Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
    Removing beloved characters such as Weir and constantly changing the cast is not how you get a following! What's the point of getting into a character if they keep coming and going?!

It wouldn't suprise me if Carter is replaced by a man!
    I think the new commander will be male. That's one of the reasons why they're introducing the Captain Allison Porter character, to keep the male/female ratio somewhat even.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I did, and I did find it better than the last two eps (faint praise considering the last two eps were crap). It was nice to have more Shep backstory, but I found the replicator on the loose! storyline to be predictable and dull.

Also, why in the hell was there so much Dr. Lee? Last time I checked, he wasn't a member of SGA. Hell, he's only a minor character on SG1. Why did they have to waste so much screentime on him? They could have brought Rodney along instead, or even split the time between Earth and Atlantis, where Rodney and Teyla are talking about her pregnancy (we have yet to see Rodney react to or talk about that change).
    I watched Outcast too. It was ok, there were some nice moments and a couple good fights with the replicator. I have to agree with your assessment of Dr. Lee (I'm not a SG-1 fan, why can't they realize not every SGA fan is) and it would've been great to have some Rodney/Teyla interaction. It's hard to imagine they're friends, with how little we've seen them interact alone in 4 years. I still don't like that they made Sheppard come from a rich background; I don't see that in his character, but whatever.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    And, so is Teyla not a draw for the key demographic? I think RL is beautiful (but this is from a female perspective.)
    Oh, no, I did not mean to even imply that RL isn't beautiful. I think she is, and very talented too. I was just thinking of this Captain Porter character and how she'll probably be fresh, barely in her 20's, picture-perfect, maybe Kelleresque eye candy. And I don't like that. Give her screentime to Teyla or Ronon.

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
      I'm pretty disappointed already, and, well, it might very well get worse on Monday. Thankfully tomorrow I will be busy with a Jane Austen marathon with the girls that will take my mind off SGA for awhile.
      Jane Austen? I'm in!

Removing beloved characters such as Weir and constantly changing the cast is not how you get a following! What's the point of getting into a character if they keep coming and going?!
      Big fat "AMEN" to that!!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      Just out of interest, did anyone watch Outcast last night?
      For me, it was just another average episode. There were a couple of things I liked, but for the most part it was a lot of talking. Zzzzzzz Still, it didn't surpass the stinkiness of my two least favorite episodes of the season. Of course after the next episode, I may have a "trio" of stinky episodes for the season.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I am bored, very very bored, but I can't bring myself to watch outcast. I'm sick of the replicators, they are supposed to be got rid of, can't TPTB think of something new?

TPTB will keep producing these lame plots because there are always people who watch them.
        my thoughts exactly!

the replicators were "done" in sg-1 season 8. But now they are back...again.

In season 3 of sga I had a glimmer of hope for the replicators were more human like and wanted ascension. Instead, that was a plot device to put the new replicators into the same old category of "killing machines" and not explore them properly.

I loved 5th in SG-1...that was a machine who was seen as less than a machine to the other replicators becuase he had human emotions. That was mind blowing to me. Reverse prejudiced...where the machine isn't good enough to the other machines. Where humanity is seen as a flaw.

Now, it's just another Terminator/Cylon type arc with no real humanity in it.

Shame, shame, shame.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Ok. Carter is "in several episode". AT just got Sanctuary picked up. Alison Porter new female character - possibly recurring. JM basically confirmed they fired Weir because they didn't like the character, only Brad Wright did. He said they did AT a favor by firing her to her face rather than informing her agent.
          Then in the blog earlier this week he said Weir would be back, on screen in S5. But she will not be in the mid season 2 parter.
          My goodness. They brought SAM over just to fire her later on? No harm done. SAM is a respected character in SG1 and with or without her appearance in SGA this will not change . YAY SAM!

*gets, dressed, arms stinky sock launcher, aims at TPTB, drowns them in Stinky Socks.

Comment

Look on the bright side... You have nothing to lose anymore. Just take a seat on the couch and watch the train wreck.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh look 12,000 anti postings, and TPTB still say it's the best season EVAH, from the sounds of things it sounds like Series 5 has already lost the plot (it's not like S4 had one). They've already opened a series 5 part and I know we're not allowed to post an Anti 5 thread, so how about we post a 'Serious Misgivings About Series 5' thread, think we can get away with it
              i wouldn't start it but i would seriously cheer it on!
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I think I seriously overquoted and may have to split this post in several parts... Which happens when one misses a gazillion pages.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                ...why not an established character like Cadman?
                Because maybe Jaime wasn't available or they can't remember who Cadman was.

NO one leave! Please?
                I'm not going anywhere... I might migrate to the Stinky Sock thread, but I'm not leaving entirely.

