Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    I am wonderful but Greg is the little trouble maker
    I am not. I like to think I'm a valued contributor to this thread with my serious posts, which are usually the longer ones.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      But you can always hope. I think he'll be very pissed-off that he's not the one in charge
      Not gonna happen, Carter is perfect and everyone loves her on sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        I've never paid attention to the accuracy of ship designs on sci-fi, all I care about is that they look pretty, but I guess it's got something to do with your area of expertise, because the way in which tptb write the political aspects made me cringe sometimes.
        A lot of things make me cringe in the world of SG and television in general. Especially the way they love to oversimplify things in a black and white view.

On a related topic I liked the design of the Daedalus, that might have had something to do with it looking like the SDF-1 from Robotech, I've always wondered if they got 'inspiration' from it.
        It doesn't look that much like the SDF-1, and besides the SDF-1 is so much cooler than the Daedalus.
        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          I am not. I like to think I'm a valued contributor to this thread with my serious posts, which are usually the longer ones.
          We need quality not quantity . That was such a TPTB phrase . We'd like to think we have the best season yet, but we have to make up these ridiculous plots.

*You know I love you Greg * Please don't start, there is no gay reference in there

*why do I have the feeling I will regret for posting this *

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
            We need quality not quantity . That was such a TPTB phrase . We'd like to think we have the best season yet, but we have to make up these ridiculous plots.
            All my posts have a base level far above the average poster on GW. As for the TPTB reference, I'm not like that nor do I value quantity over quality so I don't get where you got that idea from.

*You know I love you Greg * Please don't start, there is no gay reference in there
            First you want me to dress up as Jane and now you're saying this. How did that old saying go again? One time is an incident, two times is coincidence?

*why do I have the feeling I will regret for posting this *
            Because you fear me?

As to not completely go off-topic: I really hope that in BAMSR they will finally have decent space battles because the other "battles" have seriously been dissapointing.
            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

It doesn't look that much like the SDF-1, and besides the SDF-1 is so much cooler than the Daedalus.
              The SDF-1 could turn into a giant robot, nothing compares to that, but I do think they look similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                Spoiler:

I've never paid attention to the accuracy of ship designs on sci-fi, all I care about is that they look pretty, but I guess it's got something to do with your area of expertise, because the way in which tptb write the political aspects made me cringe sometimes.

But it's happened with other shows to, and I just remind myself that if I want to enrich my intellect then I should turn the t.v off and go read a book, or watch an educational channel.

On a related topic I liked the design of the Daedalus, that might have had something to do with it looking like the SDF-1 from Robotech, I've always wondered if they got 'inspiration' from it.

Spoiler:

SDF-1

Daedalus
                Talking about 'inspirations':

Asuran warship (SGA episodes Lifeline, This Mortal Coil):
                Spoiler:

SSD Lucifer (Conflict Freespace):
                Spoiler:

Comment

Hell.

As for the submarine lay-out, I wonder why so little SciFi shows have taken it up?
                  Probably because no-ones thought of it, you know how sci-fi writers like to copy other people

And if he did he would have to be suspended and that would make an interesting few episodes.
                  please please please I'm begging on my knees here for Sheppard to get what he deserves
                  Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                  You seemed to have a rather skewed view of Shep. I know what my sig proclaims, but I am not blind to faults in all character in the show including Shep. I do not see how anyone can label him the way it's been portrayed in this thread.
                  Probably because me and Pajus have been involved with various parts of the military and we spit nails when we see what a sloppy soldier Sheppard is and Sheppard bashing is always fun as is Carter bashing, Keller Bashing, Weir bashing, we've all been guilty of bashing someone's favourite character so don't take it personally

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post

Probably because me and Pajus have been involved with various parts of the military and we spit nails when we see what a sloppy soldier Sheppard is and Sheppard bashing is always fun as is Carter bashing, Keller Bashing, Weir bashing, we've all been guilty of bashing someone's favourite character so don't take it personally
                    This is also a fictional show. Last time I checked there weren't any Wraith running around. My problem is that I get a sense of hatred, not a mere displeasure for how a role is written/played. Think back to statements made about what fangirls should do to him. I am not taking this personally, because it's a fictional character. I am merely questioning it.
                    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                      This is also a fictional show. Last time I checked there weren't any Wraith running around. My problem is that I get a sense of hatred, not a mere displeasure for how a role is written/played. Think back to statements made about what fangirls should do to him. I am not taking this personally, because it's a fictional character. I am merely questioning it.
                      Have you ever seen Sharpe and Soldier Soldier, they are also fictional shows but the writers and producers actually bothered to do reserch, Richard Sharpe is a fictional character, he's flawed, he's a ladykiller, he's not a proper officer (A Gentleman, Sharpe is set during the Penninsular Wars where officers only came from the upper classes) Richard Sharpe is everything that Sheppard is suppposed to be but is not due to bad writing.
                      Soldier Soldier was also fictional but also real enough to have the British Army hooked, the sole topic of converstaion on a wednesday morning in the Army kitchen I worked in was the previous nights Soldier Soldier, the main characters Dave and Donna Tucker and their mate Paddy Garvey were all so realistic that everyone knew a 'Dave and Donna' in their Garrison. That is what is lacking in Atlantis, that little bit of realism (Yes I know it's sci fi and nothing is real) that let's you know that the writers have cared enough to actually go out to an army base and observe the daily life. As for Sheppard yes I don't like him and I never will, I'm sure there's a character that you don't like and have posted a few cheap shots when someone's gushed about how wonderful they are, that's what makes this thread interesting, we're not lemmings that follow the crowd

