Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to add my congratulations on 10,000+ posts. Too bad SGA continues to provide so much ammunition for the anti-nation. Can't wait for 20,000+ (with the way things are going, it shouldn't be too far off). Keep up the good fight.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to add my congratulations on 10,000+ posts. Too bad SGA continues to provide so much ammunition for the anti-nation. Can't wait for 20,000+ (with the way things are going, it shouldn't be too far off). Keep up the good fight.
      oh! another song!!!

Fight the good fight by triumph!
      thats perfect for our list!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IImC_...eature=related
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
        You told the truth, that's what's important. I don't hate Keller, but I find her somewhat annoying, and she's been given far too much screen time this season. If they want to highlight a recurring character, I vote for Zelenka.
        I agree with your Keller sentiments. And now that
        Spoiler:
        she is coming back in season 5, I just have to hope that Carson does as well and she becomes his assistant. There's a chance I could stomach that better.
        *hugs Jewel* though because she is great.

True he's probably not a draw for that demographic...but, really, is anyone anti-Zelenka? I suppose there must be, but I've not seen a thread against him or anything. So they should make everyone happy and let him have an episode devoted to him. But no character arcs, please.

I'm very bored at work...maybe I'll see if I can reach 100 posts this evening, to help celebrate over 10,000 for this thread.
        I hate to say it, but there wasn't much anti-Carson either and look what happened to him. We must protect Zelenka somehow!

Originally posted by erb View Post
        I don't think anyone is untouchable, but I haven't seen a lot of anti-Zelenka sentiment, though I have seen some in various places. Just goes to show you can't please everyone, I guess.

Strangely enough, before Sunday and this season I was happily going along liking everyone well enough. (Except Lucius.....) My tendency to want to like everyone took a major hit and I've yet to recover.
        I could be wrong, but I think most of fandom would be happy if E.T. visited Lucius.

*E.T. = exploding tumor
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          I could be wrong, but I think most of fandom would be happy if E.T. visited Lucius.

*E.T. = exploding tumor
          to bad one couldn't get sam and keller instead... you know i almost prefer lucius over them

sorry guys i'm in a bit of a ranty mood tonight....i think its the fact that
          the slight hint from the oh so trust worthy PTB that...
          Spoiler:
          liz might come back

has everyone thinking everything will now be buttercups and butterflies and its driving me batty
          Last edited by parisindy; 09 January 2008, 10:08 PM.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Weir View Post
            Do you mine if I use that? Will credit.
            Go ahead

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
            I am not fully anti, too, but I feel better here. I think this dividing between pro´s and anti´s is weird but it seems almost impossible to be "both". I don´t know...
            I have never written anything into pro threads, but when I critisized something in episodes section, they yelled at me how wrong I am and that I shouldn´t watch.
            It´s almost a crime to say something negative today. I wonder why? I sitll love this show but I don´t love it without limits. I am not blind and I don´t like some things. I don´t want to be a blind admirer who says that writers are doing an excellent job, that Teyla is perfectly written character or that Carter is better than Weir, when I see it´s not true. Or at least it is my opinion. When I looked last time, we have democracy and right to say our opinions, right?
            If you have anything to complain about, you're more than free to do so here

Originally posted by erb
            I was told to take my opinion elsewhere since I responded to a poster stating Carson was in too many episodes last year by saying that Keller is in too many this one.

So here I am.

Down with Keller!!
            I was among those, who gave Keller a fair chance, but after all the whining and letting Heightmeyer just lie there and die, my feelings about her are clear:

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            Well, this was my original verse to TPTB this time last year

*cough*

AN ODE FROM THE LEMMINGS

We are such funny creatures,
            Mob-like some would say,
            When certain people tick us off,
            We always find a way.
            To explain just how we’re feeling,
            And show you all our might,
            We’re not just little lemmings
            Who give up without a fight.

Although we know so little,
            A problem it can be,
            When unruly lemmings go beserk,
            A riot you will see.

Now I’m sure you don’t intend to hurt,
            But it feels that way at times,
            We’ll stick together through think and thin,
            Even when we jump right in.
            We watched and we cried when our poor Carson
            Spoiler:
            Died

With all of the lemmings, right by our side.

We ask that you not change the cast,
            Or certainly it will be the last,
            That some of us, the last you’ll see,
            I’m imploring you now, the powers that be.

Thanks and goodnight
            Much better than JM's poem if you asked me. Well, as far as my knowledge of statistics goes, at least 200,000 people feel the same way (even after I take Brian's beloved DVRs into account)

You told the truth, that's what's important. I don't hate Keller, but I find her somewhat annoying, and she's been given far too much screen time this season. If they want to highlight a recurring character, I vote for Zelenka.
            Are you mad??? That would get him killed for certain!!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Every time I see a car with a Czech license plate, I yell out loud - ZELENKA!!!
            Please, never visit the Czech Republic. I have a feeling people would call Dr. Chocholousek on you

True he's probably not a draw for that demographic...but, really, is anyone anti-Zelenka? I suppose there must be, but I've not seen a thread against him or anything. So they should make everyone happy and let him have an episode devoted to him. But no character arcs, please.

