Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with you. It just seems from your list of favorite characters you gravitate towards the characters who were not meant to be the main focus, yet the actors portrayal of them, elevates them. It's the PTB shortcoming that they can not write good scripts without either killing them off unnecessarily or ignoring them.

Shhhh! Don't let her think she is normal . There's no livin with her after this
    Last edited by Integrabyte; 09 January 2008, 06:07 AM. Reason: My god, those typos :P

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      There's a good point... And I like Teyla, so this is major anti-talk for me. Sadly.

Why do I always favor the characters that are doomed to die (Kate, Janet), disappear without ever being seen again (Jonas) or are being wallpapered (Teyla)? What is wrong with me? What is right with me? *sigh*

Gonna watch The Hive now, count some more non-existant screentime for Teyla and Ronon.
      I liked Jonas, too I would prefer him more than Danny-boy. I was angry when Carter said that his planet was attacked by Ori and they even didn´t mention him! He was part of their team over a year and it wasn´t enough to mention him

I HATE how writers forget about important characters.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Cat got your tongue people? We have a goal to reach!! I have a big mouth but not as big as people think

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          There is nothing wrong with you. It just seems from your list of favorite characters you gravitate towards the characters who were not meant to be the main focus, yet the actors portrayal of them, elevates them. It's the PTB shortcoming that they can not write good scripts without either killing them off unnecessarily or ignoring them.
          Feeling better already. I especially like the bolded part.

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Shhhh! Don't let her think she is normal . There's no livin with her after this
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Feeling better already. I especially like the bolded part.

Where does one get all those kinky smileys?

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
              Yep, that seals it. Jewel jinxed the show. It's definitely done after s5.

Really, I can't see SGA going beyond s5. It was renewed largely because skiffy didn't have anything to take its place, not because it was a shining beacon in terms of ratings. Now we have someone to "blame" when it really does happen.
              Whew, as an Anti, I feel relieved! Someone else to share the blame when it happens.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Red Phoniex View Post
                just watched be all my sins remembered. Hated the rodney bashing, that was awful and mean. glad carter stood up for him but i wanted to smack sheppard for not doing anything. i don't care what anyone thinks of rodney, no one deserves to be treated like that. they really could have gone really deep with the fran thing but they just left it. dear god, why am i still watching this! i keep hoping it's going to get better or at least have one episode that is good. how can any show go so wrong? i thought it was appropriate for my 700th post to be in the anti s4.
                The writing is crap all over this season. Did you really expect it was going to be better in this episode?

*snippy*
                (and it's 9am in New Zealand and I'm not Sky....)

Did you see? It seems Jewel is back for season 5. Where does that leave Carson?
                I know exactly where that leaves him... *snip*
                Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                I really thought we would be rid of crybaby Keller next year. I just can't stand her.
                Keep dreaming

Originally posted by dana View Post
                Hey, they could make her regular! After all, Carson went to regular in s2. This is her second season and people love her, no? *sarcs* And then, if they get s6, *poof* Keller goes kaboom with explosive tumor.
                That would've been nice ten episodes ago. Remember what Gero said:
                We're going to develop her (Keller's) character like every other character
                That means she'll be killed sooner or later

Here's the snippet:

"I guess it's common knowledge by now that Stargate: Atlantis has been picked up for a fifth season! Yay! I have exactly two months to get my ass in gear to fill those unforgiving little grey pants again! I have no idea what they're planning for season five in terms of storyline, so don't bother asking, but I'm sure it'll be as harrowing and action-packed as the fourth, with me up in a friggin harness again over some swelling river or gorge. I'm very pleased, though, and very excited that my Curse of the Canceled Series After I Show Up seems to be over for now. 'Cause that would have been embarrassing for the eighth time."
                Don't worry, Jewel. This show will be cancelled before too long

Why do I always favor the characters that are doomed to die (Kate, Janet), disappear without ever being seen again (Jonas) or are being wallpapered (Teyla)? What is wrong with me? What is right with me? *sigh*
                There's nothing wrong with you. You merely want to see characters, who behave like mature people instead of whiny bickering children

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                I liked Jonas, too I would prefer him more than Danny-boy. I was angry when Carter said that his planet was attacked by Ori and they even didn´t mention him! He was part of their team over a year and it wasn´t enough to mention him

I HATE how writers forget about important characters.
                I didn't even notice them mentioning the attack on Jonas' planet. When did that happen?
                Last edited by kiwigater; 09 January 2008, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Where does one get all those kinky smileys?
                  Well, that one was made by Zuz. Link to her smiley-making thread can be found in my signature (just click on either of the two Teyla/Kate-ones).

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                    well, if there could be Teyla, I'm sure they need a janitor. Because he is as important as her
                    LOL

It figures. They're unable to admit their mistakes so they'll keep those intruders for another season.
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                      The writing is crap all over this season. Did you really expect it was going to be better in this episode?
                      I'm really tired of people spouting, "OMG, the special effects rocked! This episode was the BEST!"

Doesn't anyone care about story anymore? I made a post in the episode thread saying once ya got past the pretty fireworks, there wasn't much left that wasn't full of holes, and I got slammed from every direction with, "What's wrong with pretty effects?"

*head desk*

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I'm really tired of people spouting, "OMG, the special effects rocked! This episode was the BEST!"

Doesn't anyone care about story anymore? I made a post in the episode thread saying once ya got past the pretty fireworks, there wasn't much left that wasn't full of holes, and I got slammed from every direction with, "What's wrong with pretty effects?"

*head desk*
                          Yeah what is wrong with you? Why aren't you blinded my special effects? I think the stinky socks have cleared your brain too much.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                          muwahahah I want the first smiley guy icon w/ the eyebrows going off his face.
                          sig made by me

Comment

*head desk*
                            I feel your pain.

Someone compared it to the space battle in Serenity, which imo was a gazillion times better than the one in BAMSR.

This was a wasted episode, story-wise. For me personally, characters come first. The story has to suit the characters, and not the other way around. And special effects come last. One can make a pretty good episode with writing and characters alone, and maybe a minimum on CG.

Also, something I have been wondering about... is Atlantis an action-adventure show?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              I didn't even notice them mentioning the attack on Jonas' planet. When did that happen?
                              Somewhere in the mess of S9 and 10. I saw it only once so I am not sure. All I remember is that I was angry But I think it was somewhere in the middle of S10.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                Somewhere in the mess of S9 and 10. I saw it only once so I am not sure. All I remember is that I was angry But I think it was somewhere in the middle of S10.
                                1007 "Counterstrike" and it wasn't mess. I loved the Ori story arc. But AoT was a great disappointment for me
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X