Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

honestly, I started to watch B5 and Firefly during season 2. And you can't compare SGA to those great shows. Perhaps I was expecting too much from SGA. I just started to have higher standarts after watching B5 and Firefly and SGA can't satisfy my needs
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      honestly, I started to watch B5 and Firefly during season 2. And you can't compare SGA to those great shows. Perhaps I was expecting too much from SGA. I just started to have higher standarts after watching B5 and Firefly and SGA can't satisfy my needs
      Yup, I can honestly say... my standards have gone up too. I have watched Firefly and Farscape while I was watching SGA, and these shows are way out of SGA's league.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

thats what always makes me wonder. why was firefly canx? how do the big wigs come to these decisions?? i guess we will never know

ive never hated an entire season. more like as time has gone on the ones i liked each season have got less and less.

i think for me personaly the lemming comment from JM started me down the road to being realy disenchanted with sga followed by what i percieve to be the treatment of sga charcters/actors. i know myself well enough to realise that my bias against all things sg1 has coloured my opinion of season 4 a lot harsher than any other season.

i have though enjoyed a few eps so what the hay
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I think for me it was the simple reason that they started to take SGA as a parody, sticom, because SG1 was their "golden child". SGA was just something they did in their free time, unimportant. And it stayed that way even when SG1 was over.
          And then when they said that Carter will be in "few" episodes. So many people told me that I am crazy when I think that when SG1 is over, they will try to put someone from SG1 to SGA. I was right. And the constant uncertainty what exactly will be Carter doing there. They said in "few episodes", then a ship commander, and then as a new expedition leader. I wanted to give S4 a chance, thought. I liked it, except Lifeline, until Travelers and Missing. Those two episodes killed my excitement. I didn´t even enjoy Miller´s Crossing, that was the only episode I really looked forward to because of two Hewletts.
          All in all, second half of S4 should be really good to keep my attention. They should stop killing off original characters and bringing SG1 characters and ruin the dynamics while doing so. They should start to write normal female characters and kick out Carter. That´s all

And I am sorry, my English really sucks today (I can´t think. I didn´t have my coffee today )

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            I think for me it was the simple reason that they started to take SGA as a parody, sticom, because SG1 was their "golden child". SGA was just something they did in their free time, unimportant. And it stayed that way even when SG1 was over.
            And then when they said that Carter will be in "few" episodes. So many people told me that I am crazy when I think that when SG1 is over, they will try to put someone from SG1 to SGA. I was right. And the constant uncertainty what exactly will be Carter doing there. They said in "few episodes", then a ship commander, and then as a new expedition leader. I wanted to give S4 a chance, thought. I liked it, except Lifeline, until Travelers and Missing. Those two episodes killed my excitement. I didn´t even enjoy Miller´s Crossing, that was the only episode I really looked forward to because of two Hewletts.
            All in all, second half of S4 should be really good to keep my attention. They should stop killing off original characters and bringing SG1 characters and ruin the dynamics while doing so. They should start to write normal female characters and kick out Carter. That´s all

And I am sorry, my English really sucks today (I can´t think. I didn´t have my coffee today )

hay i get the jist of what you are saying.

i think the spoilers and comments from JM's blogs and interviews with cast members colours our views on whats up comming in the season esp if those comments and actions dont agree or dont play out as you expect. for some fans thats a good thing for a fan like myself who was tipping towards the anti side it made matters worse.

this is the only series where i have read blogs etc to be kept up to date maybe that was my downfall ((ponders))
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
              Ok, so more on topic...when was the first time you realized you harbored more anti feelings for SGA than before? (or ever)
              S1E20 Siege, Part 2 - For the first time in my life, I've seen a military officer commiting repeated insubordination and mutiny and getting away with it. During the scene with Everett and Sheppard, I was like "What the hell is that idiot trying to do? Get himself an extra bonus of an on-site execution?". I guess that was the first moment, where TPTB lost the sense of reality (IMHO).