I'm very bored at work...maybe I'll see if I can reach 100 posts this evening, to help celebrate over 10,000 for this thread.
            I've never seen any anti-Zelenka posts at all. I have seen anti-Carson, but no anti-Zelenka

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

*E.T. = exploding tumor
            Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            to bad one couldn't get sam and keller instead... you know i almost prefer lucius over them
            By what I know about TPTB, E.T. will visit either Zelenka or Chuck

Comment

{Mod Snip}

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
              Go ahead

Much better than JM's poem if you asked me. Well, as far as my knowledge of statistics goes, at least 200,000 people feel the same way (even after I take Brian's beloved DVRs into account)
              *takes a bow* Thanks I did a tonne of them, way back when, when the Lemming thread was in full swing. Thing is, I hope it shows that we're not that different. I did have strong reservations and was hurt with the cast changes just as much as everyone here. So many threads were opened when these changes were announced, and I personally thought it was too much too soon. People don't like change. I couldn't really imagine how I was going to like S4 with so many changes. I thought it wasn't going to be the same, hence the reasons I spent a lot of time playing on the Lemmings thread, but people change, circumstances change, and I know a lot more than I did at the beginning of last year.
              Last edited by TameFarrar; 14 January 2008, 05:37 PM. Reason: personal issue

Comment

I'm sure it does. But i'm not the 'other side' i'm me! Just as when I talk to you or Inte, or Brian, or TOF, Killdear, Gregorious, Southern Red, Red Pheonix, Borgprincess, Celcool.... shall I go on? I see you, I speak to you. I could give a flying fig which side of the fence you sit on. I've never dismissed any of you for posting off topic or otherwise in any threads, be they on topic or off. I would hope that that same courtesy would be extended. I never call you names, never belittle your views or go post behind your backs. I never have and I never will, because that's not me. How others behave is down to them. You know me, and know how I post, where I post and come to the forum to interact with everyone. I don't dump you all in the same catagory, I see you all as individuals;
                Maybe not but you red rep people for not sharing your love for the Sainted Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                  Maybe not but you red rep people for not sharing your love for the Sainted Sheppard
                  Actually I haven't, but thanks for playing! Maybe it was some other Shep fan you're thinking of, it's an easy mistake to make since we are all clones and think the same. If you want to know (though it is woefully off topic as is your post) I think i've redded one person in the history of my time in GW, and I know for a fact it had nothing to do with a retalitory red or for bashing Sheppard.
                  Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 09 January 2008, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Good morning ANTIS

Spoiler:
                    Dunno why, but I have that film in my head now...Charlie's Angels

I see you lot have been busy "loving" one another . Why doesn't JAbberjaws send his CV to replace Keller? Saw, Missing last night before I went to bed, and I got a killer headache .

Nothing compares to waking up and seeing some red in "my controls" . Ahh, the lovely taste of success

Comment

It's the season of Capricorns, and we have few of them here - happy brithday to dana!!! I wish you better SGA episodes and less anti - ness Or if that doesn't work lots of joy with old seasons
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Actually I haven't, but thanks for playing! Maybe it was some other Shep fan you're thinking of, it's an easy mistake to make since we are all clones and think the same. If you want to know (though it is woefully off topic as is your post) I think i've redded one person in the history of my time in GW, and I know for a fact it had nothing to do with a retalitory red or for bashing Sheppard.
                        Fair enough, I'll be back when things calm down in Sniper Ally

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          oh! another song!!!

Fight the good fight by triumph!
                          thats perfect for our list!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IImC_...eature=related
                          I took the liberty to add two more songs about Antis, TPTB and stuff.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          It's the season of Capricorns, and we have few of them here - happy brithday to dana!!! I wish you better SGA episodes and less anti - ness Or if that doesn't work lots of joy with old seasons
                          Really?!

Happy Birthday Dana!!!

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          Fair enough, I'll be back when things calm down in Sniper Ally

Sorry, couldn't resist!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            Are you mad??? That would get him killed for certain!!!
                            I did say no character arcs for Zelenka, because that really would get him killed. Hmm, but he has had a fair amount of screen time this year. Crap, now I'm scared.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            [SPOILERS]Saw, Missing last night before I went to bed, and I got a killer headache .
                            That was my reaction too. *sends virtual Tylenol*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Ditto that, Happy Birthday, Dana!

Comment

Let's get your personal issues off the thread please.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Let's get your personal issues off the thread please.
                                or you will all burn in the fires of eternal damnation!!!
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X