Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I think Keller and Carson may share the role. I think that could work. A lot of fans have seems to embrace Keller. I think that was what I was pointing out with Gero's interview. To me he was saying to enjoy Keller and don't worry Carson will be back and not just for two eps THIS season.
    Really I don't see that, and I'm not just talking about the anti-s4 thread. In livejournal it seems people really don't seem to care for Keller. I don't think it would be a big deal if she just left. I never really saw Keller as a permanent character.
    sigpic
    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
      Really I don't see that, and I'm not just talking about the anti-s4 thread. In livejournal it seems people really don't seem to care for Keller.
      Do you post on SCI FI? We have some polls up. Keller got a lot of votes. Not saying it's the majority of course, but a lot of fans have seemed to embrace her, imo. Of course I cannot get an exact number.
      sigpic

Comment

Really I don't see that, and I'm not just talking about the anti-s4 thread. In livejournal it seems people really don't seem to care for Keller.
        Its spilt pertty even 50-50 IMO
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Its spilt pertty even 50-50 IMO
          It's been more like 25 to 75, IMO. Also it would seem some folks would like to have both, imo.
          sigpic

Comment

Do you post on SCI FI? We have some polls up. Keller got a lot of votes. Not saying it's the majority of course, but a lot of fans have seemed to embrace her, imo. Of course I cannot get an exact number.
            Nope, but I have an account. SCI-FI boards are not my thing.
            sigpic

Comment

I remember a Save Ford thread but not an organized campaign. Would it have worked though? I'm unconvinced that fan campaigns work if TPTB are completely against what the fans are campaigning for. If TPTB are considering bringing someone back a campaign may sway them, but I haven't seen any indication that TPTB would like to have Weir back. So...

I haven't redded anyone nor will I ever. If a post is offensive and breaking the rules I report it. If someone is trying to flamebait I (generally ) ignore them. I don't see any purpose for the red rep system other than continuing fan hostilities toward each other. I think it would be more productive to get rid of the red rep system instead of banning pro/anti threads.

I should be more confident in reporting rule-breaking posts now that the mods have declared that they're cracking down on such posts, but it still sort of bugs me. Like I'm being a tattle tale or annoying the mods or reporting a post when I should be zen and ignore it or something. Sigh.

Comment

Nope, but I have an account. SCI-FI boards are not my thing.
                That's a shame, I'm really good friends with one of the heads mods there.

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                I remember a Save Ford thread but not an organized campaign. Would it have worked though? I'm unconvinced that fan campaigns work if TPTB are completely against what the fans are campaigning for. If TPTB are considering bringing someone back a campaign may sway them, but I haven't seen any indication that TPTB would like to have Weir back. So...

I haven't redded anyone nor will I ever. If a post is offensive and breaking the rules I report it. If someone is trying to flamebait I (generally ) ignore them. I don't see any purpose for the red rep system other than continuing fan hostilities toward each other. I think it would be more productive to get rid of the red rep system instead of banning pro/anti threads.

I should be more confident in reporting rule-breaking posts now that the mods have declared that they're cracking down on such posts, but it still sort of bugs me. Like I'm being a tattle tale or annoying the mods or reporting a post when I should be zen and ignore it or something. Sigh.

You hit the nail on the head. If a post upsets me that much, I'd rather hit the other red button, lol. Ya know?

As per Character campaigns, I think they do work depending how many people are supporting and if the network themselves see the effort. Carson got a lot and I mean A LOT of publicity for the network and the show. So I think that is why Carson will be back for some role next season.

As per Weir, if anyone wants to meet me on the Today show with some signs, for the SEW campaign, I'm game.
                sigpic

Comment

Really I don't see that, and I'm not just talking about the anti-s4 thread. In livejournal it seems people really don't seem to care for Keller. I don't think it would be a big deal if she just left. I never really saw Keller as a permanent character.
                  She's boring, bland, has zero screen presence or personality, of course I prefer Carson, he was a thousand times better, and I hate Keller for many reasons, but the main one is that she's replacing Carson (just as I hate Carter for taking Weir's place), I was never willing to give her a chance.

But then I'm a fan, and I don't have to give anybody a chance, if I don't feel like watching I simply won't.

Comment

LOL. Too much tech talk.

As per Weir, if anyone wants to meet me on the Today show with some signs, for the SEW campaign, I'm game.
                    Talk to Suz, that'd be awesome. I'll <3 you forever

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                    She's boring, bland, has zero screen presence or personality, of course I prefer Carson, he was a thousand times better, and I hate Keller for many reasons, but the main one is that she's replacing Carson (just as I hate Carter for taking Weir's place), I was never willing to give her a chance.
                    I gave Keller a chance but she was exactly what you described. I miss Carson's lovable personality.
                    sigpic

Comment

I gave Keller a chance but she was exactly what you described. I miss Carson's lovable personality.
                      I would be lying if I said I gave her a fair chance, she's the one replacing Carson (a character I loved) so that gave her arrival a negative connotation at once, to make it worse I disliked the actress, so an actress I can't stand playing an annoying character who was replacing a character I liked (because tptb felt they HAD TO please the fanboys), it's not surprising that I just hate her.

