Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One would think it would be quite cold on a spaceship. Maybe her lack of warm clothing is how TPTB convey her extreme toughness?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      I agree. What was that in Sunday? People! Stop! Thinking! Stop! Shpping! Them! With! Other! People! Because! They! Are! Having! A! Relationship!

Only I never noticed that "crush" or "chemistry" or "teasing" or "tension" between them. All i noticed was bigger and wiser sister and pouty little brother thing.

*runs before J/T fans get her*
      Oh, I never saw it either. The only reason I mentioned it is we were told about the crush in the commentary for Sunday. Of course we've basically been told Weir died off screen and I don't believe that either.

When it comes to the shipping, the smartest thing they could have done is just give all the characters moments with each other which is basically what they did the first three seasons. No romo's can just say it's friendship and all the other shipper groups can run with whatever they see and everybody goes home happy. But no, they take out Carson and Elizabeth thereby removing numerous ships there and ticking off those groups, then proceed in season 4 to strongly hint at making three ships sort of canon. If they make any of those pairs canon, I think it would be a mistake. Why risk alienating more viewers? Just because my favorite pairing is no longer available to me, doesn't mean I'll settle for second best from what's left when I don't like the pairing to begin with.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        *fires non-pink harpoon at shark*

*misses shark, but...

Spoiler:
        hits SAM instead*

YESSS!
        LMAO!!!!!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Hide under the covers, because if I find you, I'll gel you they way they gel Sheppard before every scene
          Boy I'm so scared my anti socks fell off my feet! Please don't touch my hair! *runs away in fear*

I'm Anti because TPTB have ZERO respect for SGA, its characters and its fans. Atlantis only purpose now is to remind viewers SG-1 is not dead (even if it is).

Backup show. *cough*
          Oh yes. I watched LOTR the other day. Remember how many characters were killed off? But I never got that disrespect vibe I've got from SGA - everything that was done, was done with a purpose - hey I forgot that writing characters off has a purpose on SGA too. Bringing in SG - 1 characters to increase ratings and removing obstacles for a ship that shall remain nameless.

Hang on a minute . Surely you don't blame SAM for what is happening. If you do, I am afraid I will have to ground you .

*lads, BAMSR is coming soon, we need to be fit *
          Oh FFS how could SAM be guilty for any of this? She's there to look pretty with her long hair and bring in the SG - 1 male viewers. Oh wait, that is Keller.

*pulls out her knives and goes target practicing*

I will . I need something to talk about in here . Running out of ANTI comments
          You are? I'm not! Never ever!

Your harpoon is no match for a plot hole
          Oh dear, nothing matches the plot hole. Plot hole ate the show!

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post

*heads off to the snark gym*
          *joins Toaster*

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          Are you all going to fight Larrin?
          Oh my, I am going to fight Larrin. I've got nice set of weapons and my brain washing techniques... in case she has a brain. If nothing works I'll dump her on Antarcica. Without umbrella.

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
          I just want to give her some clothes. They seem to have a low budget for that. Those darn Asurans & Wraiths - always running away with the women folks clothes.
          You just discovered one of Stargate mysteries, what happens to female clothes!! Now we only have to discover why everybody speaks english.

One would think it would be quite cold on a spaceship. Maybe her lack of warm clothing is how TPTB convey her extreme toughness?
          Or lack of healthcare?

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          Oh, I never saw it either. The only reason I mentioned it is we were told about the crush in the commentary for Sunday. Of course we've basically been told Weir died off screen and I don't believe that either.

When it comes to the shipping, the smartest thing they could have done is just give all the characters moments with each other which is basically what they did the first three seasons. No romo's can just say it's friendship and all the other shipper groups can run with whatever they see and everybody goes home happy. But no, they take out Carson and Elizabeth thereby removing numerous ships there and ticking off those groups, then proceed in season 4 to strongly hint at making three ships sort of canon. If they make any of those pairs canon, I think it would be a mistake. Why risk alienating more viewers? Just because my favorite pairing is no longer available to me, doesn't mean I'll settle for second best from what's left when I don't like the pairing to begin with.