Then there was the whole Carson-Keller and Weir-Carter transition, that was (IMHO) handled extremely poorly and without any sense of political reality. Do TPTB really expect anyone to believe that the Chinese and Russian governments would just give the last key Stargate-related military asset to the USAF without demanding something big in return? (and by big, I mean like Ancient defense platform in Antarctica big)

Then there is JM's arrogance and subsequent begging for people to watch the show. That's total disrespect towards the fans. (Don't worry, JM. You'll get the boot before too long. We both know that)

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Yes, all seasons will be subjugated to my wordcounting and screentiming. As I said, I'm up to Epiphany. And at the same time I'm rewatching the beauty that was Stargate Atlantis.
                Yay, I'm waiting with great anticipation for the results!

Ok, so more on topic...when was the first time you realized you harbored more anti feelings for SGA than before? (or ever)
                I started having anti feelings back in s2 - I thought some of the eps were crap (Tower) or mediocre overall, I didn't like how Atlantis was connected back to Earth, and I thought some of the decisions made by the team were really dumb (having Michael on Atlantis, for example). And then there was the whole ship teasing thing - OOC Shep kissing Teyla, OOC Weir kissing Shep. Blech, didn't like that at all either.

Dumping Weir was probably the pinnacle moment of my antiness, though. It was a continuation of a worrisome pattern - don't do much with Ford and then dump him, don't do much with Carson and then dump him, don't do much with Weir and dump her. TPTB are a mess.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                I said the same thing when I saw that . You don't need Sam to act like Weir. Bring back Weir. Sam's history makes her more qualified in other areas
                I wanted to see Sam the commander of (insert awesome spaceship here) and Weir the commander of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  *snip*
                  I wanted to see Sam the commander of (insert awesome spaceship here) and Weir the commander of Atlantis.
                  Hey, but now it's
                  Spoiler:
                  Weir the commander of Asuran spaceship and Carter the commander of Atlantis.

Comment

Hey, but now it's
                    Spoiler:

TPTB think it is the same

Comment

Hey, but now it's
                      Spoiler:
                      Somehow that's a very cool thought at the moment.
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Somehow that's a very cool thought at the moment.
                        Today I'll make an exception and will agree with this statement

Comment

I like to think I had high standards to begin with, series 1 was ok so I tuned into series 2 hoping it would get better and it did for a while, then series 3 came along and the last half clashed with the third series of Dr Who and I really began to see the flaws in SGA, I saw the way series 4 was going and the way JM was treating fans who had grievences about the way their favourite show was heading and thought, I deserve better and stopped watching

Comment

Oi, I'm offline for what, five stinkin' days and ya'll post past 500 without me?! =P Oh well. I was only going to look through the last ten pages but the anti's are so fun (admittedly, though I might not share all of your sentiments) so I decided to breeze through 'em all. There may be a long, sleep-inducing responses below so get comfortable! (or not.) And Happy Belated Birthday to Falcon Horus, Joe and Paul. Ya'll rock da stinkin' sox

And in regarding to what I see with the mod posts/etc, I'll be staying out of it, so expect no long thought trains there.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            By all means, last time that happened, she ended up dead:

Spoiler:
                            http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3653/amandatapping1vd2.jpg
                            http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/353...apping2dh3.jpg
                            Aye, lovely pictures! I'm going to have to watch/rent it or catch it on TV. Did they have great chemistry? Oh who cares - I'm already filling my mind with the great possibilities of the scandalous Caldwell-Carter ship. And Caldwell-Carter smut. Sometimes I scare myself.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                            There were some episodes that were not so watchable, like Irresponsible, the Ark and Sunday, and there is Submersion and Vengeance, and the Return 2 (O'neill just ruined that episode for me). In a nutshell, the only episodes I liked from 3.5 were Tao of Rodney and the Game, was Echoes from the second or first half?
                            Season Three was great. It's one of my favourite SGA seasons (I also really enjoyed the first and second). I thought the opener sucked, but I really enjoyed the second episode Misbegotten. Really liked PM and JF in Irrestistable so that made it worthwhile for me. Sateda was a blast (loved the humour bits), Progeny was great but I LOVED The Real World as you really got to see Torri flex her acting skills! Common Ground was an episode I also really liked with some good 'plot points' (or whatever you call them these days.) McKay and Mrs. Miller really was a filler with no point but nonetheless it was cute. (except the presense of Carter there's nothing cute about that.) Actually realled liked Phantoms. The Return I was awesomesause. Everyone was great in that one. And we got the wee baby turtles!

