Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    I'll assimilate you so I can learn your secret

*off to watch & time Common Ground*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      I just had a wonderful dinner. Thank you for making it come back!
      I felt like eating something but I changed my mind because of that phrase

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

You cannot escape Jabberjaw or my Tubules . Beware, feeear meeee, feeeaaaarrr me, feeeeee ....**chokes, hyperventilates and passes out ****

Comment

Till Tuesday when Sky one airs Marmaduke, I mean Harmony
          I'm sure I can find something to watch, my daughter's collection of Power Ranger that's nestling on the Sky+ box or maybe the Jam and Jerusalem DVD's I'm waiting for

NCIS is cool!
          And a lot better than SGA

So, they are still jumping ski...
          Until March
          ***** The Big 3000***** !!!!YAY!!!!

Smiley stealer
          Congrats on the 3,000 Integrabyte

Comment

Nooooooooooooo!!

I really don't see that pairing... Even with my magnifying glass I can't spot it. Now, Kate/Teyla on the other hand... It's like a needle in the haystack, but I always find the needle.

Anyway... SGA turns SG1 turns Days of Our Lives ... like the something turns...yaddy yaddy yaddy...
            Ok, I changed my mind... Teyla is dead meat.

***** The Big 3000***** !!!!YAY!!!!
            Congrats!
            sigpic

Comment

Well... I am so confused! So according to spoilers, you say..
              Spoiler:
              Teyla is made a single mum by having her partner die (and the body burnt on a bunch of sticks... how Doctor Who of them ) and then what...? Did I hear shipping of J/T for real on the show!?

Oh my, I hope I missunderstood that, 'cause if Katie/Rodney had me reaching for the bleach then I have no idea what this would have me reaching for...

Yep if that happened season 5 wouldn't even get a sneaky glace from me... and people tell me there is NO ship on the show, "'cause it aint' that kind of show" well it never stopped tptb from shipping Jack/Sam did it?

No romance "Ship" on the show my arse! *mumbles to self* bloody hetro-centric @$%#

Good thing I hate this show!

Comment

*Applauds Integrabyte*

More griping about the Kindred spoiler:
                Spoiler:
                Okay, so Kannan is to Teyla as Katie Brown is to Rodney. They're significant others who are there primarily to develop the lead characters, not get their own development. While I find that irksome (you can't have a realistic relationship when one character is so superficial), I can understand it if TPTB didn't want to waste additional screentime on such minor characters.

But trivializing Kannan's presence (and Katie's, to a lesser degree) also reduces the viewer's chance to get to know more about Teyla/Rodney. For example:

-What attracted them to these people? (what qualities do they find important in a SO?)

-How do Rodney/Teyla deal with potential problems that could come up because of dating in terms of their positions? (ex: Rodney is technically Katie's boss, Teyla could have conditions placed on her relationships because she's the leader of the Athosians)

-How do Rodney/Teyla view dating in the PG in light of its dangers? Is it no problem for Teyla because of her Athosian past? What do they think of their loved ones also being in danger? For example, would Rodney have tried to keep Katie from offworld missions to try and protect her? Would Teyla show preference toward Kannan over other Athosians? Are either more likely to go somewhere safe now that they have SOs, or do they want to stay on Atlantis, no matter the enemy or danger?

-What are Rodney/Teyla's long term plans regarding relationships and kids? If Rodney/Katie had kids, Rodney would likely be torn between staying on Atlantis (no kids allowed) and going back to Earth. Which would he choose? What would Katie want? Likewise, how would Teyla have handled kids if they were planned and not a surprise? Would she want to stay on Atlantis or go back to her people? Would Kannan be willing to stay on Atlantis with her? Would there be conflicts over Earth/Athosian style of raising children?

We won't see these developments and conflicts now that Rodney/Katie is over, and I don't imagine we'll see these either with Teyla (outside of her decision about where and how to raise the child, and even that may be not explored if the kid is kidnapped or killed later) once Kannan is dead. And that's a shame, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  *Applauds Integrabyte*

More griping about the Kindred spoiler:
                  Spoiler:
                  Okay, so Kannan is to Teyla as Katie Brown is to Rodney. They're significant others who are there primarily to develop the lead characters, not get their own development. While I find that irksome (you can't have a realistic relationship when one character is so superficial), I can understand it if TPTB didn't want to waste additional screentime on such minor characters.

