Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Speak for yourself .

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
    "Ils sont fous, ces Américains" would be the proper phrase if you get the original French line, and then it translates to "They are crazy, those Americans".
    Thank you.

Are you from Belgium/The Netherlands?
    Belgium, Flanders.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Belgium, Flanders.
      You seem to be very proud to have a red plate on your car . For anyone who does not know, that mean, run for your life is you see them on the road . There is nothing more intriguing and sexy than hearing a chick speaking Flemish or Dutch . At first, you are puzzled; you have no idea the human voice could do those sounds .

Turning now to S4 and a bit of S5 why does Ronon want to join the dark side? I think the tree part he has on SGA suits him very well. If things will develop the way he wants in S5, then we will have Teal'c brainwashed all over again. That is when Teal'c joined the dark side

Comment

You seem to be very proud to have a red plate on your car . For anyone who does not know, that mean, run for your life is you see them on the road .
        I thought the Dutch were the only one making such jokes about the Belgians? Or is this a subtle remark with regards to the driving skills of women (I believe the Dutch language has a saying about this, something will women and walls. I know it rhymes though)?

There is nothing more intriguing and sexy than hearing a chick speaking Flemish or Dutch . At first, you are puzzled; you have no idea the human voice could do those sounds .
        Dutch is sexy? In my opinion it's a hard on the ears. Also, there is a huge difference between the Dutch they speak in Flanders and the Dutch they speak in the Netherlands (It mostly has something to do with the "hard g" or something). And one more minor thing, Flemish is a Dutch dialect and not a real language.

Turning now to S4 and a bit of S5 why does Ronon want to join the dark side?
        The Dark Side has cookies.

I think the tree part he has on SGA suits him very well. If things will develop the way he wants in S5, then we will have Teal'c brainwashed all over again. That is when Teal'c joined the dark side
        I object, Ronon doesn't act as a tree ... he acts as sentient gun-wielding wallpaper.

Anyway, a brainwashed Ronon would fit perfectly in the line of rehashed plot elements we've been seeing for the part half season.
        Signed,

Gregorius
        Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
        Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

I thought the Dutch were the only one making such jokes about the Belgians? Or is this a subtle remark with regards to the driving skills of women (I believe the Dutch language has a saying about this, something will women and walls. I know it rhymes though)?
          Driving in Europe, rule of thumb: avoid Belgiums, French, and the Dutch! I was driving from Brussels to Luxembourg. After Namur, there is portion of the Belgium highway where you have 3 lanes. Because they all drive 120 km/h and parallel, there is no fast lane like in Germany, I jumped them on the third lane and reached with my BMW 230 km/h. I drove for a while with this speed and I see in front of me a car on the right side, on the first lane. Two lanes to my right! Driving close to the wall,the third lane, I told myself, no danger to cut me off. I close up on the car very fast and when I reached the left-side door of that car, suddenly the car swerved towards me. I locked my wheels at 230 km/h, then the ABS kicked in, horned...the car moved a bit to the right and I just had time to pass. When I passed, I saw a woman with a make-up kit in her hand!!! Had I hit her, the newspapers would have quoted: "Luxembourgish plated BMW takes off from Belgium highway!" I avoid driving through Belgium. If I could drive to Brussels through Afghanistan, I would . Unfortunately, I have to be in Brussels twice a month .

Dutch is sexy? In my opinion it's a hard on the ears. Also, there is a huge difference between the Dutch they speak in Flanders and the Dutch they speak in the Netherlands (It mostly has something to do with the "hard g" or something). And one more minor thing, Flemish is a Dutch dialect and not a real language.
          I know I have both Dutch and Flemish friends.

I object, Ronon doesn't act as a tree ... he acts as sentient gun-wielding wallpaper.

Anyway, a brainwashed Ronon would fit perfectly in the line of rehashed plot elements we've been seeing for the part half season.

Ronon: "Who are you?"
          Sheppard:"I am your friend, did I tell you, you owe me 50 bucks?"

Comment

You seem to be very proud to have a red plate on your car . For anyone who does not know, that mean, run for your life is you see them on the road .
            I've been told by many that I'm a good driver, and then there are those who pee their pants when I'm at the wheel. And they usually yell out 'Watch it!" and I'm like "Watch what?".

Turning now to S4 and a bit of S5 why does Ronon want to join the dark side?
            I think the fact that Jason talks about it, that he wants Ronon to do more... tells me he might just be a little bored at the moment. Poor guy isn't Sheppard or Rodney, must be frustrating.

I thought the Dutch were the only one making such jokes about the Belgians?
            We all make jokes about each other. It's what we do.

Or is this a subtle remark with regards to the driving skills of women (I believe the Dutch language has a saying about this, something will women and walls. I know it rhymes though)?
            Vrouwen aan het stuur, is bloed aan de muur.
            Women at the wheel, means blood on the wall.

I hate to say it, being female myself, that's very true on many occasions.

I wonder if there is a similar thing on Atlantis about female jumper pilots. *giggle*
            Imagine the bumperstickers alone on a puddlejumper.

Also, there is a huge difference between the Dutch they speak in Flanders and the Dutch they speak in the Netherlands
            We subtitle eachother's programs.

And one more minor thing, Flemish is a Dutch dialect and not a real language.
            Flanders has many different dialects. Someone from the east won't understand someone from the west, and viceversa.

The Dark Side has cookies.
            Hence it's the fun side.

... he acts as sentient gun-wielding wallpaper.
            LOL

Stop giving them ideas.

Driving in Europe, rule of thumb: avoid Belgians, French, and the Dutch!

What he said, and I'm Belgian. There are quite a few morons on the road.

