going to blame Gateworld? Give me a friggin' break! When is this man EVER going to say he made a mistake?????????????
                            When Satan ski's to work

Comment

Here's the link to the interview:

Carson to Resurface on Atlantis

Interesting segment:

Q: Now that the SCB Campaign has generated so much press coverage, and on a national scale in the US, will you hold true to your word and bring back Carson Beckett in S4?

A: I’m a man of my word. The SCB Campaign upheld their end of the bargain, so I’m upholding mine. I am pleased to announce that Carson Beckett will be returning to Atlantis for a two-part story in the back half of season four.
                              Reaaaly?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                Here's the link to the interview:

Carson to Resurface on Atlantis

Interesting segment:

Reaaaly?
                                It won't be the same. Now that Torri rejected them they are trying to change their approach

Comment

Working...
                                X