But trivializing Kannan's presence (and Katie's, to a lesser degree) also reduces the viewer's chance to get to know more about Teyla/Rodney. For example:

-What attracted them to these people? (what qualities do they find important in a SO?)

-How do Rodney/Teyla deal with potential problems that could come up because of dating in terms of their positions? (ex: Rodney is technically Katie's boss, Teyla could have conditions placed on her relationships because she's the leader of the Athosians)

-How do Rodney/Teyla view dating in the PG in light of its dangers? Is it no problem for Teyla because of her Athosian past? What do they think of their loved ones also being in danger? For example, would Rodney have tried to keep Katie from offworld missions to try and protect her? Would Teyla show preference toward Kannan over other Athosians? Are either more likely to go somewhere safe now that they have SOs, or do they want to stay on Atlantis, no matter the enemy or danger?

-What are Rodney/Teyla's long term plans regarding relationships and kids? If Rodney/Katie had kids, Rodney would likely be torn between staying on Atlantis (no kids allowed) and going back to Earth. Which would he choose? What would Katie want? Likewise, how would Teyla have handled kids if they were planned and not a surprise? Would she want to stay on Atlantis or go back to her people? Would Kannan be willing to stay on Atlantis with her? Would there be conflicts over Earth/Athosian style of raising children?

We won't see these developments and conflicts now that Rodney/Katie is over, and I don't imagine we'll see these either with Teyla (outside of her decision about where and how to raise the child, and even that may be not explored if the kid is kidnapped or killed later) once Kannan is dead. And that's a shame, IMO.
                  All of these things would require TPTB to think! Thinking hurts! That's why they never do it!

Comment

All of these things would require TPTB to think! Thinking hurts! That's why they never do it!
                    I don't think, thinking hurts but it certainly requires time and effort and sadly I don't think tptb spend any real time or effort on their scripts. They certainly don't seem to think beyond the next couple of scripts, and the show runners are no better!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      It would be interesting to see what would happen. And by interesting I mean, "Oh look! Another train wreck!"
                      "Oh god, oh god, we're all going to die!"-interesting.

Oh my goddess, imagine all those poor braincells that would have to die for that. Amen.

Comment

A couple stinky socks banners and you've got yourself a partner
                        WHOOT! DEAL!

I think I snerched it from Paris...
                        snurch away thats what they are for

Smiley stealer
                        Just don't steal my thunder (j/k)

oo brilliant episode!!!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        And a lot better than SGA
                        i could never get in to NCSIS
                        though everyone i know adores it... explain please... why should i watch it?
                        (not meant to be a snotty question... just wondering what i'm missing)

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

Congrats on the 3,000 Integrabyte
                        YES CONGRATES! Integrabyte! ..hmm you need a nick name... Inty... I kind of like Inty

CONGRATES INTY!!
                        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          i could never get in to NCSIS
                          though everyone i know adores it... explain please... why should i watch it?
                          (not meant to be a snotty question... just wondering what i'm missing)
                          ZIVA DAVID, the crazy Israelian chick!!

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                            They certainly don't seem to think beyond the next couple of scripts, and the show runners are no better!
                            Maybe it's the lack of a show bible (all the problems in the show stem from lacking one, IMO), but I get the feeling that TPTB don't really have a long-term plan for SGA. Do they know where the show is going? Do they know how they want to end the show? Because skiffy is going to cancel this show someday (maybe even after s5), and I'll bet anything that TPTB are going to be left scrambling - putting together a mediocre ending like SG1's Unending and then hoping for direct to DVD movies to continue the mediocrity.

I'd much rather see TPTB decide on a final season and work toward that instead of blathering on and on until they (shock of shocks!) get canned.

Comment

If TPTB had had a show bible, this bizarre, AU season 4 wouldn't have happened. They're just milking the cow for as long as they can. My opinion.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                They're just milking the cow for as long as they can. My opinion.
                                That poor cow, milked dry by those Wraith...

This requires a manip... just have to do this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X