Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That's up to TPTB's, I'm afraid.
    Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Should an anti go to the pro thread and express a wish that next year all pro's become anti's? It would seem rude to them, I'm sure, as I find your post. Sorry but it seems to me you often mistake this thread for a pro one. This is meant to be expressed in a polite tone just to be clear.
    Well I see where you are coming from, actually. Sorry if I offended you, I just figured wishing something good for someone was better than wishing something bad for someone.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      I'd love to see that too. Like Missing with no Whining baby
      Teyla all alone... But they would probably screw it up. Maybe I should write it myself.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
        To quote a famous Australian movie "tell him he's dreaming".

If anything, overly happy pros telling us all is wonderful and the ratings are great is likely to make us even more annoyed, and therefore more anti.

For me to be pro, Carter would have to die a slow and painful death. That's all it would take.
        Had Carter been a real person, it would be a solvable problem

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          I dunno I think a lot of folks here might enjoy the 2nd half. Well I hope so, cannot hurt by hoping someone will enjoy something.
          I think there is frankly NOTHING everyone would like more.....it just ain't going to happen. Every episode I've gone into thinking this is it, this is the episode that's going to make me enjoy Stargate Atlantis and yes maybe even make me see the changes have been worth while, and every episode I am disappointed. I am disappointed in being promised action, character development and storyline and well, I'm not sure what we've gotten, truthfully the first half of the season has been a mess, going from decent episodes (Tabula Rasa) to scraping the bottom of the barrel (Missing) and back again. Keller is a joke and I'm still waiting to see the point of Carter (don't get me wrong I'm not pro or anti Carter at this juncture - I just know nothing about the character) and don't get me started on 'Teyla centric'. If that's how they focus on a character I would hate to see how they marginalise a character (other than the obvious). I've heard a lot of people - a fair few of them pro's I might add - say not to worry, that the second half of the season is going to be action packed and much better than the first. Two points, firstly, I distinctly remember being promised that the WHOLE season would be like that and secondly, not good enough. Why would I tune in again if the first half of the season has been to put it politely a damp squib? I want to be entertained throughout the season not just in the last couple of episodes. Quite simply I don't want to be Anti, I just don't see any reason to be Pro.

Comment

Teyla all alone... But they would probably screw it up. Maybe I should write it myself.
            THat's what fanfictions and your own creativity are good for... Do you still have the link to the story about Heightmeyer being an evil psycho?

Comment

I can be your beta tester

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                To quote a famous Australian movie "tell him he's dreaming".

If anything, overly happy pros telling us all is wonderful and the ratings are great is likely to make us even more annoyed, and therefore more anti.

For me to be pro, Carter would have to die a slow and painful death. That's all it would take.
                Yeah, maybe he should stop trying to convert us, there's always gotta be one of those around here... *sigh*

I wouldn't mind if the part I bolded happened. I don't want only SGA characters dying, what do I care about characters from a show I don't watch.
                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Should an anti go to the pro thread and express a wish that next year all pro's become anti's? It would seem rude to them, I'm sure, as I find your post. Sorry but it seems to me you often mistake this thread for a pro one. This is meant to be expressed in a polite tone just to be clear.
                  Eh? Whenever I'm here I hear 'there will soon be loads more antis!' Before the season started I even heard 'The pros are about to see how wrong they are!'.

Oh, but wait. You say it in the anti thread and not to our faces, so it must be perfectly fine!

I've heard Anti's talk a number of times about how wrong they think we are, but I realise it can work both ways, and so I don't speak up. But you aren't SERIOUSLY going to start playing victim, are you? Come on Celcool, you and I both know you give as good as you get.

Comment

Yeah, maybe he should stop trying to convert us, there's always gotta be one of those around here... *sigh*
                    Bingo!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      Bingo!

It takes skill to have BINGO

Comment

Well I see where you are coming from, actually. Sorry if I offended you, I just figured wishing something good for someone was better than wishing something bad for someone.
                        How can I say this... if there's no Elizabeth, than there's no way I can become pro and I don't consider being pro without Elizabeth to be "good" for me. So I don't consider that to be wishing something good, for me. Anyway, I don't think this particular wish of yours will ever come true, TPTB have ruined the show beyond repair, I don't see how things can go back to the way they were, the AU-s4 can't be erased, only in my mind it can.

Comment

How can I say this... if there's no Elizabeth, than there's no way I can become pro and I don't consider being pro without Elizabeth to be "good" for me. So I don't consider that to be wishing something good, for me. Anyway, I don't think this particular wish of yours will ever come true, TPTB have ruined the show beyond repair, I don't see how things can go back to the way they were, the AU-s4 can't be erased, only in my mind it can.
                          If they have Weir for recurring or even Full-time next season, I will treat all of you to dinner in NYC!
                          sigpic

Comment

I dunno I think a lot of folks here might enjoy the 2nd half. Well I hope so, cannot hurt by hoping someone will enjoy something.
                            For that to happen I would have to watch the show, with Carter in it there is not chance, if tptb kill the damn useless Carter-Sue and I might give a thought to probably watching, maybe.

Comment

I'd love to be pro, because I think the majority of the actors deserve support, however I'm not going to support a guy like JM who's all "Well, I wasn't showrunner when they killed Beckett, and he's my mommy's favourite character, so I'll bring him back. But you Weir fans? Screw you! I wanted her gone!"

The double standard there is unbelievable. Obviously someone who was in charge before saw fit to get rid of Beckett. JM"s decided anything that went before his season in charge doesn't exist, or isn't good enough to stand so he's all "Lalalalala" fingers in his ears "I can't hear you!"

As for people provoking others, I don't know about you guys, but I don't recall hearing anything about anti people going into the pro thread and telling them they should be anti. I don't recall anyone being condecending enough to tell them that they'll be anti once the second half starts.

It's one thing to say it in your own thread. And SGFerrit (the animals's a Ferret by the way.. not a Ferrit. That's one thing that's always annoyed the crap out of me) saying something here is hardly saying it behind anyone's back. We all know you lurk. We're just being civil and saying it where it belongs, instead of taking it into your thread. Maybe some of you pros should learn a lesson from that.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                                Eh? Whenever I'm here I hear 'there will soon be loads more antis!' Before the season started I even heard 'The pros are about to see how wrong they are!'.

Oh, but wait. You say it in the anti thread and not to our faces, so it must be perfectly fine!

I've heard Anti's talk a number of times about how wrong they think we are, but I realise it can work both ways, and so I don't speak up. But you aren't SERIOUSLY going to start playing victim, are you? Come on Celcool, you and I both know you give as good as you get.
                                I never hijack the pro threads like you and others do the anti thread, baiting us like you're doing now. I shouldn't even be responding. And please don't put words in my mouth without any proof, I'd appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X