Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
    Oh, yeah, I'd pay to see that! I want the Dresden Files to come back.
    i felt bad for that tv show it was doomed from the start by production issues.

the guy who played harry seems nice and everything but i don't think he was right for the role imho.

Gads i adore Jim Butcher's books though

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    I wish he'd answered any portion of that, but I suppose that's too much to ask. I am going to continue though. You should too - you write very well.
    what did you ask him?... i avoid that blog like the plague
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

the guy who played harry seems nice and everything but i don't think he was right for the role imho.

what did you ask him?... i avoid that blog like the plague
      Just expressed the let down I felt from the beginning of the week to the end w/ his postings & various announcements. Then I asked if he'd please have Elizabeth on for more than just the 1/2 that everyone is predicting.
      sig made by me

Comment

Just expressed the let down I felt from the beginning of the week to the end w/ his postings & various announcements. Then I asked if he'd please have Elizabeth on for more than just the 1/2 that everyone is predicting.
        ahh very cool ((hugs))
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

ahh very cool ((hugs))
          ((hugs)) back.

Alright I am going to go to bed. It's 1 AM and I really shouldn't be up.
          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
            I just finished watching like 10 hours of Jane Austen films--there may be no happy endings in SGA, but there are in other places. It's good therapy to revisit some of these nice things.
            After all my hopes for SGA were shattered back in Sunday/Torri casting new I went on a period drama movie/mini-series binge. It was good, and so totally what I needed. Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey, Masnfield Park, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, North and South, The Ruby in the Red Smoke, etc. I recommend North and South, Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey for some serious angst but happy.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'd watch those but there are no aliens, violence or winchester boys (j/k) lol

((hugs)) back.

Alright I am going to go to bed. It's 1 AM and I really shouldn't be up.
              aww have a good sleep!!

its only midnight here and i'm a night owl

i think i will watch the last supernatural then play some guitar hero before bed
              though i got church in the morning, and we are debating as whether or not to adopt this
              kitten we saw from the local humane society... it could be a crazy day tomorrow
              Spoiler:

Comment

I'd watch those but there are no aliens, violence or winchester boys (j/k) lol
                Dare I say I loved those movies/mini-series more than SGA. I didn't really think I was going to get so into them but I did. SGA has turned me into a period drama movie lover. LOL.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Dare I say I loved those movies/mini-series more than SGA. I didn't really think I was going to get so into them but I did. SGA has turned me into a period drama movie lover. LOL.
                  i have seen a few that are okay Certainly well written and well acted.

I think part of my problem is that where i from 'period films' are really popular. I even worked on a couple. They are a different time period... usually Anne of Green gables type stuff.... i think that i just have been surrounded by those kinds of films a bit too much. I do appreciate them but i think that i could never get in to them to much cause i've sort of been overdosed with them. weirdly enough though i still like a good cowboy flick.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Hmm, I didn't realize it had production issues. I actually really liked the guy who played Harry, but JF would be better, I think. I haven't read Jim Butcher's books yet , but they're on my list.

oooh which ones did you watch? I just taped Mansfield Park on PBS, so have to start watching that.

I wish he'd answered any portion of that, but I suppose that's too much to ask. I am going to continue though. You should too - you write very well.
                    Ooo, I didn't know there were so many other period drama fans in here. I watched the entire BBC/Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice, and Bride and Prejudice, the Indian modern-day version of P&P. It's a little crazy, but fun. And I've been watching the PBS Jane Austen films too. I had a bit of hard time with Mansfield Park, since Billie Piper is Rose from Doctor Who and I kept expecting the TARDIS to show up, but it was fairly good. And I loved the Northanger Abbey adaptation.