When I passed, I saw a woman with a make-up kit in her hand!!! Had I hit her, the newspapers would have quoted: "Luxembourgish plated BMW takes off from Belgium highway!"
            Holy hell, she would have gotten the finger!! And a good honking too.

Comment

Flanders has many different dialects. Someone from the east won't understand someone from the west, and viceversa.
              I know what you mean. It's the same for us in Moravia and people from Prague. We've got a ton of jokes about it too

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                It's the same for us in Moravia and people from Prague. We've got a ton of jokes about it too
                It's like TPTB and the fans, they don't understand each other either. They also speak the same language, yet not truly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  You've heard the lady, g. o. d. Pick your saber and knock yourself out.

They're supposed to be used against JM for his crappy writing and that makes them on topic. Deleting this would be soooooooooooo cheap
                  Suit yourself

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
                  Seems many of the antis are European....
                  Is there something about the current version of SGA that does not appeal to European sensibilities? Or is there such a thing. Just wondering.
                  I think it's because we are used to better quality television, hell even the Eastern Europen fairytales that I watched in the early 70's (Singing Ringing Tree anyone?) were much more entertaining. Also I think it's because anyone from Europe has disappeared in the last 3 series, Grodin (dead) Beckett (dead) German scientist from Duet (never seen again) Zelenka (still alive but, who knows what TPTB will do if they need another ratings grabbing death) 1 European regular in an 'International' expedition is bound to piss people off

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                  Or in the case of the British sit down eat scones and have a nice moan about anything and everything, hey its what we do
                  Not always, striking was know as 'The British Disease' in the 70's, we do our bit for democracy

Comment

I think the fact that Jason talks about it, that he wants Ronon to do more... tells me he might just be a little bored at the moment. Poor guy isn't Sheppard or Rodney, must be frustrating.
                    A new storyline! Ronon, Ford, Michael and Weir combining their strength in order to bring Atlantis down. (Must remember this for when I decided to continue on the chronicles of Stargate)

Vrouwen aan het stuur, is bloed aan de muur.
                    Women at the wheel, means blood on the wall.

I hate to say it, being female myself, that's very true on many occasions.

I wonder if there is a similar thing on Atlantis about female jumper pilots. *giggle*
                    Imagine the bumperstickers alone on a puddlejumper.
                    This reminds me of that image, "Her garage, his garage"

We subtitle eachother's programs.
                    From what I heard this wasn't the case until one of the Dutch public networks decided to subtitle a show name "Flikken"? In retaliation the Belgian public networks started subbing shows like "Baantjer".

Anyway, back to Ronon being sentient gun-wielding wallpaper before we stray too far off-topic.

I think it's time for an arc in which Ronon gets send on an assassination, they want dark stories, mission where he has to kill Larrin and bring the Aurora class vessel back to Atlantis. Perhaps Teyla can join him on this mission since she can sense Wraith.
                    Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

How about the European contingent staging a coup?

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                        I think it's because we are used to better quality television, hell even the Eastern Europen fairytales that I watched in the early 70's (Singing Ringing Tree anyone?) were much more entertaining.
                        Has anyone ever noticed the difference in problem solving techniques in US series and European series? Lets take Doctor Who and Stargate as examples:
                        The Doctor relies on his intellect to win the day whilst in Stargate the guns do the thinking. The same difference can also be found in police shows, etc... Perhaps that's one of the sources of the better quality? Instead of mindless gun blazing the main character is forced to think?

Also I think it's because anyone from Europe has disappeared in the last 3 series, Grodin (dead) Beckett (dead) German scientist from Duet (never seen again) Zelenka (still alive but, who knows what TPTB will do if they need another ratings grabbing death) 1 European regular in an 'International' expedition is bound to piss people off
                        I concur, the mission is a bit US-centric. What also surprises me is that the moment the leader of the expedition dies the first candidate is a US colonel, one might expect that the Russians and the Chinese would object and insist on a more neutral person to lead it especially since the head of the military staff there is also a US Colonel.
                        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

A new storyline! Ronon, Ford, Michael and Weir combining their strength in order to bring Atlantis down. (Must remember this for when I decided to continue on the chronicles of Stargate)
                          Kate and Carson will provide the haunting as back-up.

This reminds me of that image, "Her garage, his garage"
                          http://media.funlol.com/content/img/garage.jpg

Anyway, back to Ronon being sentient gun-wielding wallpaper before we stray too far off-topic.

I think it's time for an arc in which Ronon gets send on an assassination, they want dark stories, mission where he has to kill Larrin and bring the Aurora class vessel back to Atlantis. Perhaps Teyla can join him on this mission since she can sense Wraith.
                          I love that arc.

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                            How about the European contingent staging a coup?
                            I'd love to see the Europeans, Russians, Canadians, Chinese, etc... decide to claim either Atlantis or the "Sister City" from "The Tower" and from there start to compete with the US for influence in the PG. It would make for an interesting arc and it would show that the other nations don't allow themselves to get screwed over again by the USA.
                            Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Kate and Carson will provide the haunting as back-up.
                              With Jonas coming over from SG-1 to aid the rebels in defeating the Empire.

I love that arc.
                              And it's not even a rehash (I admit, you could see it as a rehash of the summit but this would be more amusing) especially not if Ronon decided not to kill Larrin but instead work as a double-agent or he takes over command of the Travelers.
                              Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

With Jonas coming over from SG-1 to aid the rebels in defeating the Empire.
                                LOL

And it's not even a rehash (I admit, you could see it as a rehash of the summit but this would be more amusing) especially not if Ronon decided not to kill Larrin but instead work as a double-agent or he takes over command of the Travelers.
                                And that's when he turns darker...

Edit: I was just checking the stats of this thread... ...It appears I have the most posts in this thread. Does that make me uber-anti?

Comment

Working...
                                X