Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its this part of that article that struck me

Next week… I am predicting it will be a half-perfect episode, as Teal'c comes to Atlantis. We have Sam and Teal'c, all we need is Jack and Daniel (Ha! Jack Daniels), change the name of Stargate: Atlantis to Stargate: SG-1 and the show will be perfect again!

im not the only one then that thinks we are replacing one sg1 charcter for another. Adding Daniel for minimum of 2 eps aswell as Carter for how ever many and isnt Wooley boy an Sg1 character?

I wonder sometimes wether they should just admit that atlantis is now a vehicle to keep sg1 alive at the cost of what Atlantis was.
    sigpic
    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
      I wonder sometimes wether they should just admit that atlantis is now a vehicle to keep sg1 alive at the cost of what Atlantis was.
      That's what they've doing. It will fail. And it will be blamed on the fans.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        If they had left that in, it would've pleased a lot of Carter/Jack fans, I imagine, and would've went a long way in helping the Keller character to appear like she's not throwing herself at guys when we thought she was with another.
        Oh yeah, I think it would have helped Keller. But I don't mind that Sam/Jack didn't make it into the final cut, since I don't think that ship belongs on SGA. If TPTB do decide to make it canon then I think it should be done in the movies (when Jack is actually there!) instead of stringing shippers along on SGA.

I could have really used a B plot in Trio with Teyla, Shep, Lorne, Zelenka, whomever. They could have snipped a lot from the A plot too - the Zelenka bashing, the objectification of Keller and Carter, the repeated times Carter hurts herself. The A plot was so slow, condensing it would have improved it immensely.

Comment

Um, I'm not sure they would even have to pay her.

Did you guys see the tidbit they left out of Trio on JM's blog?

Spoiler:
          Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.

LOL!!! unbelievable

Comment

Did you guys see the tidbit they left out of Trio on JM's blog?

Spoiler:
            Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.
            Hammond?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              Hammond?
              Spoiler:
              ---> <--- wholly inadequate

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                Hammond?
                LOL!!!
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                  Over the weekend I saw Tao of Rodney in syndication. Boy did that highlight for me the differences between season 4 and seasons past. Great moments between so many characters and it worked because the people really had come to feel like they were each other's family. That is what is missing for me at the heart of season 4 - family. The two new characters aren't part of the family yet. Maybe in a few years... But wait! There's two more coming next year. It just feels like the show keeps starting over, trying to get it right, when for me it already had it right. They had six main characters surrounded by a great secondary cast and those were the people I was interested in. It was their lives and adventures together that I wanted to follow
                  I dunno, but for me the show has always been character based. I liked the plots (remember I'm talking seasons 1-3 here), but what made it so good was the interactions between our little family that had formed over the past years. I have no idea where tptb got the idea of 'mixing it up' or whatever - the formula, the chemistry, the dynamic between the main six characters and the supporting cast was outstanding. They all held an important part of the show, and once two - three including Heightmeyer - were killed, there was a big gaping hole left in what was SGA.

I understand that there must be plot twists and a show must evolve, but that can easily be done without infuriating tons of viewers worldwide by unfairly cutting thier favourite actors. It's simply this: Without Carson, without Liz, and without the brilliant supporting characters that may only pop up a few times each season there is no show. Fans like stories and plots but even more they love familiarity and the atmosphere created by the characters.

Tao of Rodney has always been one of my favourites as it excellently defines the bonds between the characters. Those bonds have grown much over the years - yes, they still have some relationship flaws and Rodney still as his arrogance, but they were a tight knit family and that's what made it so beautiful to watch. (I'm starting to get soft eyes as I'm writing this.) THe friendships touched me. And even better they were just friendships, and guys and girls could be really close friends without anyone constantly raising the thought they were dating. Of course there were romantic-ish moments, but romantic tension is life, isn't it?

Elizabeth was always an amazing character to me that could easily be bypassed by most viewers as just the leader of the expedition. But she was more than a leader. She was a strong woman, who, also, was lonely. Through the first three seasons we saw she loved her job and took it very seriously, at times to sacrifice her personal life. She was a workaholic. Leading the expedition gave her a chace to bond with people over a long period of time, something she might have not done with her other temporary diplomatic jobs. Her lonliness and isolation in The Return Part I demonstrated that she had built a life out of Atlantis. It didn't just give her a job - it gave her one true home and a family she could always depend on.

Elizabeth was strong, but not in a traditional sense. She was a peaceful person, with no need to wield a gun. But she was solid in diplomacy as shown in The Siege when she negotiated with the Genii. She might have been afraid, but she stood her ground and achieved thier goal by being persuasive - all the time, tied up in the chair, not seeing the man you were talking too, and not even knowing exactly where you were.