Second half - Return II will be covered in the next segment by Luz, but alas it was good though not as good as part one. Echoes was pure goodness and the whole cast shined here too. Irresponsible was okay. I really liked the last scene. Tao of Rodney - WOW, one of my favourites. It almost made me cry. The Game was fun but not the best. The Ark was okay. I liked the Hazmat hotness though. Sunday was unnescessary on several levels. I liked it when 'off-time' moments were included in 'regular' episodes in little segments. And then you-know-what happened. Though the scene with Ronon and Rodney, Teyla and John and of course the Carson and Rodney scene were well-acted. End made my eyes watery, but I was filled with mixed emotion as I cursed the TPTB at the same time. Poor Rodney, the poor guy will now no longer have a balance in this [first] rift in cast chemistry. Poor Teyla, you know she loves Carson! Seems everyone she loves dies. (Carson if your me - Kate if your'e FH) If only she would love Carter and Keller.

Then there was Vengeance and Submersion, which were entertaining. First Strike has good moments, but other than that ...

The rewind thingy from the Return 2 was simply ridiculous and a cheap plot device, it was dumb and the Return 2 was a horrible follow up to a wonderful cliffie like the Return. And don't even get me started on what a waste of an action sequence it was to have O'neill doing that underwater scene, it should have been Sheppard, I don't care for seeing the clown O'neill playing hero, I can't take him seriously, and WTF?! IT-WAS-ATLANTIS!, I'm sure people from SG1 would have been thrilled to have that man on their show, why did I have to suffer when I wanted to watch SGA, not SG1: Atlantis.
                            I really was pissed at that too. I also cannot take O'Neill seriously - always such a clown in the most serious of situations, and not like McKay. It really is ridiculous. So, it should have been , agreed. Also hated the rewind. Factor those two out and it was a great episode. (The underwater sequence is too long, pfft.)

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            Larrin just needs to blow up with that ship. Someone please remove her conical bra... Madonna took those out I think in 1983!
                            That made me spew water on the keyboard. Thank you for brightening my day with the lovely comparision!

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                            Larrin -- I haven't seen an ep with her in, but from what I've heard she's appalling. She's just eye candy for Shep to fawn over. Ugh. They destroy one of my favourite characters, kill another by exploding tumour, and then turn Shep back into a drooling teenager, controlled by his hormones. Way to go, PTB.
                            I hate this too. And Larrin is a really bad Vala knockoff. A /really/ bad knockoff. Couldn't Shep have some sense and kick her ass the first time around? If Daniel could do it, so could he. I hate it that she's transforming Shep into what can only be the Atlantis version of my male, high-school peers. And again, exploding tumour, wtf.

So...could that mean that
                            Spoiler:
                            a main cast member will die in that ep, therefore the actor is not signed onto s5 and TPTB are keeping that quiet?
                            Sounds like TP. All I know that if JF or DH go SGA is dead. If JM or RL go it will seriously suffer. If AT goes, Atlantis fans will have another victory.

I vote for Carter because I hate her and would love to see her die, preferably a fast death and off screen, if they only get a two seconds message from the SGC that says "Carter's dead *lulz*" I won't complain, if she just disappears without being mentioned again that would be perfect.
                            Yeah, give her the treatment Carson and Weir got. It really pissed me off when Carson was not even mentioned until Keller did in First Strike (irony), and Weir's wasn't mention as often as I liked either.

Vala > Carter as far as I'm concerned, at least her presence on SGA wouldn't make want to vomit, if she replaced Carter I wouldn't complain.
                            I'm against the SG1-ization of Atlantis and thus don't think Vala should go there but I absolutely LOVE Vala (infact the only reason I watched SG1) and despite this I wouldn't mind her presence. (I'm not sure about cast dynamic though). She is so much more interesting than Carter and actually has flaws. And fuzzy pink handcuffs! Yeah, but we know the IOA would never put her in charge. In fact JM said something like 'Chances of seeing Vala in season five: approximately 0%.' Same with Cadman, Ford etc. =(

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            And then Lizzie can come back and rule Atlantis in her hot new outfit. Oh wait, Lizzie, Vala & Teyla can rule. They all look good in leather.
                            Can kick ass and rule the universe together. Admittedly they would make wonderful leather-clad space pirates. Better than Larrin, and better than Sam, who could be thier rivals. And I had a real funky idea about them fighting crime. Maybe something like Charlie's Angels ... Caldwell's Angels

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            Now there's a thought.
                            Spoiler:
                            Rodney dies, we don't know if DH has signed a new contract, and fandom implodes. Again.
                            Spoiler:
                            Well, I'm pretty sure that would be the final implosion. I love Rodney and though at times I feel he could use a little less screen time in favour of Teyla, Carson or Weir, but I think tons of people would abandon the show if he left.

