Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, back on anti-sorta-topic...

I loved SG-1. Seasons 1-7 and a bit of s8. But s9&10 I couldn't stand. I can't stand the Vala character and sadly my interest faded when RDA left.

The one thing that drew me to SGA was the promise of something diffferent than SG-1. No longer only a four member team going to planets, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble and going back home. SGA was meant to be as a show with more characters that are drawn in the show, unlike Gen. Hammond. I liked that the expedition was run by a civilian and it wasn't only military with a splaterring of scientist. Also, the new villains were great.

And now...

...not a civilian run expedition, Wraith became practically nonexistent and stupid, the great Genii villain who had potential killed off in a pathetic comedy-slash-western-slash-scifi episode...

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post

I loved SG-1. Seasons 1-7 and a bit of s8. But s9&10 I couldn't stand. I can't stand the Vala character and sadly my interest faded when RDA left.

The one thing that drew me to SGA was the promise of something diffferent than SG-1. No longer only a four member team going to planets, getting into trouble, getting out of trouble and going back home. SGA was meant to be as a show with more characters that are drawn in the show, unlike Gen. Hammond. I liked that the expedition was run by a civilian and it wasn't only military with a splaterring of scientist. Also, the new villains were great.

And now...

...not a civilian run expedition, Wraith became practically nonexistent and stupid, the great Genii villain who had potential killed off in a pathetic comedy-slash-western-slash-scifi episode...

They bit more than they could chew...

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
        They bit more than they could chew...
        LOL, I think you summed up my rant perfectly.

Comment

LOL, I think you summed up my rant perfectly.

*blush*

I remember when the SGA crew was asked if the Wraith from Common Ground will be seen again. They said they had no idea. Now S4 is all about him .

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            I have no hope for the new series at all
            if i dare to try and like it... they will just destroy it anyways
            That's exactly what I'm afraid of as well. It's sad really.

And now...

I'm gonna green you if I can, but if I can't then know that I completely agree here.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I will only buy it if I think it's worth buying, and when it's released in region 2. If I don't think it's worth its money, then I won't be spending it.

That's my reasoning behind lots of things that I download. I want to have a trial run first. I don't like it, won't spend money on it. I do, and you'll find me racing to the local DVD/CD-shop to get a copy.
              Yep, that's my reasons behind it too, as for the new movie, I can't be a$$ed series 10 put me right off SG-1

Comment

I am unsually angry today so I wrote to
                "Mallozzi and Mullie as show runners. What do we think now?" and I will simply repost it here because it´s hard to write what I think and to write it twice

I looked forward to this season, even that I was unhappy with Carter there. I expected story-arc, some character development for all characters...Mallozzi promised and promised and....I am disappointed. This isn´t Atlantis I knew and loved.
                In TMC, I realized how much I miss Elizabeth and her chemistry with all other characters.
                I miss her, I miss Carson. The only good thing they have done so far is normal writing of McKay. From this reason, I don´t like Lifeline because him and Sheppard both acted horribly there.

The rest...they have no command, Carter isn´t there even when she should be (but Amanda makes invitation to every episode-cheap promotional trick), Keller has more photos than all other characters together, when Zelenka, who is there for four years now, doesn´t have promo photos and his own episode.

The stories are weird, dull, there isn´t enough of any character. They tried to write Teyla, only to prove that the damage at her character was done and can´t be reversed. Sheppard and McKay are not Sheppard and McKay at all.
                No story-arc. Or do they call *this* story arc? Whole first half of season was so confusing that I have no idea what the main story is. And the reason isn´t that there would be few story-arcs. They just randomly wrote something, without bothering to connect it with anything.

We have war, and we don´t see it. Only three, four sentences in some episode isn´t enough for me.

As I said, I appreciate how they write McKay and how they try to develop his friendship with Sheppard and they really had few nice moments together. But some more McKay/Teyla, Ronon/Sheppard, Ronon/McKay relationship? Nothing.

And Carter? She doesn´t have any chemistry with anyone. She is barely there and when she is, I can´t feel her connection with anybody. I didn´t want her to humiliate McKay. But totally forget their previous relationship? Her friendly attitude with Sheppard? Where is some conflict? Where is some conflict between her and Ronon that started in Reunion? Nothing. Big, pointless nothing.

