Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a little something I didn't like in BAMSR, that translates to anti-S4 (I guess).

Larrin. I can't stand this character at all. I can't stand her interactions with John. She makes John look like a bumbling idiot and I don't like that. Her interactions with him are sophomoric at best and the whole "let's tie John up again" in BAMSR was pointless. Didn't serve the story one little bit. And, IMO, the amount of believable sexual tension between Larrin and Sheppard wouldn't even fill up a thimble. Sorry, but I really don't like the inclusion of Larrin to the mix this season. Not working for me.
    sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      Ouch!
      yup thats what i think to

I'll believe she is back when FH tells me...
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        Here's a little something I didn't like in BAMSR, that translates to anti-S4 (I guess).

Larrin. I can't stand this character at all. I can't stand her interactions with John. She makes John look like a bumbling idiot and I don't like that. Her interactions with him are sophomoric at best and the whole "let's tie John up again" in BAMSR was pointless. Didn't serve the story one little bit. And, IMO, the amount of believable sexual tension between Larrin and Sheppard wouldn't even fill up a thimble. Sorry, but I really don't like the inclusion of Larrin to the mix this season. Not working for me.
        welcome
        you know i want john tied up but only if there is whump MUHAHAHAHA!
        sorry ehm inner whumper snuck out there

i can't say i like larrin much
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          wow an argument i wasn't even involved with! .... has the world stopped spinning? hehe cool

Liz Isn't coming back...there is no debate... she will be mentioned once and seen off screen
          Yep! that's what I took that little "revisit Weir's storyline in season 5" = "we might have someone mention her", I used to believe in tptb, they killed that trust little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            i can't say i like larrin much
            I don't like Larrin either. But if this is the kind of woman Sheppard is attracted to, no wonder he ended up divorced...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              It's their new style of writing. Make the characters fit the story instead of making the story fit the characters.
              It's not much of story....
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                Yep! that's what I took that little "revisit Weir's storyline in season 5" = "we might have someone mention her", I used to believe in tptb, they killed that trust little by little.
                yup i'm borging that

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                I don't like Larrin either. But if this is the kind of woman Sheppard is attracted to, no wonder he ended up divorced...
                and i say this being a huge shep fan.... yup!

oh hey a crowd *waves to those lurking at the bottom*
                Spoiler:

Comment

I'm not a big fan of Teyla, but if I were, I'd be worried. First Weir gets 'developed' in a 'darker, exciting character arc' and then she goes missing and Shep has to go find her and she is barely seen the whole season.

Then I read about Teyla being developed in a darker direction and that she goes missing and Shep must go find her. Everyone keeps going missing on this show, it's not funny!

Though it reminds me of an old rhyme from primary school:

'Five little ducks went out one day
                  Over the hills and far away
                  Old mother duck said 'Quack, quack, quack'
                  But four little ducks came back...

Four little ducks went out one day...'

You can fill in the rest, lol.

No, wait, this reminds me of Agatha Christie- 'And Then There Were None'.

Yikes.
                  'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                  will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                  It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                  Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

lol love the poem!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Larrin is a complete waste of time. The character has no value to add to the show. Just this frat boy's image of "sexual tension" that the show tptb thinks is common--I suppose.

The character, IMO is another attempt at the Vala character from SG-1. Of the two I would prefer Vala...she at least is far more entertaining.

Sheppard's wandering eyes is really not called for and I have no idea why it's in the script.

The travelers are not just another lame attempt at creating a mini story arc because they don't have an over all story arc.

What could have been a major story arc...the search for Weir--turned into token cameo appearances and even lamer over all story arc of an alleged war.

One character they needed to highlight and have grow was Beckett's replacement. As it stands the CMO is a kid who will cry at the drop of a hat.

Oh how I wish the plots would center around the characters and not the computer generated special effects.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Sorry for little OT but Lythisrose, I LOVE your signature

And to topic. I like Larrin. Well, I think tptb are not able to write a female leader of any alien people without leather or at least many exposed naked parts of her body (remember Chaya?). But the whole thing with tied up Sheppard wasn´t funny and was stupid. It degradated Sheppard to some kind of teenager who can´t think straight when is some woman nearby. But Larrin at least looks like she can take care of herself, which is fine. But, truth is that their "Farscape style" they are obviously copying, doesn´t work. They are not that good as Farscape writers. SGA authors can never even think about writing characters, less than females, as they are written in Farscape or anywhere else, for the matter.

I want back all characters from season 1. I loved how they were written, everyone. How did it happen that SGA is now *this*? There are the same writers, the same idea, the same gate, more or less the same actors *cries* but it´s not the same. It wasn´t even in S3. I remember when I read once how "Season Two will be more about action" and I was scared. Now I can see that it was probably slow way down. Even that I loved S1-S3, the first year was the best.
                        I think the cancellation of SG1 made more damage than we expected. I hoped that with the end of SG1, they will stop to prefer it and start focus at SGA. But it seems to me, that without SG1, they simply don´t care any more.
                        Many "loayalties" started to work and SGA became the secondary, even after SG1 isn´t here any more.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          Can't really take credit for the picture, as I found it on a site called lolcat.com, but I thought it was about the cutest thing I ever saw!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                            i know i greened her to hehe

I want back all characters from season 1. I loved how they were written, everyone. How did it happen that SGA is now *this*? There are the same writers, the same idea, the same gate, more or less the same actors *cries* but it´s not the same. It wasn´t even in S3. I remember when I read once how "Season Two will be more about action" and I was scared. Now I can see that it was probably slow way down. Even that I loved S1-S3, the first year was the best.
                            I think the cancellation of SG1 made more damage than we expected. I hoped that with the end of SG1, they will stop to prefer it and start focus at SGA. But it seems to me, that without SG1, they simply don´t care any more.
                            Many "loayalties" started to work and SGA became the secondary, even after SG1 isn´t here any more.
                            Man wow! brilliant post!
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                              I'm not a big fan of Teyla, but if I were, I'd be worried. First Weir gets 'developed' in a 'darker, exciting character arc' and then she goes missing and Shep has to go find her and she is barely seen the whole season.
                              Shep went to find her? I thought he was still coming up with a "good" plan?

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                                Then I read about Teyla being developed in a darker direction and that she goes missing and Shep must go find her. Everyone keeps going missing on this show, it's not funny!
                                Wait a sec, is Teyla getting an arc too? *shudder* I'd be worried, 'bye Teyla, you were a goddess, it was nice knowing you, too bad tptb don't know how to write females unless they're the dominatrix or brainless Mary Sue types and you're about to get the boot.

Comment

Working...
                                X