Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all worked out... at least with one of the posters. The other just continued his nasty-ness in the PM's.

But it's behind me...

I bring forth a little bit of manip-fun. Integ thought it would be nice to fit the prayer a few pages back with an image... which I did.

Our PTB who art in Vancouver... PM for the link!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I get that way on a Dr Who forum sometimes, when they fanboys can't see the faults in an episode that everyone else can and threaten you with suspension just because you dared to answer back

*Hugs*
      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's all worked out... at least with one of the posters. The other just continued his nasty-ness in the PM's.

But it's behind me...

I bring forth a little bit of manip-fun. Integ thought it would be nice to fit the prayer a few pages back with an image... which I did.

Our PTB who art in Vancouver... PM for the link!

It's not easy being a moderator.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        It's not easy being a moderator.
        I know.

Mcbarr mentioned the ten commandments after I reworked the Our Father.

Not sure it worked, so I have the original first (which I took from Wiki cause I don't know the ten commandments by heart) and right underneath my version. If you should feel like you can do better.... please, don't hold back!

Spoiler:
        1 I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me

I am the PTB, your God who brought you out of the land of bad TV, from the house of soap-opera’s. You shall have no other PTB’s before Me

2 Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above

Do not manip an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above

3 Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD

Do not swear falsely by the name of the PTB

4 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

Remember the hiatus and keep it holy

5 Honor your father and your mother

Honor Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie

6 Do not murder

Do not kill the show

7 Do not commit adultery

Do not watch other shows

8 Do not steal

Do not download

9 Do not bear false witness against your neighbor

Do not bear false witness against the pro’s

10 Do not covet your neighbor's wife

Do not covet the return of beloved characters

Comment

Mcbarr mentioned the ten commandments after I reworked the Our Father.

Not sure it worked, so I have the original first (which I took from Wiki cause I don't know the ten commandments by heart) and right underneath my version. If you should feel like you can do better.... please, don't hold back!

Spoiler:
          1 I am the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of slavery. You shall have no other gods before Me

I am the PTB, your God who brought you out of the land of bad TV, from the house of soap-opera’s. You shall have no other PTB’s before Me

2 Do not make an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above

Do not manip an image or any likeness of what is in the heavens above

3 Do not swear falsely by the name of the LORD

Do not swear falsely by the name of the PTB

4 Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

Remember the hiatus and keep it holy

5 Honor your father and your mother

Honor Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie

6 Do not murder

Do not kill the show

7 Do not commit adultery

Do not watch other shows

8 Do not steal

Do not download

9 Do not bear false witness against your neighbor

Do not bear false witness against the pro’s

10 Do not covet your neighbor's wife

Do not covet the return of beloved characters
          Perfect!
          sigpic

Comment

We are one crazy bunch . The prayer is awesome .

Comment

Behold the 'Good egg' that is me:

Spoiler:

Thanks to Parisindy for the funky expression.

Comment

Mental green for wanting to be in my omelette

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                  Mental green for wanting to be in my omelette
                  I could be a tasty omelette, also a very creative one...

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    If Torri Higginson has any self respect she'd tell TPTB where to stick their Series 5, to be treated so harshly and dumped so unceremoniously and then be expected to be grateful to TPTB for the odd episode here and there in Series 5. If I were her I'd let the world know what I think, in no uncertain terms (Can't say what I really mean 'cos the rules won't let me, but you get the jist)
                    Well, the link Dana provided responds to that:
                    http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44

In the last paragraph, Torri says, "I wouldn’t go back to do a regular thing, but I’m more than happy to go back to do one or two episodes,” she says, content to now have time to devote to other projects instead of working on a hectic television schedule. “As long as Weir had something to do - was there for a reason and was emotionally and intellectually engaged with the story, then it would be a lot of fun."

That ruins my fantasy of full-time Weir. *pouts*

What? I said *fantasy*, I know I'm way too optimistic.
                    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                    Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                      Well, the link Dana provided responds to that:
                      http://stargate.mgm.com/news_detail.php?id=44

In the last paragraph, Torri says, "I wouldn’t go back to do a regular thing, but I’m more than happy to go back to do one or two episodes,” she says, content to now have time to devote to other projects instead of working on a hectic television schedule. “As long as Weir had something to do - was there for a reason and was emotionally and intellectually engaged with the story, then it would be a lot of fun."

That ruins my fantasy of full-time Weir. *pouts*

What? I said *fantasy*, I know I'm way too optimistic.
                      There's been speculation that we don't know when the interview took place. It could've been early after the decision to reduce her role and held back for release until recently. I'm probably being overly optimisitc too, but she could have changed her mind. People do change their minds in this biz, as we've seen before.

BTW, great post in the Do you want Weir back thread. It was one of the best defenses of her I've read.

Comment

ITA, marielabbot, never mess with borgprincess!!! We'r's got one fierce defender!
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Behold the 'Good egg' that is me:

Spoiler:

Thanks to Parisindy for the funky expression.
                          It reminds me old commercials that used to run here many years ago...

Um, sorry, just some kind of associaton

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            There's been speculation that we don't know when the interview took place. It could've been early after the decision to reduce her role and held back for release until recently. I'm probably being overly optimisitc too, but she could have changed her mind. People do change their minds in this biz, as we've seen before.

BTW, great post in the Do you want Weir back thread. It was one of the best defenses of her I've read.
                            Yay, we optimists must band together, lol.

Good point about the timing of the interview- and actors do change their mind all the time [MS, for instance]. My concern is that there may be a small window of opportunity and it might be gone forever, even if she changes her mind later on [TPTB may be loyal to SG-1 actors but she's not going to be afforded that luxury of reconsidering].

And thanks, I did spend ages on that post- I can tell because when I posted, I saw that other people had updated the thread while I was still laboriously piecing my defense together. *sighs* It's hard to keep up with everyone!

EDIT: I rest my case- two other posts snuck in before I finished this one!

Anuna, I guess having a Shark marathon helped, lol. I was inspired to hammer my point in, throw everything I had in the hopes something would stick, win the jury vote, etc. etc. [I'm actually getting more interested in my law course now. TV *is* good for something!] I was watching this trilogy about 'The Redeemer' and impressed by such a cool title. Do I get to be 'The Defender' now? XP
                            Last edited by borgprincess; 08 January 2008, 11:04 AM.
                            'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                            will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                            It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                            Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                              *optimistic mode on*

Not to mention that I doubt anyone in her position would come out in public and say he/she would like to return full-time.

*optimistic mode off*
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                It reminds me old commercials that used to run here many years ago...

Um, sorry, just some kind of associaton
                                *giggles*

Comment

Working...
                                X