Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dana View Post
    And if it's not? Don't shoot me, that's a valid question.
    And if it's not I'll be posting on here with you folks about it.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      The Stargate Universe to me had really only one believable death, and it was not even a main character. Do you know I am referring to?
      Either Frasier, Martouf, Kawalsky or Lt. Elliot?

Don't get me wrong, I watched Sunday and thought it was believable until I read he was coming back. I'm glad he is coming back and I just hope the story and reasoning is done well, ya know?
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        Pro people will say: "He's back! Why are you complaining?!"
        *facepalm* My personal opinion is that once someone is dead on a show, let them be dead. I don't care much about his return, I'd rather have someone else returning.

Comment

Well nielsen actually knows how many people live in each nielsen household and how many males and females they are and how old everyone is. That is how they get the key demos. I believe they update every year. They likely give a phone call.
          This is how it's done. The Peoplemeter is attached to the set and electronically knows what channel is on. There is a remote that comes with the Peoplemeter. Each member of the household has a designated button on the remote where Nielsen knows their gender and age. When they are watching they "punch in". When they stop watching, they punch out. There's even extra buttons for visitors to the home who come in to watch with you but don't live there. The Peoplemeter is installed by a technician who finds out all about the household's composition and sets it all up for them and instructs them on what they are supposed to do.

Comment

Well I personally don't think the ratings are crappy, they just did not really go anywhere from Season 3.5! To me they are good, but could be a tad better on the live end. Will Carson's return change this? Who knows.
            See i think thats part of why i feel so peeved these changes and new direction were all done to improve ratings from what ive read on JM's blog and interviews none of the actors themselves were taking leave or asking for reduced time etc. so to have the whole thing turned on its head and see no significant increase in ratings esp now they get to add on the dvr on top which from what i can tell wasnt added to season 3 and before just feels well annoying/depressing

i wish you were able to give me some of your squee, for i would love to have embraced this season as you have. just nothing i try is working and it only seems to be getting worse. every spoiler i see fills me with dread. i didnt think weir was used well in her 3 eps. so much more could have been done in that time. the thought of how the writters are planning the whole carson thing fills me with despair that could very well blow up in there faces and make no fans happy at all. as much as i am no longer a fan of the show (this season) i still would like it to continue for the actors/fans sake and worry that the writters will push sections of fans even harder and they will loose out totaly in the end.

did i mention i need you to lend me some squee ???
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

*facepalm* My personal opinion is that once someone is dead on a show, let them be dead. I don't care much about his return, I'd rather have someone else returning.
              I have to agree. Every time a character is killed and brought back, the show loses credibility.
              sigpic

Comment

I have to agree. Every time a character is killed and brought back, the show loses credibility.
                what credibility
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                  See i think thats part of why i feel so peeved these changes and new direction were all done to improve ratings from what ive read on JM's blog and interviews none of the actors themselves were taking leave or asking for reduced time etc. so to have the whole thing turned on its head and see no significant increase in ratings esp now they get to add on the dvr on top which from what i can tell wasnt added to season 3 and before just feels well annoying/depressing

i wish you were able to give me some of your squee, for i would love to have embraced this season as you have. just nothing i try is working and it only seems to be getting worse. every spoiler i see fills me with dread. i didnt think weir was used well in her 3 eps. so much more could have been done in that time. the thought of how the writters are planning the whole carson thing fills me with despair that could very well blow up in there faces and make no fans happy at all. as much as i am no longer a fan of the show (this season) i still would like it to continue for the actors/fans sake and worry that the writters will push sections of fans even harder and they will loose out totaly in the end.

did i mention i need you to lend me some squee ???
                  I know how you feel, stclare. I feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    Either Frasier, Martouf, Kawalsky or Lt. Elliot?
                    Frasier. That was a really well done episode.