Exactly. Oh we're back to serious talk. I'd be happy with that - give shippers their pretty little moments, allow no romos to be happy and peg those to friendship, but nooooooooo, it's we'll tell you how to think and whom to ship after 3 years of trying to please everyone. one would think they prefer one fangroup over the other - that's how i feel about it lately. It's like Weir fans are being told "Sorry guys, you're not cool enough, just like your fav character. We don't need either of you" and that makes me mad. Same with my ship of choice. "What? That can't be done, because it's unprofessional" etc, etc. Oh and the ship that shall remain nameless is more professional?

I won't settle for second best when it comes to pairing. heck, there isn't second best in SGA for me.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Ha, I usually don't pay attention to the laws of physics [unless it's totally dumb/obvious] in SF because for one I detest physics and never want to take a physics course [much rather be cutting sharks and brains open] and two there must be inaccuracies everywhere. Do you have a link? It's sometimes fun to read about ISMP [Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics]

Here you go. It's under "How it should have been". Read the content warnings. PS Chapter 2 is nothing for Sparky shippers

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Now, minor ships - I find that the minor ships are way more plausible than the more popular ones. I am gaining a fondness for Elizabeth/Radek and I have always liked the idea of Carson/Teyla. I think those two compliment each other greatly and I can see it working without the possibility of what you call the Sam/Jack fiasco. [Lucky I never knew what that was.]

There is a Zelenka/Weir shipping thread around here

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Oh, smiley-talk...

I am ANTI because there's no more and there's no more and .

Also anti because of the lack of and too much (yes, even if we hardly saw her).

Anti because & are being pushed into the shadows in favor of & .

And I could go on...
            Second that

Your harpoon is no match for a plot hole
            Pajus: And even that is no match for a lightsaber and an HK series prototype 47 protocol/assassin droid.

HK-47: Objection: Master, 'Assassin droid' is such a crude term, reserved for durasteel drones uploaded with only the most archaic kill-programs. Explanation: When I kill, when I dispatch a target, it is not about wanton slaughter, about body count, it is about finesse, function. Doing more with less. It is art.

*fires non-pink harpoon at shark*

*misses shark, but...

Spoiler:
            hits SAM instead*

YESSS!
            Cool indeed

Or an effort to make her nipples... *non-PG thoughts*
            Last edited by Pajus; 04 January 2008, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              LMAO!!!!!
              I resent that .

SAM rocks everyone else can smell my sock

Comment

I resent that .

SAM rocks everyone else can smell my sock
                *throws pile of stinky socks on Integrabyte*

There you go, enjoy yourself. Smells nice, doesn't it? Not go and play with ptb. Shoooooooooo!

Comment

There you go, enjoy yourself. Smells nice, doesn't it? Not go and play with ptb. Shoooooooooo!
                  Did you consider the possibility that Intergabyte might have a sock fetiche and you've just encouraged him to post more pro-Sam comments?

Comment

Whooops.

Ah that's okay. I can send stinky socks, he doesn't need to spam us about S(p)am.

Comment

Next time when you go for a swim, think of me . If you see a fin in the water, it would cuddle you .

All hail SAM, all hail SAM . Considering how poorly TPTB brought SAM to SGA you should throw those socks on them and not me .

Comment

All hail SAM, all hail SAM . Considering how poorly TPTB brought SAM to SGA you should throw those socks on them and not me .
                        They're already buried under a pile of them

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          They're already buried under a pile of them

It won't hurt another pile , innit?

Comment

Oh I have enough socks to throw them just about everywhere.

And I don't swim.

Guys, the water around here is getting too hot for me. Considering that we just might see Weir being killed off once again - I don't think I can go through that. Consider me gone, at least for some short time. My nevres can't take it.

There you go, Integra. You don't need to scare me off, PTB are doing damn fine job. *sniff*

Comment

Oh I have enough socks to throw them just about everywhere.

And I don't swim.

Guys, the water around here is getting too hot for me. Considering that we just might see Weir being killed off once again - I don't think I can go through that. Consider me gone, at least for some short time. My nevres can't take it.

There you go, Integra. You don't need to scare me off, PTB are doing damn fine job. *sniff*

Keep your knickers on . Why are you so surprised? We knew from First Strike when mommy Weir got a sun tan from that beam that they will kill her off .

Comment

Keep your knickers on . Why are you so surprised? We knew from First Strike when mommy Weir got a sun tan from that beam that they will kill her off .
                                That doesn't make me feel any better. I'm not surprised. I'm just tired.

Comment

Working...
                                X