Larrin & Alison Porter will battle for Shep's affection. The winner will get to run their hands through teh!HAIR(tm).
                Many Shep-fangirls will then be jealous with whoever wins.

We will zat them away from Dr.Z.
                Count me in! Dr. Z deserves better treatment. Poor man has been traumatized for life after his encounter with Carter's assets.

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
                Is it OK to post negative things about Season 5 here? If they can somehow be related to Season 4 maybe?
                Post away! Make yourself at home, pick a spot on the anti-couch, have a drink and a cookie!

From recent experience I am getting the feeling that not too many negative things will be welcomed in the Season 5 zone, and I really don't want to piss off or offend too many people.
                Hence why said the season 4 thread will soon be empty of pro's... They've all migrated.

The female characters on the other hand, what the heck?
                No kidding...

Kate -killed outright
                *quivering lip*

So when they talk about bringing in yet another female character, Alison Porter?, I am not inclined to be optimistic about Season 5 either.
                They'll frak it up, just wait...

****Continue to part 2
                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 02 February 2008, 10:38 AM. Reason: Spelling is off...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I knew I was going to make the post too long. Oops!

Part 2

From what I've recently heard about SGU, it has the potential to be full of awesomeness. If we can keep certain PTB away, that is.
                  If the current PTB get their hands on it, they'll screw it up from the pilot onwards.

Besides, if posters in the SG1 anti-s10 thread are allowed to post anti comments about Ark of Truth then I see NO reason why posters in the anti-s4 thread cannot post about s5. And if it ever comes up later as a problem then I'll happily point out the bias and you guys should too.
                  Mental note: Keep that in mind!

...it's becoming like a boys' club...
                  It is a boys' club.

The whole casting has become very sexist and geared towards male viewers.
                  True... Have to keep that KEY
                  Spoiler:
                  (*)(*)
                  demographic happy after all.

I just read somewhere (ah, the irony!) that Carter is history as base commander. Ha, ha!
                  Oh how the irony indeed....

Grab your water skis, kids, we're going shark jumping again!

Great how everything is gelling, huh?
                  Like Sheppard's hair... (which is gel-free)

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  Honestly dude, I think with this new announcement, they should just bring Weir back, imo. Have Carter do her guest roles, they rescue Weir, save her and then the IOA decides she is fit to be leader again.
                  And they live happily ever after with faeries singing them to sleep, and the Wraith turning into vegetarians.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                  why is it i find this highly amusing!? LOL
                  Why not?

Originally posted by dana View Post
                  So, any bets as to who the new commander will be? Woolsey? O'Neill? Jackson? Landry? Vala? Mitchell? Completely random military dude?
                  I ran out of socks... I don't think I want to know really.

...so how about we post a 'Serious Misgivings About Series 5' thread, think we can get away with it
                  Not a chance...

It wouldn't suprise me if Carter is replaced by a man!
                  What will the key demographic think of that?

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                  I might stop by the blog of doom later today and suggest Rygel as new leader.
                  I support Rygel as leader.

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                  And don't tell me that this list of possible replacements actually existed?
                  Not buying it...

Might watch it... but Teyla is conveniently missing yet again... And Ronon in tight jeans can't keep me interested.

I still don't like that they made Sheppard come from a rich background; I don't see that in his character, but whatever.
                  Actually my sister and I discussed this point of his background way back in season 3 when he's teaching Ronon how to play golf. Seems we were right.

Give her screentime to Teyla or Ronon.
                  They desperately need it.

Comment

nope i don't watch it anymore
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      And they live happily ever after with faeries singing them to sleep, and the Wraith turning into vegetarians.
                      as long as they don't eat vegetarians *looks nervous* hehe

and the sharks don't eat vegetarian surfers!

Look on the bright side... You have nothing to lose anymore. Just take a seat on the couch and watch the train wreck.
                      it does seem funnier this time.. maybe i'm getting over atlantis
                      Last edited by parisindy; 02 February 2008, 02:46 PM.
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        as long as they don't eat vegetarians *looks nervous* hehe
                        Maybe they'll eat sponge Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          Maybe they'll eat sponge Bob
                          And this is what happens to the first Wraith who does... remember:

Comment

Here, sharkie, sharkie, shark

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                              What will the key demographic think of that?
                              Well more or less everyone else is a man and the head of SG command were always men. Carter hardly shows up in the first place. I just think it's unlikely TPTB would have 3 women in a row... They'll make up for it with hot very friendly off world chicks like they do now.
                              sigpic

Comment

They'll make up for it with hot very friendly off world chicks like they do now.
                                Who can also show way more cleavage if necessary... which it always is of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X