Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Wow, never knew a gutter could be this dangerous. Though if the nurse resembles a certain psychologist ... by all means... *gets in line*
    hehe okay you win i've run out of inspiring smilies hehehehee
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      Lorne is next

Oh, Grodin, I think that was the only time I got misty eyed watching Atlantis, of course it was in the season of awesome, so I guess that would explain it.
      Definitely had the same reaction. Just couldn't believe they'd actually kill him. Do I sense a pattern? They keep killing off/writing off characters I get attached to.
      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        hehe okay you win i've run out of inspiring smilies hehehehee
        *giggle*

Okay, now I'm off... Goodnight all!!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*giggle*

Okay, now I'm off... Goodnight all!!
          sweet dreams!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            sweet dreams!
            Oh, you betcha...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh, you betcha...
              Spoiler:

Comment

Hey...where did all the episode threads go in the s4 subforum? The only one out is TMC, everything else was relegated to another folder. It's like s4 never happened! Wee!!

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                Sunday in a nutshell.
                Oh no, I didn't even think of that! Sums up the reaction of all the fans of characters who died or were Forded too...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Hey...where did all the episode threads go in the s4 subforum? The only one out is TMC, everything else was relegated to another folder. It's like s4 never happened! Wee!!

ahhh a girl can dream
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    Everyone has a right to read and/or post in this thread. If I see something I want to reply to, I have every right as a member of this forum to do so. As do you in the pro thread.
                    See below...

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                    Is the title for an episode seriously "the Trio"? BLEH! the trio I liked used to be Sheppard/Weir/McKay, I wonder which group of characters with no chemistry between themselves whatsoever will they try to shove down our throats now.
                    Trio is the episode I'm looking forward to the least in the second half. Now + + all stuck together somewhere would have been priceless to me. Ah well.

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                    I have my concerns and complaints and misgivings from time to time about aspects of the show... I don't post them in here because I know they're not welcome because I'm not considered an anti. I'm glad Briangate feels comfortable enough to post his anti thoughts in here despite not being 100% anti.
                    This is exactly how I feel...about posting in the pro thread.
                    sigpic
                    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                      Trio is the episode I'm looking forward to the least in the second half. Now + + all stuck together somewhere would have been priceless to me. Ah well.
                      I SO would have loved to see that. OMG that right there would have been the best episode ever. Imagine the possibilities that tptb couldn't.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I SO would have loved to see that. OMG that right there would have been the best episode ever. Imagine the possibilities that tptb couldn't.
                        Oh, I'm imagining....

Makes me anti all over again since we won't even get small moments with the three of them in the back half of season 4.
                        sigpic
                        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                          My theory on the thread police who keep visiting the antis is that if they truly, honestly had confidence in season four, they wouldn't care what is said here. The fact that they always come in here, looking for things to report kind of screams "OMG! If TPTB see what the antis have written, they might realise they're right!"

Do I like the anti Weir people? No. Do I lurk in their thread? No, I don't want to see the kind of venom I know certain people in there spew about Torri and Elizabeth.

Simple as that. You don't want to see it, don't go in there.
                          Because the Anti's are right I don't visit the Pro S4 thread [because honestly I think it would be boring] and the anti-Carson and anti-Weir thread [because I might get rally upset. I get upset easily.] And the ProCarter thread. For reasons known.

