Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Somewhat on topic: even my sister lost her interest in SGA, found out today that she's no longer watching it and she isn't a rabid Liz fan either, she's more of a casual viewer, isn't part of the fandom like I am. We used to watch it together, it was one of the few shows that we both liked. We tend to always like different things. Well, one more viewer lost (not that TPTB care)!
    At last, a post on topic. I consulted my casual viewer son over the holiday. He said he doesn't think S4 is worse, it's just not any better or different. Carter is just a different actress playing the same role. He tivo's it and watches when he gets around to it, but has gone from looking forward to it to really meh. He still doesn't think Weir is dead or gone from the show because I'm not acting upset enough. He hates spoilers, so I just grin at him while my blood boils.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Okay, now you've done it. I would love to know where you get your knowledge of the US military. Can we leave the bashing to SGA please? I don't want to have to send my Marine to find you. Do you realize that some Americans don't appreciate this sort of talk? Please stop. I haven't heard any of us criticize your military.
      Sorry about that. I just read what the North American antis wrote and made a conclusion. I guess the Marines are different.

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      I'd love to get the cast and writers of Atlantis in the hands of a British RSM (Regimental Sergent Major) and see the outcome *Evilgrin* I got chewed out by one once (I'm a civilian) When he stopped yelling at me (for having dirty shoes) one of the Sergents I worked with jumped in and explained that I was a civilian he did apologise and then told me to clean my shoes, it's one of those things I got used to in the end, being bawled at.
      Yeah, yeah... Dirty shoes... That's the classic. I bet he wanted to put you on toilet scrubbing duty for a week or two

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Honestly this is one of reasons why I could never work for military. Never ever.
        It was part and parcel of doing it, plus the uniforms were the same so it was an honest to God mistake on his part

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
        Sorry about that. I just read what the North American antis wrote and made a conclusion. I guess the Marines are different.
        there is a PM on it's way in reply because I will be banned for ever if I post my reply here

Yeah, yeah... Dirty shoes... That's the classic. I bet he wanted to put you on toilet scrubbing duty for a week or two
        Something like that yeah

Comment

At last, a post on topic. I consulted my casual viewer son over the holiday. He said he doesn't think S4 is worse, it's just not any better or different. Carter is just a different actress playing the same role. He tivo's it and watches when he gets around to it, but has gone from looking forward to it to really meh. He still doesn't think Weir is dead or gone from the show because I'm not acting upset enough. He hates spoilers, so I just grin at him while my blood boils.
          We can say the same about the ratings. So can someone tell me what exactly was the point of the cast changes?
          Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
          at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

We can say the same about the ratings. So can someone tell me what was the point of the cast changes?
            Maybe TPTBs like Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite more than Torri Higginson and Paul McGillion. Maybe The latter two did something to upset them... That's something we'll never know

Comment

We can say the same about the ratings. So can someone tell me what exactly was the point of the cast changes?
              Money, it would have cost them more to settle Amanda Tapping's contract

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                Money, it would have cost them more to settle Amanda Tapping's contract
                Does the same hold true for Jewel Staite? (I still think they should've introduced her as a jumper technician - under Zelenka)

Comment

Gosh I can picture this... i wonder what is like knowing you in person!

Hmmm the point of cast changes? Go read Torri's last interview and pay attention to her comment about being loyal to SG - 1 people. Notw *that* made my blood boil.
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

These dreams of yours... How often do you have them?
                    Quite often actually, sometimes they're great, sometimes they're bad, like the time I read Pet Cematary and dreamed Pascow visited me and took me to the cematary, or when I read The Shinning and dreamed of Jack chasing me around trying to kill me with a hatchet.
                    Didn't JF let somebody touch his hair at a con? You need to buy a ticket and make your dream a reality. LOL.
                    I want to go to a con sometime, it's one of those fandom activities I really want to partake in, problem is right now I'm too busy with my studies, I'd have to take the time to get my visa and then make the travel plans, etc. There is always something, I wish I could be one of those people that just pack their suitcase and are done, but I think things through too much.

Comment

Maybe TPTBs like Amanda Tapping and Jewel Staite more than Torri Higginson and Paul McGillion. Maybe The latter two did something to upset them... That's something we'll never know
                      The first is a dumb reason and I don't think the second one is what happened, plus both have nothing to do with the actual show, the plots. Whatever the reasons, the fact is that it wasn't executed well and it didn't bring them the results they must've been hoping for. So, I ask again, why? Was it worth upsetting the fandom (and Paul and Torri), maybe to JM but I, for one, don't think it was.

Comment

Hmmm the point of cast changes? Go read Torri's last interview and pay attention to her comment about being loyal to SG - 1 people. Notw *that* made my blood boil.
                        Man, that sucked! Everything SG-1 is worth more to them. argh

Comment

The first is a dumb reason and I don't think the second one is what happened, plus both have nothing to do with the actual show, the plots. Whatever the reasons, the fact is that it wasn't executed well and it didn't bring them the results they must've been hoping for. So, I ask again, why? Was it worth upsetting the fandom (and Paul and Torri), maybe to JM but I, for one, don't think it was.
                          Might be a good question for Joe Mallozzi's blog

Comment

Might be a good question for Joe Mallozzi's blog
                            Only if you want to be mocked.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

Ooorah! Semper Fi.

Gosh I can picture this... i wonder what is like knowing you in person!

Pretty scary, actually. I guess I'm a good actress. Torri is a real class act, isn't she?

If you read JM's blog, you know that upsetting the fandom is a hobby of his.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                                Only if you want to be mocked.
                                Exactly. He would never answer that with anything that isn't mockery.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X