You also write very well. And I'll keep posting too. I want him to realize Torri/Weir has fans, and fans who aren't nutters.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                    After all my hopes for SGA were shattered back in Sunday/Torri casting new I went on a period drama movie/mini-series binge. It was good, and so totally what I needed. Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey, Masnfield Park, Persuasion, Sense and Sensibility, North and South, The Ruby in the Red Smoke, etc. I recommend North and South, Pride and Prejudice and Northanger Abbey for some serious angst but happy.
                    I love P&P and Sense & Sensibility is tied as my all-time fave film (Emma Thompson's version). I also love Our Mutual Friend. I haven't seen North and South, though, is it good?

Whew, I need to go to bed. 'Night anti-thread. I'm happy I found this place. Like I've said before, it's free therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      You know, what happened to torri was hardly unique.

back in season 9, or the beginnings of s9, amanda went to coop, i haven't heard anything, should i be worried?

was told not to worry about it

asked again

told again

pushed and pushed

eventually, AFTER EVERYONE ELSE ON THE CAST INCLUDING BEN AND BEAU AND CLAUDIA had been given their contracts and signed for s9, she got the 'we don't know what to do with sam' talk

In other words, torri is far from the only person that's been dealt with rather callously. Amanda, a 9 year veteran of the show at that time, got the exact same treatment

Her outcome was different, however this whole 'we hate confrontations, let's ignore it adn see if it just fixes itself' seems to be par for the course with the boys.
                      Well... Amanda being pregnant back then might've been a factor as well

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                      I agree sky, and I think TPTB are crap in general when it comes to management and people skills. But as least TPTB didn't tell Amanda everything was fine and then come up to her later to tell her she could come back as recurring in s9 or not come back at all. She stayed a regular for both s9 and s10 (though she was minimized in both seasons and don't get me started on the leadership mess...) AND they wanted her in SGA (possibly to make up for what they thought was poor treatment the last 2 seasons, who knows). She gets put in as leader of Atlantis and second in the main credits, and TPTB have been saying for quite some time that they'd love to have her in s5. When she leaves SGA, she'll leave on her own terms with a project lined up, instead of being unceremoniously dumped and given only a few eps in s5 to pander to the Carter fans.

All in all, I feel that both Tapping and Higginson have been sorely mistreated by TPTB, but Tapping came out far better in the end. I was quite peeved at how Amanda was treated in s9 (vented about it quite frequently in the anti s9 thread too), but I feel much worse for Torri and Weir fans.
                      At least they'll know how we feel... And they'll start watching Sanctuary
                      Last edited by Pajus; 02 February 2008, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Reef: I watched Outcast last night. What do you want to know, if anything?
                        No, I just wondered why no one was talking about it friday night/saturday morning that's all

Comment

Unfortunately, no. From Corin to Amanda to Rainbow to Paul to Joe F. to Torri. All have been treated poorly by TPTB. It's very hard to support a show when you're regularly disappointed by the people in charge of it.
                          Yup.

All the talk about Pride and Prejudice makes me wanna revisit that miniseries. Love that Colin Firth!
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            No, I just wondered why no one was talking about it friday night/saturday morning that's all
                            Nobody cares anymore...
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I agree sky, and I think TPTB are crap in general when it comes to management and people skills. But as least TPTB didn't tell Amanda everything was fine and then come up to her later to tell her she could come back as recurring in s9 or not come back at all. She stayed a regular for both s9 and s10 (though she was minimized in both seasons and don't get me started on the leadership mess...) AND they wanted her in SGA (possibly to make up for what they thought was poor treatment the last 2 seasons, who knows). She gets put in as leader of Atlantis and second in the main credits, and TPTB have been saying for quite some time that they'd love to have her in s5. When she leaves SGA, she'll leave on her own terms with a project lined up, instead of being unceremoniously dumped and given only a few eps in s5 to pander to the Carter fans.

All in all, I feel that both Tapping and Higginson have been sorely mistreated by TPTB, but Tapping came out far better in the end. I was quite peeved at how Amanda was treated in s9 (vented about it quite frequently in the anti s9 thread too), but I feel much worse for Torri and Weir fans.
                              Word, word, word.

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                                Nobody cares anymore...
                                That's true, I know I don't

Comment

Working...
                                X