Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    I am not a fan of Ford, but I still didn't think he didn't contribute to the overall aspect of the show. Like you said, he had a sense of innocence, and did provide a nice buddy repertoire between McKay/Sheppard. I think the time they decided to take him out was exactly when he was coming into his own. I remember thinking back then, well they're just going to find a cure for him. No way were they getting rid of Ford. I was wrong obviously.

I just hope I am not similarly wrong with Weir.
    FOORRRDDDDDDD!!!!! I was *shocked* when I found out he wasn't coming back, because he had finally started getting something. Letters from Pegasus, people who else would have been as cute as him doing the whole video diaries. Yes I was mad but I was willing to let it go, because it had been ONE season and I wasn't as attached to the characters as I was by the end of s3. So yeah, I'm not going to let the Elizabeth thing go. I understand changing things around after the first season not after 3 seasons.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

You don't know what you're missing until it's gone.

I wasn't as attached the characters in season 1 either, but now that I've seen the season again I realize I do miss Ford in a way for all the reasons I mentioned.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        I am not trying to be a jerk here. I'm just trying to show you that DVR is being counted and is important to the network. That's all.
        dude you are never going to convince me they extra days are important or every show out there would be talking about them

i never once heard them mentioned in any of my other fandoms

it just comes across as the desperate act of a few, or else ... if it was more important and more readily excepted across all the genre's then well maybe i could take it more serious, but right now it only seems important to stargate and those desperate to prove its doing well
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I liked Ford because (pre-enzyme) he was a normal military guy. Not a MENSA-worthy can-pilot-anything flyboy, not a genius scientist, not an alien leader of a whole group of people, not one of the Earth's premiere diplomats with the US pres's backing, not a exceptional doctor AND genetic scientist. I thought that having more of a normal, realistic character was a nice change from SG1 (exceptional military guy, exceptional archaeologist guy, exceptional scientist gal, exceptional alien strongman).

And then TPTB went and replaced normal Ford with...an abnormally strong fighter type. Bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            In your opinion. I have seen season 1 again as well, and I think Ford had an innocence about him, that none of the other characters possessed. He was untouched, pure in a way. He had a childish curiosity and yet he was at the same time a responsible young officer.

Unfortunately he suffered from bad writing and an infliction called "being ignored for we have no clue what to do with you". That same infliction was caught by Weir, and she is going to go the same way as Ford. Four episode, never to be heard of or seen again. And no amount of optimism will be able to cure her from it.
            i still say i would have loved ford and ronon together hehe i can see ronon adopting little brother ford and then both of them terrorizing my beloved shep hehe
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I guess all SGA members have to have supah phowers otherwise you get get written out.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              i still say i would have loved ford and ronon together hehe i can see ronon adopting little brother ford and then both of them terrorizing my beloved shep hehe
              OMG YES. That would have been awesome. Rodney would get a break.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                I guess all SGA members have to have supah phowers otherwise you get get written out.

see we have pro thoughts in the anti threads hehe
                Spoiler:

Comment

This may be why
                  Spoiler:
                  Katie could die in Quarantine. Misting ferns ain't exactly a superpower.

Heightmeyer didn't have a superpower. Grodin didn't have one either either. I still like Grodin more than Chuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    This may be why
                    Spoiler:
                    Katie could die in Quarantine. Misting ferns ain't exactly a superpower.

Heightmeyer didn't have a superpower. Grodin didn't have one either either. I still like Grodin more than Chuck.
                    Lorne is next

Oh, Grodin, I think that was the only time I got misty eyed watching Atlantis, of course it was in the season of awesome, so I guess that would explain it.
                    sigpic

Comment

i liked grodin he was a good egg... at least they gave him a decent death
                      Spoiler:

Comment

Oh my goddess, imagine the misschief those two could do all over the city.

I was just thinking the same thing after reading through Toaster's post.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        Heightmeyer didn't have a superpower.
                        Yes, she did. She managed to turn me into a puddle of goo every single time.

But I guess that doesn't really count...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh my goddess, imagine the misschief those two could do all over the city.
                          darn i would have killed for an episode or 2 like that

Yes, she did. She managed to turn me into a puddle of goo every single time.

But I guess that doesn't really count...
                          AWWWWWWWWWWW (((HUGS)))
                          Spoiler:

Comment

i liked grodin he was a good egg... at least they gave him a decent death
                            True, they don't even know how to kill characters anymore.

She managed to turn me into a puddle of goo every single time.
                            Spoiler:

*waits*
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              True, they don't even know how to kill characters anymore.
                              ain't that the truth!..how you been mcbarr?

Spoiler:

*waits*
                              wow never seen that pic before she looks great there!
                              Spoiler:

Comment

ain't that the truth!..how you been mcbarr?
                                Verrry Anti!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X