Carson will always have a special place in my heart. It is so rare to have a male character that could be sensitive and open with his emotions without being portrayed as weak. He could be a coward at times, but in defence of his friends he overcame those fears. The fact that he was not a typical 'hero' or 'geek' intrigued me and I felt the writers sold him really well from the start. Not to mention Paul's brillaint portrayal of him - he was absolutely an amazing and integral part in endearing this character to fans! Carson was admirable, with the biggest heart any guy could ever have, but he had flaws too.

The disaster on the Hoffan World is something he could not change, but it was something he would have to live with; it was the people's choice to release the vaccine into the general population, but he also has to carry the burden of helping create what was first percieved to be a sort of 'miracle drug'. His experiments with the Wraith also added to his characters' complexity. He had good intentions behind it - learning that the Wraith were part human, he wished to change them from what he considered to be an 'unnatural state' into humans so they could reside amonst us. But that backfired, not only when the conversion reversed, but when he considered the Wraith didn't want to be changed, and essentially he was conducting unconsentual experiments on them. He had to further face his dilemma when the other Wraith wanted to use the retrovirus to turn the other Wriath into humans to be fed on, and the events in 'Misbeggotten.' And now, he has to face it again as presented in 'Kindred'.

But still, Carson had the biggest heart ever and would do anything for his friends. It wasn't his medical knowledge that saved his patients - it was the fact that he wouldn't let them die. Carson and Elizabeth were definately the two that held our cast of characters together: Carson the sensible heart, and Elizabeth a fearless leader that grounded Atlantis.

The new 'family' presented now lacks the dynamic that was once there. Keller could never replace Carson (I'm still bitter at tptb's decision), and whatever leader comes can never replace Liz. It's sad and sickening tptb expects us to accept this new family by pushing it down our throats. It's a desperate attempt, and, in all honesty, it ain't working.

Don't fix what ain't broken. As for our previous family, it couldn't be more true.

Comment

Shoot! Reiko, I can't green you so have some virtual green instead.

Comment

Did Hammond end up in Washington too? I have no idea, since I didn't watch SG-1...though I guess I am now, since I watch SGA. I don't want to see Teal'c this week, since I never much cared for him on the like 10 eps I've seen. If he and Ronon fight, I hope Ronon kicks his butt. But that won't happen...Teal'c would win, symbolically expressing TBTB's attitudes toward the two shows. I will wear stinky socks on my head if I am wrong!

More cheerful thoughts: I'm about to begin viewing season 5 of DS9 and I have Lost and Waking the Dead in my Netflix queue and will soon add Supernatural and Prison Break. Many hours of viewing right there.

Comment

I will wear stinky socks on my head if I am wrong!
                        Please, let Marielabbott be wrong. I want to see that picture.

Comment

Just a little post I put in the ProWeir S4 & S5 thread. My leanings toward "anti-ness" have certainly increased in the last few weeks, so I wanted to share it here....

Spoiler:

I, too, think my days of watching SGA are numbered. Too many changes that I'm not too thrilled about....

*Torri is out with no chance of return in Season 5.
                          *Carson's back, but then again, not really because.....
                          *Keller is becoming a regular character.
                          *Larrin will be back.
                          *The team I loved (and yes, that included Elizabeth - I don't care if she wasn't on the offworld team, she was part of the team) is gone.
                          *Frat-boy, sophomoric humor is on the rise. A little is okay, but I'm seeing too much of it to suit me.
                          *The forced marrying of SG-1 and SGA. I'm getting tired of the crossovers from one show to the next. Let's allow SG-1 to rest in peace now and focus on SGA, okay?

I hate to say it, because I really loved this show. But, there have just been too many changes for me.

And, to somehow bring this back to topic - I think Season 4's Lifeline is one of Torri's greatest episodes as Elizabeth. I hate what TPTB did to this character in TMC, but at least I got to see Elizabeth in Season 4. Torri's acting was phenomenal in these two eps. And, Elizabeth had some real emotional scenes.

Elizabeth was NEVER a supporting character for me. SGA, for me, was not about the offworld team. It was about the expedition. Who better to be a part of the show than the character who has always been the biggest voice of advocacy for the expedition?

Sigh.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Please, let Marielabbott be wrong. I want to see that picture.
                            Uh, oh, what've I gotten myself into? I'll post a picture (of the back of my stinky sock-loaded head) if I'm wrong.

Comment

Uh, oh, what've I gotten myself into? I'll post a picture (of the back of my stinky sock-loaded head) if I'm wrong.
                              *keeps fingers crossed*

If you want to know how the fight ends, there's people who have already seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                                I'm finally grateful for people using spoiler tags. I don't care one bit what they're hiding anymore.haha

Am I right, are people really not allowed to count words on the show?! what else will GW tell not to do in one's free time? LOL This forum is getting as ridiculous as the show. wth?! Why?
                                Well originally Skydiver said this:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=12823

Now she says counting words is fine.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X