Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I do think that DVR is important, but how important is another matter. We're missing C3 values and because of that we don't know how much of the DVR number really counts toward the final rating. It could be 100%, it could be 50%, it could be 10%.

Likewise, we can't be sure that SGA was renewed because skiffy thinks the show is doing great. For all we know, SGA was renewed just to get 200 eps, or it was renewed because everything else on skiffy is doing poorly, or it was renewed because the skiffy PTB knew the WGA strike was coming and kept SGA to ensure new eps of something on their channel. And we can't go on skiffy announcements either - of course they would spin things to make their network and shows look great.

There are two sides to everything, as always.
    It seems there are several sides of this coin! And of course they are going to spin things in a way that makes them and their shows look great, no matter what the audience/fans think.

Oh, the WGA strike is real and serious. From the rumblings I've heard, there may not be a 2008 fall season if this keeps up. Skiffy will be very happy to have SGA and even possibly give it a s6 just to keep new eps coming in.

(Though I've heard that the SAG may go on strike soon too, and that this could possibly affect Joe F and JM? Hmmm...a s5 without Shep. The anti couch would be quite big, methinks. )

And you can't really compare SGA to Flash - Flash was a bomb through and through. SGA isn't bombing, but I'm saying that it isn't doing peachy keen either. Also, keep in mind that once BSG ends SGA will be the most expensive show for the network. That puts added pressure on the show to get great ratings compared to cheaper shows like GHI.
    Which means SGA needs to improve - drastically - and attract as much fans as possible. I heard about SAG strike too, and losing Ronon and Shep - especially Shep - would effectively kill the show.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78

Still though, if the show was not making revenue, they would cancel it. They already cancelled shows like 4400 and The Dead Zone. So shows are not safe due to the Strike, imo. I just find it hard to digest that SGA's only reason for a renewal is the strike. Also, the show's decision for a renewal likely took place before a thought of a strike was even on the table. It was announced in late October. They could of made their decision right after "Adrift" premiered.
      I don't know about the strike and when it was known it could happen, but I don't think it happened overnight. it's possible that people knew about it way before there was an announcement.

And if you find hard to believe SGA was renewed only because of the strike, allow me to paraphrase "The Godfather" - "It's only business."

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
        Thanks for the Red Luz! Proving my point!
        Ah, I see you've started Naming and Shaming too, good for you

Comment

Oy people calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            DVR numbers are a bonus... In no way, they downgrade the relevance of live ratings (IMO, of course).
            Exactly what i think to!

Oh duh, I added an extra 100 in there. No way SGA is getting to 200.

if there is any mercy in the world it will be put out of its misery asap

Oh, the WGA strike is real and serious. From the rumblings I've heard, there may not be a 2008 fall season if this keeps up. Skiffy will be very happy to have SGA and even possibly give it a s6 just to keep new eps coming in.

(Though I've heard that the SAG may go on strike soon too, and that this could possibly affect Joe F and JM? Hmmm...a s5 without Shep. The anti couch would be quite big, methinks. )

And you can't really compare SGA to Flash - Flash was a bomb through and through. SGA isn't bombing, but I'm saying that it isn't doing peachy keen either. Also, keep in mind that once BSG ends SGA will be the most expensive show for the network. That puts added pressure on the show to get great ratings compared to cheaper shows like GHI.
            i've been following the strike very closely there have been some good steps made... and some backwards steps as well.. i support the writers 100% ... They are even starting to reshuffle shows now... Supernatural is getting moved. If its not settled asap really good shows are going to get dumped....

sadly atlantis might not because some of its writers are canadian... and that certianly could be a factor as to why its still around....

If something happens to supernatural though i will be super sad... gads i love that show... TPTB for that show are fantastic! I only have 4 episodes left before they run out. they have already stopped production *wheeze*
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              LOL, no shame for me here, quite the contrary, and not the first time people react like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                LOL, no shame for me here, quite the contrary, and not the first time people react like that.
                So why do you do it?

Comment

it's really irony.. the good shows are affected by writer's strike and this crappy SGA isn't
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Which means SGA needs to improve - drastically - and attract as much fans as possible. I heard about SAG strike too, and losing Ronon and Shep - especially Shep - would effectively kill the show.
                    I think JM would solve that issue in his usual way: Kill them off

I don't know about the strike and when it was known it could happen, but I don't think it happened overnight. it's possible that people knew about it way before there was an announcement.
                    A public announcement of the strike is one of the last things that happen. Unions usually try to solve the problems through negotiations and when it is even a little possible, keep it quiet. The strike being publicly announced means that there have been some negotiations and that there is little hope to solve the issues through them. In October, the network executives knew full well that avoiding the strike is next to impossible

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    Stop it, people! Do you want to get modded? Again?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      Stop it, people! Do you want to get modded? Again?
                      See the sig

Comment

I think JM would solve that issue in his usual way: Kill them off

A public announcement of the strike is one of the last things that happen. Unions usually try to solve the problems through negotiations and when it is even a little possible, keep it quiet. The strike being publicly announced means that there have been some negotiations and that there is little hope to solve the issues through them. In October, the network executives knew full well that avoiding the strike is next to impossible

Or ford them; or shall we say weir them out of the show, so we could hope they would return some day

I think most of the strikes work the same way. There are negotiations and people in charge usually know the strike could/would happen. When it comes to public announcement it means things are getting ugly and the fact that there's talk about SAG strike means things don't look exactly shiny at the moment. What SGA doesn't need is to lose more of regular characters. What it does need are better writers, among other things.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                          it's really irony.. the good shows are affected by writer's strike and this crappy SGA isn't
                          So frustrating - the last ep of 30 Rock is on tonight, Heroes had to shorten their season (and it hurt the show, IMO), and BSG is stranded with 6-7 eps to finish the series. My only shining beacon right now is The Wire, which fortunately finished producing its last season before the strike.

I think JM would solve that issue in his usual way: Kill them off.
                          First he'd drastically alter them in some way to make them different from the characters we know and (in some cases ) love, and then he'd kill them. Ford was infused with alien enzyme and turned into a brat, Weir was infused with alien nanites and turned into...well something that isn't Weir as far as we can tell.

Wow, dead Shep or Ronon would require the purchase of new sofas!

Comment

So frustrating - the last ep of 30 Rock is on tonight, Heroes had to shorten their season (and it hurt the show, IMO), and BSG is stranded with 6-7 eps to finish the series. My only shining beacon right now is The Wire, which fortunately finished producing its last season before the strike.

First he'd drastically alter them in some way to make them different from the characters we know and (in some cases ) love, and then he'd kill them. Ford was infused with alien enzyme and turned into a brat, Weir was infused with alien nanites and turned into...well something that isn't Weir as far as we can tell.

Wow, dead Shep or Ronon would require the purchase of new sofas!
                            Haha, make that new rooms, because there would be lots and lots of new antis around! I wonder what would JM do to Shep to make him completely different.

Comment

Haha, make that new rooms, because there would be lots and lots of new antis around! I wonder what would JM do to Shep to make him completely different.
                              Shave his head?
                              sig made by me

Comment

In the spirit of Exploding Tumor, I'm trying to think of the most ridiculous ways for Shep or Ronon to die that would piss off almost everyone in the fanbase with its sheer and utter stupidity.

Ronon could accidentally shoot himself with his own gun.

Shep could die of a lethal alien STD.

Other ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X