Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Only if you want to be mocked.
    He has a way of being funny about things everyone else takes seriously. And SGA characters look accordingly in S4

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Pretty scary, actually. I guess I'm a good actress. Torri is a real class act, isn't she?
      You're scary? Naah, i don't believe that. But Torri really has class and while her reply was respectful and dignified ... one can easily read between the lines. And that's the precise issue that bugs me. She practically said that PTB consider AT more worthy than her. I'm pissed. pissed pissed pissed.
      Last edited by TameFarrar; 27 December 2007, 06:07 PM. Reason: Just inserting that the words above are the posters NOT Torri Higginson's
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        Money, it would have cost them more to settle Amanda Tapping's contract
        That's not actually the case - TPTB didn't have to keep AT on for the remaining years of her contract (or pay her some kind of settlement if they chose not to use her, as has been suggested at various times); they had an option on her contract to use her if they chose to, and they chose to.

While I'm here, something more topical.. what would you say is your least favourite episode of Season 4 so far and why?

Mine is probably Missing... although it wasn't awful, it's the only one I've yet to bother rewatching. I know a lot of people had issues with Keller in this episode but her reactions didn't bother me too much and I felt they were in character for her character (if that makes any sense) but I simply found that Teyla and Keller alone were really not enough to hold my interest. I enjoy Teyla as part of the team but on her own... or with just Keller... I'm afraid I found her a little... *meh*.
        sigpic

Comment

It depends on how you ask the question. You mock him, he'll mock you back. I've never seen him be anything but respectful to those that are respectful to him when asking questions.

So, i'm still here, hmmm okay people, time to kick me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
            Might be a good question for Joe Mallozzi's blog
            Not sure I wanna visit that blog anytime soon, unless I feel like punishing myself for something, not an option atm. Someone else can do it. lol And Killdeer is right.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Exactly. He would never answer that with anything that isn't mockery.
              Too bad I can't sic HK-47 on him. He would teach JM the true meaning of the word 'mockery'

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              You're scary? Naah, i don't believe that. But Torri really has class and while her reply was respectful and dignified ... one can easily read between the lines. And that's the precise issue that bugs me. She practically said that PTB consider AT more worthy than her. I'm pissed. pissed pissed pissed.
              Personally I think Torri did a lot of wonderful work with what TPTBs wrote for her and It's a shame her character got screwed like this. The life of an actor is the one of great uncertainty and most of them have to take whatever jobs they can get, but I wouldn't wonder if Torri refused to be in S5 should TPTBs approach her

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
              That's not actually the case - TPTB didn't have to keep AT on for the remaining years of her contract (or pay her some kind of settlement if they chose not to use her, as has been suggested at various times); they had an option on her contract to use her if they chose to, and they chose to.

While I'm here, something more topical.. what would you say is your least favourite episode of Season 4 so far and why?

Mine is probably Missing... although it wasn't awful, it's the only one I've yet to bother rewatching. I know a lot of people had issues with Keller in this episode but her reactions didn't bother me too much and I felt they were in character for her character (if that makes any sense) but I simply found that Teyla and Keller alone were really not enough to hold my interest. I enjoy Teyla as part of the team but on her own... or with just Keller... I'm afraid I found her a little... *meh*.
              We had that discussion 10 hours ago, but why not. Doppelganger, Lifeline (I think I even showed you where TPTBs got the idea for the Asuran warship design) and Travellers (should be renamed to Travesty)

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                Of course, it was their grand plan to improve the ratings, why else would she be promoting all of the episodes and take Torri's place on the opening credits in the very first episode? Hmmm, the change and the way it was done was just a little too obvious. To me it's a pretty clear message about who's important and who's dispensable. That bothers me.

But we know how well the ratings - plan worked. Not even Carter can save them.

Comment

We had that discussion 10 hours ago, but why not. Doppelganger, Lifeline (I think I even showed you where TPTBs got the idea for the Asuran warship design) and Travellers (should be renamed to Travesty)
                  Amen to that. A travesty it is.

Comment

Are we back to the worst episodes? I still say Adrift and Travelers for the same reasons as I stated before (and can be read in my review of the first half of S4).
                    Signed,

Gregorius
                    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Ooorah! Semper Fi.
                      What is that all about? Is it a famous battle or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        What is that all about? Is it a famous battle or something?
                        I think it's short for 'Semper fidelis' and it means something like 'Always loyal'. And I think it's the motto of the USMC

Comment

Ooorah! Semper Fi.

Pretty scary, actually. I guess I'm a good actress. Torri is a real class act, isn't she?

If you read JM's blog, you know that upsetting the fandom is a hobby of his.
                          Oh yes, I know, one of the reasons I "like" him so much. lol

Torri is a class act, agreed. She's still as gracefull and respectful as she's always been, even after how they treated her and what she believes is the reason they got rid of her. *bows* Also, JM could learn a thing or two from her, for example how fans are supposed to be treated.
                          Last edited by Celcool; 27 December 2007, 01:41 PM.
                          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I think it's short for 'Semper fidelis' and it means something like 'Always loyal'. And I think it's the motto of the USMC
                            Ah right, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                              Are we back to the worst episodes? I still say Adrift and Travelers for the same reasons as I stated before (and can be read in my review of the first half of S4).
                              We moved on Greg. The ladies are arguing about Shep's hair in the wrong place .

Comment

There is nothing to argue about The Hair. It's perfect, it can survive any weather and any condition known to the universe. It's indestructable.

I wish I had that hair gel.

And now on the more anti note, who here is happy to see Michael back?
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X