I guess I can´t blame Mallozzi and Mullie for this (even that Mullie still thinks that he writes comedy instead of sci-fi). They were courageous enough to get from usual way of writing. But after ten years of SG1 it is hard to get elsewhere and be new. They might have tried to get few new writers, with fresh ideas. That would be big step.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Klenotka: well, well, well, looks like I was right whne I said it's gonna be worse and worse
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, I wrote the same to Czech forums recently, if you have seen it . I still refuse to judge something I haven´t seen but I have to say that I am really disappointed so far. But I disagree with you about S3, which was very good imo. Not perfect, S1 of SGA will stay the best and it probably won´t change if they keep writing like this. But there was Elizabeth and Carson and they even didn´t try to force us some Teyla´s backstory when is obvious that there is no point in that.
                    I liked the interaction between characters and it was just *that* Atlantis. This is only some skeleton of the former Atlantis, I am afraid.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

I can't green you, Klenotka, but I agree with everything.

Unfortunately, it didn't have to come down to this. Fandom is being split up and that can't be good for any show.

Comment

I can't green you, Klenotka, but I agree with everything.

Unfortunately, it didn't have to come down to this. Fandom is being split up and that can't be good for any show.
                        You are so right. That is the very thing that is happening over on the PM/JM showrunners thread. Completely opposite views. I am very puzzled and getting more so by the day. I alternate from wanting to go away and never post in this forum again to wanting to write letters to everybody I can think of. And I am fed up to there with being told not to worry about what others think. This used to be a fun fandom. We all did not agree but we all loved the show. Now the most worrisome thing is that the showrunners are only listening to those who agree with them. You don't have to do what I say but at least give me credit for making intelligent statements and wanting what is best for the show as a whole.

There is no answer IMHO. But we all just have to keep saying what we think, not attack others who disagree and see what happens.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          You are so right. That is the very thing that is happening over on the PM/JM showrunners thread. Completely opposite views. I am very puzzled and getting more so by the day. I alternate from wanting to go away and never post in this forum again to wanting to write letters to everybody I can think of. And I am fed up to there with being told not to worry about what others think. This used to be a fun fandom. We all did not agree but we all loved the show. Now the most worrisome thing is that the showrunners are only listening to those who agree with them. You don't have to do what I say but at least give me credit for making intelligent statements and wanting what is best for the show as a whole.
                          I wouldn't worry too much about that. IMHO, there will soon be noone they could listen to.

What I don't like about the writing in particular is that the major events are done in the 'by the way' way.

Sheppard: Oh and by the way: There is a war going on betweent the Wraith and the Replicators
                          Teyla: Oh and by the way: I'm pregnant
                          Repli-Keller: Oh and by the way: Elizabeth was killed by Oberoth

This stinks more than MY socks

Comment

And now...

ITA agree with you on all this. They had a good start, and got scared of actually having to use their brain & creating new stories.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              I alternate from wanting to go away and never post in this forum again to wanting to write letters to everybody I can think of. And I am fed up to there with being told not to worry about what others think. This used to be a fun fandom. We all did not agree but we all loved the show. Now the most worrisome thing is that the showrunners are only listening to those who agree with them.
                              GADS! BIG GIANT GREEN FOR THAT!
                              I used to check this board every five minute now i'm lucky if i check it every couple of days... slowly weening myself off it all together

I tried to fight for the cause, i tried to say what i felt was important... but when the mods and tptb start calling you names.. i'm sorry but thats over the top.

this is not the show or the fandom i once loved.. sure there were always arguments and disagreements but it was never this bad....

and soon the only place i was having fun will be gone to... and there is not a damned thing i can do about it...other then accept getting insulted by the mods and the others...which will only increase once season 4 is over

I miss my show and i miss my fandom.. and i don't care if i'm pouting
                              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

On the subject of completely opposite views:
                                It might be because there is so much crap on the telly these days that even SGA stands above it and when compared to those shows. I think that when you combined this with the idiom "beggars can't be chosers" you can conclude that because of all the crap and because of the lack of quality almost everywhere people have lowered their standards and expectations. This is a common response, the level of quality has lowered so in order to keep up the bar by which quality is meassured is lowered.

Also in some ways the telly has dumbed people down and, especially in the lower classes of society (Neg me for this if you want but we do have a class based society but with the possibility of social mobility, PM me if you didn't get this and want more information), people have lost their ability to think critically because they're used that the media decides for them what is important and they can't seem to be bothered to concentrate anymore. If you look around you can see it everywhere in the world and it's why politicians can do whatever they want as long as they have good one-liners to pull in the voters and align the media at their side.

Lets face it, anti's are people who think critically and thus are by default a minority and since TV is made for the common denominator we're screwed. We can complain all we want but if the writers start making stories that are even a tiny bit above the common denominator people will lose interest especially if the PTB refuse to use clips to refer to events that happened before and they more complex stories aren't sugar coated with no-attention required episodes.
                                Signed,

Gregorius
                                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Working...
                                X