Unless it is Sheppard/Ronon/Rodney or some other mixture of the REAL SGA characters, but I'm sure this is just another chance for tptb to try to force some new combination on us to try to make people love Keller or Carter-Sue, because they're oh-so-awesome and everyone MUST lurve them.
                          Because TP loves them, and if they must love them we must love them too! Seriously. It made me want to puke when Gero objectively implied something along the lines of 'You'll love her no matter what your feelings were for Beckett.' Pfft. I like JS but not on SGA, though I don't mind her but dont care for her either. Besides in my opinion Carson is smarter, cuter, and better in general.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                          I think it's about now that I come in with "If you think 2 million viewers is reason to celebrate, then you won't like the fact that Dr Who's xmas ep got 12 million, and it wasn't the most watched show" When an episode of Stargate gets 12 million viewers then we can say it's the best evah!!!.
                          I learned a long time ago not to bother with the ratings.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          When season 4 started, I thought they were going to "pull a Lam" with Keller.. My mistake! She's everywhere. I don't understand why she isn't in the opening credits. I didn't watch most of s4, but I have a feeling she's getting more screen time than Teyla, isn't she?
                          I was surprised at that too. I think TP should forget about 'new characters you will love and be very excited about' and focus on the characters already created with less screentime. Which is pretty much every body except John and Rodney. (No worries, I love them too and they are two of my favourites.)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          It is unfortunate that you feel that way. I am well known here as being more pro than anti. I joke about it and they tease me but I have never felt unwelcome. In fact I think the posters here, even the most anti of the anti, are among the most accepting fans on the whole forum. When I think they are getting too negative or when they start attacking Sheppard I either back away or speak up. Noone has ever redded me or even told me to stuff it. I'm sure they would do the same with you if you care to stay around and experience the love.
                          Nice to know I'm not the only 100 percent here, and that we are welcome too =]

Sheppard and McKay are the safest characters...they might come close to dying but they will never die. They are the immortal characters. Lucky for everybody who's favorite they are.
                          Actually I don't think so. They are more safe than the other TRUE characters but I can see Shep going 'missing' *cough*. I think Carter is the only safe one, and while Rodney is rather safe if the TP really want to push 'character development' I can see him getting injured and needing replacement/bionic parts. Not like a Replicater. Like a milder version of Darth Vader. Think mechanical appendages and a patch over one of his eyes. And then he shall become a terminator or something. heh.

So yeah, Carter is definately safe because TP love her too much. I'm hopeful she'll die but then again that's not going to happen.

Ain't that the truth, there is a HUGE difference between having your favorite character die in a well planned and executed arc, and having them shodily written off without tptb actually having the guts to try to write a decent storyline (and to top it off, having someone casually mention the fact that your favorite character was killed OFF SCREEN).
                          *cough*explodingtumour*cough*realweirisdead* I don't trust RepliKeller though. Still the outlook not looking good

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                          In order for the former to happen, TPTB would have to actually plan out what they want to do with the characters. They've openly admitted that they don't have a show bible. Don't know where the characters came from, don't know where they're going. Hell of a way to run a show.
                          Atlantis really needs new management, TP are overconfident ... They should hire some fans that know what fans want.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                            That would be the best thing ever! I love how in Season one and to a smaller extent in seasons 2 and 3 Weir, McKay and Shep had this sort of 'triad of evil'. [Okay, not evil, but you get the point

Comment

Wow, never knew a gutter could be this dangerous. Though if the nurse resembles a certain psychologist ... by all means... *gets in line*
                              You should be glad you weren't in my brain...

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                              Definitely had the same reaction. Just couldn't believe they'd actually kill him. Do I sense a pattern? They keep killing off/writing off characters I get attached to.
                              Does that mean Sheppard will be killed? If so, you know my opinion (court martial + firing squad)

That would require TPTB to turn their brains on and start actively using them

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              Atlantis really needs new management, TP are overconfident ... They should hire some fans that know what fans want.
                              They might hire people, who would look for good fanfictions on the internet and the contact their authors, offering them cooperation to turn the idea of the story into a script. That would be one way to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                                Well I'm not spinning anything. Just providing facts.
                                That's what they all say

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                                They might hire people, who would look for good fanfictions on the internet and the contact their authors, offering them cooperation to turn the idea of the story into a script. That would be one way to do it
                                Oh God, can you put up with all the fluffy romance between Weir and Sheppard, but on the plus side at least we'd get to see smut and a decent storyline

Comment

Working...
                                X