Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
    The back is only big because it has the f302's attached to it. they could put them on the bottom and top instead of the sides, but that wouldn't overcome the supposed problem of the weapons not having a large arc. Who is to say they don't have Asgard weapons on the back? And plus they have the new improved railguns which have a pretty good arc of fire.

The thrusters on the front are beneath the 'narrow bit'. You can see them between the hangars here. And here. And we don't know how thick the hull is. We have seen the ship take multiple Wraith blasts while unshielded and survive.

I personally don't see what is so bad about them. They obviously do their job well as only one has been destroyed in the run of the class so far, despite the fact that they have gotten into loads of 'situations' and are usually out-numbered or face stronger opponents. They look good, at least that was the general concesus of everyone who cared when the design was first seen on screen. The show ain't a documentary, it's entertainment.

EDIT:

Just checked the BAMSR promo on the Stargate MGM site, and there is an Asgard laser on the underside of the 'narrow bit', so it does have a wider firing arc.
    And how many of the voters were engineers, soldiers or designers?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Yes, they were. FUBAR indeed.
    What does FUBAR stand for? (PM if not PG, please)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
      ....another hint here PTB's, admit you're copying another show/movie and your viewers will respect you a bit more

...or realise there is no point watching because you cannot create something original.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        I can't recall SG1 having a season so bad. Why can't they put some effort in it? I mean GW was full with threads about that Larin girl and how amazing she is on the set and how much fun they are having,bla,bla,bla,bla. Before I saw the episode I said, okay,this sounds fun, they are introducing a new character, new race, lots of things can happen. 5 minutes after they introduced her, I was like, jinkies, where is my shovel? I need to smack someone!
        And look who's in BAMSR! YEY!

Comment

...or realise there is no point watching because you cannot create something original.
          True. I think it works for DW because sometimes something will be a reference to the Old Series (Like bringing back old enemies) which is appreciated by someone like me and is a new experience for the new viewers
          bringing back an enemy that is only 5 years old is not going to be an experience for anyone, except maybe a 'Oh look the (insert enemy of your choice) are back, again'

Comment

Having guys seen the new strategy to attract viewers?

Beginning January 11, 2008, viewers of Stargate Atlantis will receive a "gate code" which, when registered at the contest Web site, will enter the user into a contest that will put the winner's image or likeness into the video game.
            Every code you enter is another chance to win, and the codes will only be shown during viewings of the new first-run episodes of Stargate Atlantis's fourth season, airing Friday nights on SCI FI Channel in the U.S.

If you can't create good episodes, try manipulating your audience

Comment

Its SCI-FI mate, that is a pretty good excuse for not consulting engineers. If you want accurate things, take a look at how it works and megastructures on discovery. This is not really an ANTI argument .
              It really is a good argument. Why is it that shows like B5, Firefly, Star Wars and BSG have credible ship designs while SG doesn't?

Also, if I want accurate things I just have to open my textbooks or walk around the university campus.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                It really is a good argument. Why is it that shows like B5, Firefly, Star Wars and BSG have credible ship designs while SG doesn't?

Also, if I want accurate things I just have to open my textbooks or walk around the university campus.
                Greg, you are looking for something that is not there. There is no rule of thumb in Sci-Fi that states ships need to have credible designs. Lucas hired a team of aerospace engineers for his ships. Take SW out of there because it is not a low budget series . BSG, if you see Exodus part II, you will see that there are some kinks with Galactica they need to straighten out. Either way, we are wandering off topic. SCI-Fi is a genre that allows flexibility. I used to be very critical about these things in TV SERIES but nobody actually cares as long as they see bang boom crash and fantastic stories ...and I study aerospace
                Last edited by Integrabyte; 27 December 2007, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post

or I can always start using my brain
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                    whats the worst episode of season 4?
                    There you go, something I can be anti about:

Travelers. I was very dissapointed, because I had expected it to be great. Obviously it wasn't. For me anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      There you go, something I can be anti about:

Travelers. I was very dissapointed, because I had expected it to be great. Obviously it wasn't. For me anyways.
                      Most of us feel that way because it is a youtube style rip off for Prometheus Unbound but with Aurora ships and SGA crew .

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        It's something called "group thinking" - when you're surrounded with people who think the same way you do, your views and opinions only get reinforced. If everyone is in agreement, the mutual feeling of being correct is only strengthened, and it's usually useful, while having group discussions and making group decisions to have one member of the group to play "the devil's advocate" and question everything - that's a good way to discover flaws in the plan.
                        I'm well aware of "Group-thinking" and the idiocy it usually promotes...
                        Signed,

Gregorius
                        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Most of us feel that way because it is a youtube style rip off for Prometheus Unbound but with Aurora ships and SGA crew .
                          and Larrin isn't interesting character like Vala
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            and Larrin isn't interesting character like Vala
                            I stand corrected and may I add...not as funny and good looking?

*guess she should give keller some pointers on how to dress, behave ...and be . *

Keller reminds me of

Spoiler:
                            gonads
                            every time I see her

Comment

I stand corrected and may I add...not as funny and good looking?
                              funny? No
                              good looking? Yes
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                funny? No
                                good looking? Yes
                                Spoiler:
                                Next time when you watch SG1 with Vala, stop watching it with the mute button on

Comment

Working...
                                X