Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I do hope most of you stick around for Season 5, and I do hope you enjoy Season 5 like you did with the earlier seasons. Maybe Season 5 will be like the SG-1 Season 7, who knows.
    Can't say season 7 was a fave... after all, it's the season where they decided my to kill my favorite character. After I had lost my other one already.

At the moment season 4 is reminding me of season 9 of SG1 and only stuck through it because it was Stargate. I'm not sure whether I would have gone on with season 10 if it hadn't been any better.

Season 5 will have bring out the big guns... otherwise this Belgian is gone off the map. Not that it would matter... I mean nothing to the big guns anyway.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I do hope most of you stick around for Season 5, and I do hope you enjoy Season 5 like you did with the earlier seasons. Maybe Season 5 will be like the SG-1 Season 7, who knows.
      I will stick around, but I doubt I'll post as much since we're no longer allowed to have anti-thread, and when you post in a different thread and your post is negative with regards to the show you get sniped or called a troll.

But if it's like SG-1 S7 don't expect me to be positive, afterall I'm among those that consider S7 to the amongst the worst of seasons.
      Signed,

Gregorius
      Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
      Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Can't say season 7 was a fave... after all, it's the season where they decided my to kill my favorite character. After I had lost my other one already.

At the moment season 4 is reminding me of season 9 of SG1 and only stuck through it because it was Stargate. I'm not sure whether I would have gone on with season 10 if it hadn't been any better.

Season 5 will have bring out the big guns... otherwise this Belgian is gone off the map. Not that it would matter... I mean nothing to the big guns anyway.
        See I was anti-season 9, shocker huh? I started to turn around by the end of the season. When Vala shows up pregnant.

Anyway I enjoyed Season 10 a lot. I felt the new characters finally adjusted and the introduction of Adria was great. Not because she was just hot.

It's different for me with SGA, I love Weir's character but felt she had some really great eps this season, but the eps without her were also good. Um does this make sense?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
          I will stick around, but I doubt I'll post as much since we're no longer allowed to have anti-thread, and when you post in a different thread and your post is negative with regards to the show you get sniped or called a troll.

But if it's like SG-1 S7 don't expect me to be positive, afterall I'm among those that consider S7 to the amongst the worst of seasons.
          Um did you like Season 10 more than 9 of SG-1?

Well if you are giving a complaint about an episode or character that is not trolling. It's just an opinion.
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think product placement will happen. Yup we'll see Sheppard with a "Nike" logo on his vest while he is walking through the Stargate.
            Replace "Nike" with "North Face", add "Evian", at least one "Snickers" (even though it must have been an accidental adding, in The Ark for those who don't know what I'm talking about)...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Replace "Nike" with "North Face", add "Evian", at least one "Snickers" (even though it must have been an accidental adding, in The Ark for those who don't know what I'm talking about)...
              OMG!! It's already starting.

BTW, for those watched Tin Man, don't you feel bad for that Verizon Pony?
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think product placement will happen. Yup we'll see Sheppard with a "Nike" logo on his vest while he is walking through the Stargate.
                That's too obvious and would frustrate people, think more along the lines of using only Dell computers or drinking Evian.

LOL, yeah makes me glad I'm not a nielsen family. Their new mission statement... "We're watching you"
                Isn't Nielsen doing such a thing on a less intrusive way? If those boxes have identification codes and you know which code belongs to which box and know which box belongs to which family, you can create a nice little profile of a specific family and sell it.
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Unless Elizabeth is back as a regular character and Carter doesn't gets the boot, I won't be sticking around.

Comment

Anyway I enjoyed Season 10 a lot. I felt the new characters finally adjusted and the introduction of Adria was great. Not because she was just hot.
                    Vala saved the show... She's my all-time favorite character of SG1. No one comes even close to her.

And Adria... I'm a big Morena Baccarin fan, met her three times so far and she's a classy lady.

It's different for me with SGA, I love Weir's character but felt she had some really great eps this season, but the eps without her were also good. Um does this make sense?
                    I understand it, so yeah, I think you make sense.

Comment

That's too obvious and would frustrate people, think more along the lines of using only Dell computers or drinking Evian.

Isn't Nielsen doing such a thing on a less intrusive way? If those boxes have identification codes and you know which code belongs to which box and know which box belongs to which family, you can create a nice little profile of a specific family and sell it.
                      Well nielsen actually knows how many people live in each nielsen household and how many males and females they are and how old everyone is. That is how they get the key demos. I believe they update every year. They likely give a phone call.
                      sigpic

Comment

Um did you like Season 10 more than 9 of SG-1?
                        Season 10 was mildly better than S9 but still far below average ... the only thing that made it watchable was Adria but that was more because of the actress and the clothing they decided to put her in...

Well if you are giving a complaint about an episode or character that is not trolling. It's just an opinion.
                        Which a lot of people consider trolling especially if you comment that which such episodes cancellation is a good alternative.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                          Unless Elizabeth is back as a regular character and Carter doesn't gets the boot, I won't be sticking around.
                          Well my specualtion is Carson will be back full-time or recurring, and we may see Weir in some guest spots. As per Carter she may likely get a 10/20 episode deal. She doesn't need to be in every episode. What would make me a very happy puppy dog, is having both Weir and Carter in a shared role, but I'll have a better chance of winning my state lottery. Yeah , I am very optomistic but I have to draw the line somewhere.
                          sigpic

Comment

not me i cant stand sg1 so referencing sg1 as a yard stick for sga makes me want to not watch the show even more.

they are meant to be different i thought? haveing seen this season so far i have gone from not that bad to being completly peeved that it has changed so much and not just cast changes.

i watched sga because it was not sg1 and from the spoilers and comments ive seen it looks like season 5 will be jam packed with sg1 crossovers.

ill watch till the end because its car crash tv for me but unless the season takes a different road or there is a swing back to the likes of season 1-3 with the charcters and relashionships that kept me glued there for 3 seasons im done.

i only wish id known about this whole reset and cast change before i booked my peg 3 tickets, that was a bad move on my part i hope no one asks me what i think of season 4 they will not like the answer i give.

and yes im in a bad mood tonight so harsher comments than normal but thats just how i feel
                            sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Well nielsen actually knows how many people live in each nielsen household and how many males and females they are and how old everyone is. That is how they get the key demos. I believe they update every year. They likely give a phone call.
                              My point exactly. It's perfect information to sell to advertisers and if you have important people with Nielsen boxes you could easily blackmail them but that's taking it to the extremes.

Anyway, those demographic are a bit pointless especially if they're only take into account the "average" family and the average ethnical distribution, especially if they fail to divide it per level of education and don't correct it for minorities. This because the latter is about as important as the people that inhabit the house, people with higher education watch entirely different shows than people with lower education and besides that they're a minority.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Season 10 was mildly better than S9 but still far below average ... the only thing that made it watchable was Adria but that was more because of the actress and the clothing they decided to put her in...

Yeah I liked Adria a lot also. Thank goodness that girl grew up quickly.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X