Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
    I am sorry, but I can not repeat what was said, as it bothers me infinitely. Maybe some of the other nice folks here would oblige.

As for the TPTB -- well, they write & direct the show, they can & will say whatever they want. Don't believe everything you hear. Make your own conclusions.
    I found the post in question.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    I guess I'm still watching the show to see whether Sheppard gets court martialled (god knows there are more than enough reasons already) or not
    I have a feeling you get very upset with this. If something makes you that upset, due to some personal experience, maybe not watching it would make it better? I survived a war. I saw grouse things and survived them and I can't stand war movies. I don't watch them. They hit too close to home.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      That was part of it. I think that was the first episode that I really really missed Carson in. Keller was just so flat and monotone through the whole thing - that irritated me. Um...the gate control crystal thing bugged me for some reason. That they couldn't use the puddlejumper DHD didn't make sense - it was like, since when? I must have missed some relatively obsure point of Stargate tech trivia, because I always thought the only way to disable a gate was to bury it. Is the Atlantis gate special somehow and I missed it? The whole search for Teyla thing also fell flat - at the end I was like - they went through all of this to find her, just so she could tell Rodney to push the Enter key? That was a major letdown.
      okay that right there is why you didn't like it as much as me (not that i liked it all that much either)

i can't even remember the plot... i just remember the shep whump parts LOL
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        okay that right there is why you didn't like it as much as me (not that i liked it all that much either)

i can't even remember the plot... i just remember the shep whump parts LOL

Once a whumper, always a whumper.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          I have a feeling you get very upset with this. If something makes you that upset, due to some personal experience, maybe not watching it would make it better? I survived a war. I saw grouse things and survived them and I can't stand war movies. I don't watch them. They hit too close to home.
          ((hugs))

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Once a whumper, always a whumper.
          hehe ain't that the truth hehe .. i truly only remember the parts
          Spoiler:
          where shep couldn't remember and the part where he got shot .. and him in bed...

was there more to it then that?
          obviously season 4 has memorable plots hehe
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

((hugs))
            Thank you hon'. I'm okay.

Comment

hehe ain't that the truth hehe .. i truly only remember the parts
              Spoiler:
              where shep couldn't remember and the part where he got shot .. and him in bed...

was there more to it then that?
              You're making me almost want to watch the episode, mmmm! whumping. *drool*

Comment

Thank you hon'. I'm okay.
                and for that i am glad ((hugs again cause))
                Spoiler:

Comment

I found the post in question.

Pajus: *hugs*

HK-47: *hugs*

Comment

Thank you, Pajus.

But let's get back to anti fun - guys I think we need another manip. (Where is FH???) Or an anti video. I might do one.

Comment

Thank you, Pajus.

But let's get back to anti fun - guys I think we need another manip. (Where is FH???) Or an anti video. I might do one.

....or a new SGA episode

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                        *waves*

Yep, I know maybe I shouldn't be here, but I will stay on topic after i've said this.

*puts on her announcer voice*

Please, for those wishing to partake in tomato throwing, can you save it until i'm done. Thanking you.

I was an Air Force brat for 22 years and have worked with the Army, Navy, and Air Force for going on 13 years. I know people who are exactly like Sheppard, so for me the writing of Sheppard is not that far off. So I guess it does depend on your experience and where you sit on the fence with things doesn't it. If you don't like someone to begin with, where can you possibly go from there? And for the record the only person I never liked on SGA was Ford, now there was a young man who didn't belong (sorry) and he certainly wasn't worthy as 2IC.

On topic. See, I can do on topic on occasions. There have been elements in S4 that i've whinged about, namely in the M&M discussion and the discussion threads, specifically Rodney's behaviour in M&M,
                        Spoiler:
                        since when does an agent allow a civvy (unarmed I might add) to go to a place without backup and to kick down the door?
                        It irked me!

Ok i'm done!

You may now commence tomato throwing. Thank you.