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                    This is how it's done. The Peoplemeter is attached to the set and electronically knows what channel is on. There is a remote that comes with the Peoplemeter. Each member of the household has a designated button on the remote where Nielsen knows their gender and age. When they are watching they "punch in". When they stop watching, they punch out. There's even extra buttons for visitors to the home who come in to watch with you but don't live there. The Peoplemeter is installed by a technician who finds out all about the household's composition and sets it all up for them and instructs them on what they are supposed to do.
                    LOL, peoplemeter. I have to find out if anyone on my block is a nielsen family and watch SGA with them.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      what credibility
                      Good question. Maybe they should just stop killing characters.
                      sigpic

Comment

Frasier. That was a really well done episode.
                        Not my favourite ep, it was a bit of a "We tricked you!" in the end. Personally I find the death of Lt. Elliot to be more touching. As for the death of Martouf, it was done quite well and back in those days it even gave Sam a bit of character development...

As for killing off people on Atlantis, could they please let the dead be? Just follow the example Joss Whedon set in Angel S1 by killing Doyle, the character died and remained dead, and it had a significant impact on the other characters...

One can only wish that would happen in SGA ...
                        Signed,

Gregorius
                        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Re bringing people back from the dead, it seems some of you feel it's kind of a lame plot device. But if it brought back your favorite character (and many people seem anti because their favorite was eliminated), would you approve then? My favorite character in SG1 was Daniel, but even I got a little tired of them bringing him back....
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            Re bringing people back from the dead, it seems some of you feel it's kind of a lame plot device. But if it brought back your favorite character (and many people seem anti because their favorite was eliminated), would you approve then? My favorite character in SG1 was Daniel, but even I got a little tired of them bringing him back....
                            Dr. Weir is not really dead, is she?
                            sigpic

Comment

Blimey you lot don't half talk a lot I was only way for a couple of hours

To quote from Babylon 5:
                              Marcus Cole: You know, um… I used to think that it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe.
                              I remember that piece from Marcus and I remember thinking how true it was at the time

Because SciFi lacks good shows so they keep the ones they have alive. It might even be possible that SciFi will pick up the "The 4400" and give it another season or so, although I'm against it considering what happens to shows on SciFi, since SciFi desperately needs good shows.
                              Here's hoping

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Okay, all us international peeps....

Country + SGA or SG1 + which season are you at? + when?

Belgium - gotten all of SG1 - currently showing season 3 of Atlantis (next episode = Common Ground) - Sundays at 6pm.
                              UK - SG-1 all 10 series now finished but repeated every day on Sky One with a marathon set for Xmas Eve. SGA currently on the 4th, about 2 or 3 eps behind the American's.

Amusing, you actually think people watch the commercials? From what I can recall commercials are "treat refill time" and/or "toilet time" and/or "drinks refill time". Then again, like a lot of people, I rarely see commercials these days since I either watch the shows on the public channels (government sponsored), like the BBC, where there are either no commercials or only commercials between shows or I download the show so I don't have to watch the commercials. And I'm not alone since most people that record a show simply skip the commercials.

Anyway, the "adding more viewers to the ratings" is flawed. Nielsen's systems are outdated since they fail to take into account downloads.
                              In our house the adverts are used for that too, get another drink/use loo/check on various things/get more snacks. If I'm watching the Sky+ I put the ff button to good use, the sound goes off if we're watching something and don't have to do the above

Question to Brian...does multiple viewing on DVR count? Like, I DVR the ep, watch it the next day, then rewatch it sometime after on DVR because there's nothing on TV?
                              I've wondered that because we do a lot of rewatching, I know my daughter does
                              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              So, it's not because Atlantis has good stories, or because of the characters... No, it got renewed because people watch for the commercials!

The story & characters serve the commercials.
                              Or because it's written by Canadians who aren't part of the Writers Guild so the strike doesn't affect them

Comment

Because SciFi lacks good shows so they keep the ones they have alive. It might even be possible that SciFi will pick up the "The 4400" and give it another season or so, although I'm against it considering what happens to shows on SciFi, since SciFi desperately needs good shows.
                                Personally, I think the writers' strike is playing an important role in SGA-1's renewal. The show is crappy, but it's safe. Does that make any sense? I also think MGM made a lot of concessions to Skiffy/NBC in order to get that season 5.
                                Yup, very sucky reasons, ones nothing to do with what matters, the quality and the viewership. M&M's should thank god every day they got this out of the blue, had absolutely nothing to do with what they've contributed to the show, cuz if it had then there would be no season 5.
                                Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                                at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Working...
                                X