Comment

I've been running around with an AK-47 on my back, crawling in the mud (+rain +wind), I've got chewed on, yelled at, ... for six months. Then I come back home and see Sheppard getting away with things that got me thrown into the brig a few times. If that won't make you want to puke, you've got more self-control than I do

Comment

Have you ever seen Sharpe and Soldier Soldier, they are also fictional shows but the writers and producers actually bothered to do reserch, Richard Sharpe is a fictional character, he's flawed, he's a ladykiller, he's not a proper officer (A Gentleman, Sharpe is set during the Penninsular Wars where officers only came from the upper classes) Richard Sharpe is everything that Sheppard is suppposed to be but is not due to bad writing.
                          Soldier Soldier was also fictional but also real enough to have the British Army hooked, the sole topic of converstaion on a wednesday morning in the Army kitchen I worked in was the previous nights Soldier Soldier, the main characters Dave and Donna Tucker and their mate Paddy Garvey were all so realistic that everyone knew a 'Dave and Donna' in their Garrison. That is what is lacking in Atlantis, that little bit of realism (Yes I know it's sci fi and nothing is real) that let's you know that the writers have cared enough to actually go out to an army base and observe the daily life. As for Sheppard yes I don't like him and I never will, I'm sure there's a character that you don't like and have posted a few cheap shots when someone's gushed about how wonderful they are, that's what makes this thread interesting, we're not lemmings that follow the crowd
                          Not in that context no. I have said, how Keller bothers me with her always surprised look and the way she delivers her line. I would not even dream of suggesting Keller fangirl/boys should do what was suggested of Shep's fans.
                          Anyway, the show you mentioned, I've never watched. If I want accuracy, if I want to learn ... I go turn on the Discovery channel or pull a book or do research some other way. I never took SG - any form of that franchise to be the next best show. It's not that caliber. Never will be.
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            I've been running around with an AK-47 on my back, crawling in the mud (+rain +wind), I've got chewed on, yelled at, ... for six months. Then I come back home and see Sheppard getting away with things that got me thrown into the brig a few times. If that won't make you want to puke, you've got more self-control than I do
                            Pardon me once more for pointing out the fictional part. Never take movies/tv shows to accurately portray RL. Maybe I am watching it wrong. Maybe I should always look & learn about RL on TV?

*edited to add* sorry for going OT here & above.
                            sig made by me

Comment

*waves*

Yep, I know maybe I shouldn't be here, but I will stay on topic after i've said this.

*puts on her announcer voice*

Please, for those wishing to partake in tomato throwing, can you save it until i'm done. Thanking you.

I was an Air Force brat for 22 years and have worked with the Army, Navy, and Air Force for going on 13 years. I know people who are exactly like Sheppard, so for me the writing of Sheppard is not that far off. So I guess it does depend on your experience and where you sit on the fence with things doesn't it. If you don't like someone to begin with, where can you possibly go from there? And for the record the only person I never liked on SGA was Ford, now there was a young man who didn't belong (sorry) and he certainly wasn't worthy as 2IC.

On topic. See, I can do on topic on occasions. There have been elements in S4 that i've whinged about, namely in the M&M discussion and the discussion threads, specifically Rodney's behaviour in M&M,
                              Spoiler:
                              since when does an agent allow a civvy (unarmed I might add) to go to a place without backup and to kick down the door?
                              It irked me!

Ok i'm done!

You may now commence tomato throwing. Thank you.

*takes a bow*

Comment

So you've been in military and you can't help yourself viewing all Stargate military characters through your own professional lens? I guess I could do the same and say, eh, how unwise Heightmeier acted in Duet or The Gift (don't throw things at me FH.) Professionally, hypnotizing Teyla over and over and over after they saw the effect of that was highly unprofessional and unethical. Same goes for Duet, because Kate couldn't know what could happen if Laura took over Rodney's body. Professional ethics says you're not allowed to do things with your patients that could harm them, or perform procedures you made up on spot and don't know how will they affect a person. Depending on what other people do for life we could keep to cut every single character apart.

You said yourself that character isn't what he's supposed to be due to bad writing. I partially agree because I see lot more potential in him, as well in other characters of this show and like justhere said, things you're mentioning border with hatred and that confuses me. Why do you *hate* fictional character? Sure I bashed aspects of the show and other characters (mainly Carter), but I don't hate her. I do respect your opinion and I don't think all of us should share mind, like Borg or behave like group of lemmings but some posts here disturb me.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X