*takes a bow*
                        Bout time some of you Shep fangirls showed up in here. I've been trying to be good and ignore all the bashing of my boy because after all, it is the anti thread. But I think all this is just too anti for me. I've always wondered about military types who can't stand to see fictionalized characters that are less than squared away. Some of them even bothered me when my husband was in the Marines and they were just too rigid to be able to relax and enjoy a movie or TV show. Yeah, I can see it if it's your profession, but this is Science Fiction which by its very nature is quirky. And I also have known a few soldiers sailors airmen and Marines who are a bit like Shep which to my way of thinking makes them more human. Taken in order as I watched with my Marine by my side the sloppy salute made us laugh, bad even for the Air Force, the sloppy posture goes unnoticed What do you do with an actor who's a surfer? Get a big ugly DI to yell in his face before each scene?, the sloppy uniform ditto, and as for the insubordination, the cowboy tactics and the rest, I see those as just part of his charm.

And no, I have never said what I really think about the character of Teyla for example because I know most people like her and some would just think my opinion is ship related. Maybe it is but the dislike of her came first. Now let's not start an anti-character war because some of us have sharp knives hidden in unexpected places.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                        It's a fictional TV show, whose TPTBs take great pride in its realism.

PS: Please send me a PM containing the things Shep's fangirls were supposed to do (Sounds like it's going to be funny)
                        I respect your right to an opinion, but perhaps you should think about the first part of the sentence in bold. And when did they emphasize reality? I missed that. If I want reality I turn on the Food Network. That Paula Deen is something.

Sorry if you think we're all piling on, but some things get some of us a tad feisty.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Bout time some of you Shep fangirls showed up in here. I've been trying to be good and ignore all the bashing of my boy because after all, it is the anti thread. But I think all this is just too anti for me. I've always wondered about military types who can't stand to see fictionalized characters that are less than squared away. Some of them even bothered me when my husband was in the Marines and they were just too rigid to be able to relax and enjoy a movie or TV show. Yeah, I can see it if it's your profession, but this is Science Fiction which by its very nature is quirky. And I also have known a few soldiers sailors airmen and Marines who are a bit like Shep which to my way of thinking makes them more human. Taken in order as I watched with my Marine by my side the sloppy salute made us laugh, bad even for the Air Force, the sloppy posture goes unnoticed What do you do with an actor who's a surfer? Get a big ugly DI to yell in his face before each scene?, the sloppy uniform ditto, and as for the insubordination, the cowboy tactics and the rest, I see those as just part of his charm.

And no, I have never said what I really think about the character of Teyla for example because I know most people like her and some would just think my opinion is ship related. Maybe it is but the dislike of her came first. Now let's not start an anti-character war because some of us have sharp knives hidden in unexpected places.

I respect your right to an opinion, but perhaps you should think about the first part of the sentence in bold. And when did they emphasize reality? I missed that. If I want reality I turn on the Food Network. That Paula Deen is something.

Sorry if you think we're all piling on, but some things get some of us a tad feisty.

Could you lasses take the Shep convo to the hairdresser ?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                            Now I'm gonna get rotten tomatoes in my face. I think the hair is the best thing about S4. Sorry for OT, I know this is an anti thread. *runs away*

Comment

Inte!! The hair is sacred! *damn I wish I had Listy's hair poster* But then i'd be way OT, then i'd get modded, i'd cry, it wouldn't be pretty! Besides it would ruin my reputation as a bad ass.

SR Sorry hon, I try not to wade in where possible as it may seem a bit OT, but there are times when I would like to say stuff. I know so unlike me to keep my mouth shut. In reality guys and I don't mean this to come off as being nasty or trollish. Sometimes even when people have concerns or want to grumble about certain parts in eps, you do make it........ how can I put this, sometimes make people feel unwelcomed. Whether it's the atmosphere or just the 'zone' I don't know. It just sometimes feel very angry.

Sorry, I am going now.

Comment

....or a new SGA episode
                                i see that episode and raise it to 'a good sga episode' that has yet to happen in season 4

Now I'm gonna get rotten tomatoes in my face. I think the hair is the best thing about S4. Sorry for OT, I know this is an anti thread. *runs away*
                                *snicker*

i'm anti haircuts! lol
                                poor shep
                                poor ronon and his beautiful dreds
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X