Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    I have a scary theory as to why TPTB haven't said who's on board for s5 yet. When talking about the finale Last Man, Joe M. said
    Spoiler:
    "I joined Marty G. and Paul for a special screening of 'The Last Man' director's cut. A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

So...could that mean that
    Spoiler:
    a main cast member will die in that ep, therefore the actor is not signed onto s5 and TPTB are keeping that quiet?
    You never know with these people ....
    Last edited by Integrabyte; 05 January 2008, 12:18 PM.

Comment

there is no way they will ever bring her back

i think i may even be more anti now then i was before

and even if they do sam and keller will still be there
      the writing will still be crappy and tptb will still be jerking the fans around
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I have a scary theory as to why TPTB haven't said who's on board for s5 yet. When talking about the finale Last Man, Joe M. said
        Spoiler:
        "I joined Marty G. and Paul for a special screening of 'The Last Man' director's cut. A great season-ender (and a bit of a tearjerker -- I defy you not to cry or feel sad or pity or slightly dizzy) with a final shot that will have fandom buzzing from final fade to the opening shot of season five."

Spoiler:
        a main cast member will die in that ep, therefore the actor is not signed onto s5 and TPTB are keeping that quiet?
        I vote for
        Spoiler:
        John. That way Cameron can take up his place, smooth transition, eh?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          Spoiler:
          We can always hope Overgrown sissy-toy gets the boot (but that is not likely). My hope is that We come in peace, shoot to kill gets thrown into a prison like the criminal he is

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
            Asurans = Replicators.

Should we throw a party then?
            Ah yeah! I'd forgotten there was time when tptb were still pretending the PG replicators weren't PG replicators, since no one calls them the Asurans anymore. Remember when tptb tried to make it look like those 'new' anemies that worked exactly like the replicators and whose episode plots were exactly like the replicators' weren't replicators? and tried to convince us they were some different enemies and NOT a copy of the replicators? lulz, some people shouldn't measure other people's intelligence by their own stupidity.

Comment

I hope it's that annoying Teyla
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                Possibly.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't worry, g.o.d.. Her part will be cut even further.

PS: You might want to edit that post. It's not nice to talk about one of FH's favorite characters on her birthday

Comment

kill Teyla and bring back Fran. She did more in ten minutes that Teyla in four seasons
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                      I'm stunned by all the people who think this opens the door for her to continue on the show.

Am I reading this wrong, or am I right and people are saying
                      Spoiler:
                      that the Atlantis people don't know she's alive, and she's now all "okay, we can go and do our thing now that they think we're dead" or whatever? That to me doesn't set her up for more episodes. It sets her up to be out there roaming around the universe doing her own thing with the replicators never to be seen or mentioned again. And again, Torri's said she's not been approached for season five.

Maybe she'll get her own spin-off

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                        True, but let me try anyway:

1. Too much stuff packed into a single episode;
                        2. The Apollo and the Daedalus should have been killing Asuran ships throughout the first half of the season, not just this episode;
                        3. Technobabble crapfest;
                        4. No major ethical debate over creating a sentient lifeform, and using it as a weapon;
                        5. One episode the Asurans are the undisputed rulers of PG, the next they're weak little babies who can't defend themselves;
                        6. Asuran homeworld and ships had no proper shielding/drones. WTF!!!
                        7. No Oberoth;
                        8. Deus ex machina solution. *yawn*

In short, everything was too convenient and superficial! Some characters felt OOC, especially Sheppard and McKay. Needless to say, I didn't like what they did to Dr. Weir, nor the amount of screen time she got.

Just to remind you, O'Neill, a chair and a bunch of drones defeated Anubis fleet easily.
                        Have you ever heard USS Make Sh!t Up by Voltaire, I couldn't help thinking of Rodney and Zelenka when I heard it reciently
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        After the hysteria that swept the boards last year when Carson and Weir's fate's were discovered I can see why they want to keep it secret
                        Spoiler:
                        They won't get rid of John or Rodney, so my money's on Ronon, Teyla or Lorne

Comment

on the notion of who could be cut from season 5...I would take a guess that it will be Carter.

They will probably killer her off to make another big bang about a character dying--just to see the fans in an uproar.

Who will replace Sam next season? Hmm, Teyla becomes leader...they tend to wall paper the leader anyways and that way they would have the funds to bring back PM.

might as well rename this show to Stargate return of the Living dead.
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            on the notion of who could be cut from season 5...I would take a guess that it will be Carter.

They will probably killer her off to make another big bang about a character dying--just to see the fans in an uproar.

Who will replace Sam next season? Hmm, Teyla becomes leader...they tend to wall paper the leader anyways and that way they would have the funds to bring back PM.

might as well rename this show to Stargate return of the Living dead.
                            That would be most sweet... One slight problem: Do you really expect anyone to believe the IOA would agree to that? (I know... In real life, the IOA would NEVER agree to a member of the US military being the new leader of Atlantis, but putting Teyla in charge goes a little too far)

Comment

Well, she is a woman which might work against her, and now that the actress is pregnant (or has she had the baby yet?) they won't be able to use her belly (for those lovely shots of her abdomen) for a while.

I vote for Carter because I hate her and would love to see her die, preferably a fast death and off screen, if they only get a two seconds message from the SGC that says "Carter's dead *lulz*" I won't complain, if she just disappears without being mentioned again that would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                Well, she is a woman which might work against her, and now that the actress is pregnant (or has she had the baby yet?) they won't be able to use her belly (for those lovely shots of her abdomen) for a while.
                                From what I've heard, the kid is two months old now and it's a boy. Congratulations, RL

Comment

Working...
                                X