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                            Yeah, I noticed. Weir was good in her few seconds on screen. Carter? Carter lacks leadership. She doesn't even appear to be military anymore let alone a leader. I liked the old Carter the best. Now if they wrote Carter the way they used to, I might like her being on Atlantis. The new Carter can get herself blown up with Larrin.
                            Carter lacks the stage presense Torri/Weir had and doesn't mesh with the ream. Larrin takes up precious Weir and Teyla screentime. 'nuff said.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            She tells them but it was badly handled!
                            Quite badly handled. Too much was shoved into that episode. For some reason I wanted Rodney to be the first she would tell. It was good acting by JF and Jason for the pile of poo the writers handed them.

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
                            Keller is so boring, Carson had a great personality, he was funny and geeky. He wasn’t American (no offense to Americans but it’s nice to have a different nationality for a change).
                            Yeah, same here (except he was one of my favourites.) I also like the non-American component of Atlantis as, living in America American-only character ensembles get boring. I loved Carson's accent, his personality and I thought he was really cute! He provided a perfect balance to McKay. The best said description is by TJuk at this forum: "His character was the 'heart' of the cast and more importantly unique, not just in the sense of the show, but in Scifi and TV in general. How often do we get strong, sensitive and balanced male characters that can express their emotions without being portrayed as weak? The fact he wasn't a stereotypical 'hero' or 'geek' character was extremely refreshing and Paul McGillion did a great job in making him a very likable, 'real' person. Most importantly while 'Beckett' was a support character, he was an essential part of what made the cast work, of what made the other characters work and I think those characters, especially the writers favourite, 'McKay' will suffer and be unbalanced without him."
                            Yeah, I was in love. Screw TPTB.

Whether Torri was directly removed to make way for Amanda has been vigorously denied by TPTB, but most regulars here know what I think.
                            I share that thought - it's pretty obvious

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            As I am searching for PG15's proof, well I'm curious now too, I came across this fine article -> Wither Atlantis by Mark Wilson
                            I liked the credits segment the most. Did I mention I turn away when I see the credits? The creits this year are disgusting due to Torri's abscence as well as Paul's being fileld with randomness, even the other four couldn't make me turn my head to the previously-awesome credit sequence.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            Yep. In fact, I think some characters are OOC in s4 because of this. Sheppard is not Sheppard. McKay is not McKay. Something definitely changed.
                            SGA minus Carson minus Weir equals pile of poo. The character interaction between the sexy super six (Shep, Weir, Teyla, Carson, Rodney, Ronon) held the show together and it what was what I loved the most.

TBC

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Yep, it's a pretty and lovely little thread, and people - please - let's stop arguing and go back to better things, like bashing the travesty that is S4.

i am just so freaking tired of all the trolls walking all over us
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                And Happy Belated Birthday to Falcon Horus, Joe and Paul.
                                I was in good company. Thank you.

Poor Teyla, you know she loves Carson! Seems everyone she loves dies. (Carson if your me - Kate if you're FH) If only she would love Carter and Keller.
                                It seems she has inherited the black-widow curse. But if it's the way to get rid of Carter, then by all means.

If JM or RL go it will seriously suffer.
                                I think if JM should leave, I think there could be a form of protest, but if RL should disappear, I don't think anyone would notice, other than the people like me who are suffering from severe Teyla-itis or Teyla-withdrawal.

If AT goes, Atlantis fans will have another victory.
                                That would be a blessing.

I liked the credits segment the most. Did I mention I turn away when I see the credits?
                                I skip through them... With BAMSR I was too late though and I had to watch the damn intruder smile back at me.

...the sexy super six...
                                *giggles*
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X