Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Well my specualtion is Carson will be back full-time or recurring, and we may see Weir in some guest spots. As per Carter she may likely get a 10/20 episode deal. She doesn't need to be in every episode. What would make me a very happy puppy dog, is having both Weir and Carter in a shared role, but I'll have a better chance of winning my state lottery. Yeah , I am very optomistic but I have to draw the line somewhere.
    LOL, yes you are. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Carter regular...after all there won't be any movies to film (I guess) and AT will have more time...I'm glad for Carson fans. A lot. But why kill him just to bring him back again? I know it wasn't the same writer who decided to kill him off and bring him back but still? Admitting they only wanted to shake things up and boost ratings backfired with 1.1.

Comment

Yeah I liked Adria a lot also. Thank goodness that girl grew up quickly.

hëll yeah
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
        not me i cant stand sg1 so referencing sg1 as a yard stick for sga makes me want to not watch the show even more.

they are meant to be different i thought? haveing seen this season so far i have gone from not that bad to being completly peeved that it has changed so much and not just cast changes.

i watched sga because it was not sg1 and from the spoilers and comments ive seen it looks like season 5 will be jam packed with sg1 crossovers.

ill watch till the end because its car crash tv for me but unless the season takes a different road or there is a swing back to the likes of season 1-3 with the charcters and relashionships that kept me glued there for 3 seasons im done.

i only wish id known about this whole reset and cast change before i booked my peg 3 tickets, that was a bad move on my part i hope no one asks me what i think of season 4 they will not like the answer i give.

and yes im in a bad mood tonight so harsher comments than normal but thats just how i feel

What I meant was that Season 6 was a dip for some fans, and Season 7 seemed to be the comeback season. I mean people are not going to love every season of a show, but it might be decent enough or not bad enough to actually make people wait through it and watch the next season. I did not care for S9, but I stuck through it, and was glad since S10 was 100X better.

Well your comments are not harsh, it's how you feel.
        Last edited by Briangate78; 20 December 2007, 07:59 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah I liked Adria a lot also. Thank goodness that girl grew up quickly.
          I concur but even Adria couldn't prevent me from being annoyed with the poor writing, idiotic arcs and the complete deconstruction of characters.

It's the same technique as with the "Bimbo of the week" and Keller on Atlantis, put a few pretty faces in the show and hope people get distracted enough that they fail to see how poorly written everything is (Joss Whedon's series are truly an exception to this technique since they usually have pretty faces AND good writing).
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
            hëll yeah

Sexy worked in Sg1 twice . First with Vala then with Adria. In SGA they failed miserably .

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
              LOL, yes you are. I wouldn't be surprised if they made Carter regular...after all there won't be any movies to film (I guess) and AT will have more time...I'm glad for Carson fans. A lot. But why kill him just to bring him back again? I know it wasn't the same writer who decided to kill him off and bring him back but still? Admitting they only wanted to shake things up and boost ratings backfired with 1.1.
              I was watching an interview from Claudia Black, she made a good point, she said something like it's 90% business and 10% show. It is so true that it is not even funny.
              Spoiler:
              Now, I loved Season 3, it's my favorite season, but there was just no point for Carson's death...............until now. So they are adding something to it and I think it will make a lot of angry fans happy, especially the Carson fans. So if Carson does come back and the story is interesting, people will rewatch Sunday and say, ahh it was a setup by Michael or something.

As per Weir, it would be a shame not to bring her back for several eps. Her character in the past Season and a half has truly grown and become more dynamic.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                hëll yeah
                See Dammit! We can all agree on one thing at least.
                sigpic

Comment

I was watching an interview from Claudia Black, she made a good point, she said something like it's 90% business and 10% show. It is so true that it is not even funny.
                  Spoiler:
                  Now, I loved Season 3, it's my favorite season, but there was just no point for Carson's death...............until now. So they are adding something to it and I think it will make a lot of angry fans happy, especially the Carson fans. So if Carson does come back and the story is interesting, people will rewatch Sunday and say, ahh it was a setup by Michael or something.
                  One word: Cop-out. If they had guts they'd stick to their decision and keep Carson dead because one you open up this door it's very hard to close it and you might end up losing even more viewers.
                  Signed,

Gregorius
                  Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                  Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Spoiler:

As per Weir, it would be a shame not to bring her back for several eps. Her character in the past Season and a half has truly grown and become more dynamic.
                    Maybe they don't realize that if they left it like it was, maybe the ratings wouldn't be so crappy and lot of fans wouldn't be so unhappy. Including me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                      One word: Cop-out. If they had guts they'd stick to their decision and keep Carson dead because one you open up this door it's very hard to close it and you might end up losing even more viewers.
                      The Stargate Universe to me had really only one believable death, and it was not even a main character. Do you know I am referring to?

Don't get me wrong, I watched Sunday and thought it was believable until I read he was coming back. I'm glad he is coming back and I just hope the story and reasoning is done well, ya know?
                      sigpic

Comment

Maybe they don't realize that if they left it like it was, maybe the ratings wouldn't be so crappy and lot of fans wouldn't be so unhappy. Including me.
                        Well I personally don't think the ratings are crappy, they just did not really go anywhere from Season 3.5! To me they are good, but could be a tad better on the live end. Will Carson's return change this? Who knows.
                        sigpic

Comment

The Stargate Universe to me had really only one believable death, and it was not even a main character. Do you know I am referring to?

Don't get me wrong, I watched Sunday and thought it was believable until I read he was coming back. I'm glad he is coming back and I just hope the story and reasoning is done well, ya know?
                          And if it's not? Don't shoot me, that's a valid question.

Comment

Can we hang you?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                              Can we hang you?
                              Aww, now that's *so* out. Probably should've changed it to 'don't hurt me'.

Comment

Pro people will say: "He's back! Why are you complaining?!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X