Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    If Sheppard gets killed off, you guys better have a spot for me on the couch there. I don't think I could handle two of my favorite characters gone, lol.
    Sheppard and McKay are the safest characters...they might come close to dying but they will never die. They are the immortal characters. Lucky for everybody who's favorite they are.

Tough luck if they're just characters to you, and you have to watch every week how your own favorite characters are slowly being neglected and pushed into the dark side of the stage and out of the limelight.
    I just watched Trinity -> Guess who got the most wordcount and screentime?
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Sheppard and McKay are the safest characters...they might come close to dying but they will never die. They are the immortal characters. Lucky for everybody who's favorite they are.

Tough luck if they're just characters to you, and you have to watch every week how your own favorite characters are slowly being neglected and pushed into the dark side of the stage and out of the limelight.
      I just watched Trinity -> Guess who got the most wordcount and screentime?
      Trinity... Yeah! That was the Rodney/John husband-to-husband banter

Comment

BTW, nice Shark, is Sheppard going to be eaten?
        That depends . We will find out later on in the Season . Briangate78, our couch is far from being full

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Trinity... Yeah! That was the Rodney/John husband-to-husband banter
          Yeah, it is.

Comment

Brian, have you ever thought about going into politics, you're the best spin doctor since Alistar Darling

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
              Brian, have you ever thought about going into politics, you're the best spin doctor since Alistar Darling
              Well I'm not spinning anything. Just providing facts.
              sigpic

Comment

*I* like Rodney. Or better, David Hewlett. So I shloudn´t complain. But I do.
                I like his friendship with Sheppard...in S1. I liked development of his character...in S1. What they have done to him in last two years was terrible. Whinning, complaining, and Sheppard the flyboy was always just like "oh, I know it, shut up McKay, I made a Menza test, I know how this works"...with few minutes later "McKay, it doesn´t work, you screwed up."
                So, no, I would change all the screentime he gets for proper development, even with lesser screentime.
                They tried to do it in S4, and it seems to work with McKay. With *slight* problem. It´s not McKay at all. I want back McKay from S1, I want all of them from S1 back. I never liked Teyla even in S1, but she was at least useful and they tried to write for her some story. They tried it this year but we haven´t seen her since Missing and she is falling into becoming a wallpaper again.
                I think they try to "develop" Sheppard, but...it seems to me that he is still without any depth and the more they try to do something with him the more is this "emptiness" obvious. It´s nothing against his character or his fans, I am just trying to say that their effort to write him "darker" (or what) makes more damage than good.
                And the more they try to write Teyla, Ronon, make Carter look like a leader, to fill place after Carson by young hot doctor, the worse it is.

Everything they try to "fix" in S4 is worse than ever.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Isn't that something politicians say all the time?

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                  You know what they say -> Don't try to fix what ain't broken in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                    And the way he makes it sound real is just amazing... You should really try politics

I think they try to "develop" Sheppard, but...it seems to me that he is still without any depth and the more they try to do something with him the more is this "emptiness" obvious. It´s nothing against his character or his fans, I am just trying to say that their effort to write him "darker" (or what) makes more damage than good.
                    Not to mention that it made my personal list of charges against him A LOT longer

Yeah

Comment

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2007/12/24...s-dec-3-9/2215

SGA had about a 25% increase, but because they only had just over 2 million viewers they did not make the list with the other cable network shows.
                      Thanks for the link, Brian! Finally found the ratings for The Closer Christmas two-parter. P.S.: Don't give a flying **** about the lame SGA-1 ratings, in comparison.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

You know what they say -> Don't try to fix what ain't broken in the first place.
                        I like this one too:

You break it, you own it, you fix it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                          I like this one too:

Good one!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                            I like this one too:

See I agree. Why remove Weir if it is not going to add anything. Removing Ford was the smartest move they made so that worked in the plus way. I was just watching some season one eps. Man, he was awful.
                            sigpic

Comment

See I agree. Why remove Weir if it is not going to add anything. Removing Ford was the smartest move they made so that worked in the plus way. I was just watching some season one eps. Man, he was awful.
                              In your opinion. I have seen season 1 again as well, and I think Ford had an innocence about him, that none of the other characters possessed. He was untouched, pure in a way. He had a childish curiosity and yet he was at the same time a responsible young officer.

Unfortunately he suffered from bad writing and an infliction called "being ignored for we have no clue what to do with you". That same infliction was caught by Weir, and she is going to go the same way as Ford. Four episode, never to be heard of or seen again. And no amount of optimism will be able to cure her from it.

Comment

In your opinion. I have seen season 1 again as well, and I think Ford had an innocence about him, that none of the other characters possessed. He was untouched, pure in a way. He had a childish curiosity and yet he was at the same time a responsible young officer.

Unfortunately he suffered from bad writing and an infliction called "being ignored for we have no clue what to do with you". That same infliction was caught by Weir, and she is going to go the same way as Ford. Four episode, never to be heard of or seen again. And no amount of optimism will be able to cure her from it.
                                I am not a fan of Ford, but I still didn't think he didn't contribute to the overall aspect of the show. Like you said, he had a sense of innocence, and did provide a nice buddy repertoire between McKay/Sheppard. I think the time they decided to take him out was exactly when he was coming into his own. I remember thinking back then, well they're just going to find a cure for him. No way were they getting rid of Ford. I was wrong obviously.

I just hope I am not similarly wrong with Weir.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X