Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
    They will deny the shows missteps for as long as possible. No one wants to admit they took the show down in an effort to wrench fans into watching their favorite characters die. Or that their plan to increase ratings by "shaking things up" backfired.

TPTB can't admit that if RL wasn't expecting they would still have no story arc for her and she would still be wallpaper like season3.

They also can't admit that season 3 wasn't supposed to be a comedy disguised as a science fiction show. Now they can't admit that season 4 attempts to make the show a drama backfired. Maybe they should have stuck with what the show was in season 1. A lone expiation, cut off from earth, stuck on an alien city that had surprises at every turn.

TPTB can't admit they made a mistake with bring back the replicators and tried to disguise them with a new background and name. Can't admit they made a mistake by either not closing the wraith arc or diving deeper into it. Kind of just let the wraith fade into the background and made the show "Stargate Rodney" with his side kick, John "Kirk" Sheppard.

TPTB can't admit that the fans who were already watching SGA were also SG-1 fans to begin with and bringing over AT and then making her OoC was handled badly.

TPTB do have their jobs even if it's at the expense of some of the main cast--who no longer have their old job. Why would they admit they messed up when they sit cozy behind their desk, spinning how great their ideas were and justify the ratings drop by blaming technology and then beg their fans to watch the show?
    Brilliant post.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      That is 1.6 million viewers which would likely translate more to a 1.2, after the final viewer total, it will likely give "TMC" a 1.4! BTW, Missing had a 1.4 with just under 1.9 million viewers! It really all depends how the rating point ratio is for that week. Since it changes all the time.
      1.6 Million people is all that watch Atlantis and that's cause for celebration. A repeat of Tomorrow Never Dies pulled in 3.1 million viewers, God even NCIS on Five got 2.1 million. Can I just say now, that the, infinitly cheaper, less relient on CGI, brilliantly scripted and wonderfully acted Dr Who attracts an averege viewership of 10 million every week (give or take)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
        1.6 Million people is all that watch Atlantis and that's cause for celebration. A repeat of Tomorrow Never Dies pulled in 3.1 million viewers, God even NCIS on Five got 2.1 million. Can I just say now, that the, infinitly cheaper, less relient on CGI, brilliantly scripted and wonderfully acted Dr Who attracts an averege viewership of 10 million every week (give or take)
        Well from what I know, 3 out of the last 4 eps to date will have likely gotten about 1.9 mil or more viewers. So the show can attract close to 2 million viewers still, that's pretty damn good, imo. Of course it's all our opinions. It is what the networks thinks is good or bad. BTW, the last 4 eps of this season have done better than the first four eps, when you average them out. That is a fact.
        sigpic

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the decline in SG quality coincided with the appearance of more CGI.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
            I think it's safe to say that the decline in SG quality coincided with the appearance of more CGI.
            I tend to agree with this.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Therefore, to ensure proper writing will return, I've come to the conclusion that SciFi must reduce the budget of SGA, this way they can't waste money on CGI filler and have to start writing again.
              Signed,

Gregorius
              Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
              Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                Therefore, to ensure proper writing will return, I've come to the conclusion that SciFi must reduce the budget of SGA, this way they can't waste money on CGI filler and have to start writing again.
                I agree.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78
                  Actually, MGM will likely keep the budget the same or raise it to compensate the cast and crew, and will likely dip into the other markets that the show does well in also, like the international market.

SCI FI has nothing to do with the budget per say, it is provided by MGM which then in return sells the rights to SCI FI. If the season costs between 30 to 40 million to produce, they are not going to ask SCI FI for all that money since they sell the show all over the world like in Canada, and Sky one, and make money in the DVD and syndication markets.
                  Does anyone know what the ratings are elseware in the world?

Comment

There is NO corrolation at all between thread length and 'rightness' of said thread. Just because you hit 8000 posts doesn't make your pov right any more than having one ship thread longer than another make the ship of that longer thread the 'only' ship on the show.

Y'all don't like it when people post 'hey, the episode got a 1.9 rating, take that you anti's' so don't go doing the same towards the pro's.

celebrate your milestone without thumbing your nose at others
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      Does anyone know what the ratings are elseware in the world?
                      I did an extensive search to ratings for Stargate Atlantis in Belgium, but I can't find any numbers for it. We're getting season 3 at the moment. DVD's arrived in october or there about.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                        #8001!

EDIT: I saw someone said that TMC got 1.6...*scratches head*
                        Ha, Dana has to fix the number now!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          I did an extensive search to ratings for Stargate Atlantis in Belgium, but I can't find any numbers for it. We're getting season 3 at the moment. DVD's arrived in october or there about.
                          I did one for the UK, nada, maybe Sky are ashamed of it

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            There is NO corrolation at all between thread length and 'rightness' of said thread. Just because you hit 8000 posts doesn't make your pov right any more than having one ship thread longer than another make the ship of that longer thread the 'only' ship on the show.

Y'all don't like it when people post 'hey, the episode got a 1.9 rating, take that you anti's' so don't go doing the same towards the pro's.

celebrate your milestone without thumbing your nose at others
                            Yes Nanny

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                              Ha, Dana has to fix the number now!
                              Done!

Oh and here they don't air SGA......so ratings are 0.

Comment

Working...
                              X