Comment

There's a new poll: do you want Weir back?

Go.. vote...

Comment

Also, may I ask, was there ever a Save Ford campaign? Never heard of it or saw it. I've been posting on SCI FI for years and never came across any fans of it.
                          I don't think I've seen one... I do miss Ford a little though. As I'm making my way through season 1 (just finished The Eye), I realize what a funny asset he was.

It's been more like 25 to 75, IMO. Also it would seem some folks would like to have both, imo.
                          I'm a BOTH-voter.

Mmm... I know what you mean.

Yeah, he is... Isn't his name Squall something with number too... He's got a white watchdog which you have to look out for. If you thought the GW-mods were crazy with their wet noodles and whatnot... Then be very afraid of this one.

As per Character campaigns, I think they do work depending how many people are supporting and if the network themselves see the effort.
                          I don't think they have much impact, but at least they show the networks people care about what happens or like/don't like what they see to their fave show/character.

Make sure to take a picture, cause I want proof then.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                            There's a new poll: do you want Weir back?

Go.. vote...
                            where is it? I'll vote when I'll return from shooting-range
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Because she lost her SG1 leadership to newbie Mitch in s9? I mean, I can kinda understand how TPTB see her as the ideal blend of military and science to compliment the military and science aspects of Atlantis. But TPTB really screwed her over in s9 and s10 regarding her leadership abilities.

Seriously, I wonder if TPTB were trying to make amends for "shafting" Carter/Amanda in SG1 by letting her assume the leadership role on SGA. Of course, that implies that Weir/Torri was shafted for Carter. That is, if you don't believe TPTB when they say that removing Weir and adding Carter were two completely separate events. And...well...I don't.
                              I'm only saying this, 'cause Overgrown sissy-toy has no first-hand experience with the Wraith. How would the IOA choose her to lead Atlantis with such a "qualification" is beyond me.

Originally posted by Vale_Sg1 View Post
                              Gee, I almost forgot...maybe you've already added this song to the Mix, but what about "Life goes on" by Leanne Rhymes?

Lyrics here:
                              Spoiler:
                              Life goes on, life goes on
                              Life goes on, life goes on

You sucked me in
                              And played my mind
                              Just like a toy
                              You were crank and wind

Baby I would give till you wore it out
                              You left me lyin' in a pool of doubt
                              And you're still thinkin' you're the Daddy Mac
                              You should've known better but you didn't
                              And I can't go back

Refrain
                              Oh life goes on
                              And it's only gonna make me strong
                              It's a fact, once you get on board
                              Say good-bye cause you can't go back
                              Oh it's a fight, and I really wanna get it right
                              Where I'm at, is my life before me
                              And this feelin' that I can go back
                              Life goes on [repeat 2X]

Wish I knew then
                              What I know now
                              You held all the cards
                              And sold me out

etc etc.

Fits our beloved JM, don't you think?

Also, breaking news: I've just received my first red!!! I thought it would never happen! *is proud of her antiness*. Sarcasm is so unappreciated *shakes head*
                              hehehe on the song

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              Holy hell... Fits like a glove.

What comment did you make to receive reddish green?

Edit: If I should make a fallen heroes vid for SGA, which music would be the best? Cause I'm listening to Teardrop from Massive Attack and I kinda like it, the tone I mean.
                              Hymn to the sea by James Horner... On the 5th volume of Stinky sock

Originally posted by Briangate78
                              I don't red people. I feel there should only be a function to add rep points. You know I disagree with a lot of folks here, but why red them? To me that is going too far and some people take advantage of the rating system. I feel you should be able to have a civil conversation with someone whether they disliked an episode or not.

I wish people will start enjoying the show more. It would make me happy. That's why I remain optomistic. My optomism may be working since we may here some good news about a character return for next season. Let's hope!
                              Let's hope

You know, guys, I've sent HK-47 on a few mission for this thread, I have shut down the Pros and Cons Carter thread, I've received a mod infraction for my comments about cleaning the general threads and turning them into anti threads, I have engaged in a few posting wars (being trained as a Jedi Guardian gives you the will to fight for your opinions), but I have NEVER received a red. Can you believe it?

Neither is mine, I just think she makes the show better. Good question ask Joe M.
                              No way he's going to answer that

I gave Whining baby a fair chance too. Episode Missing was the WTF moment for me. And the nickname I gave her was born on that very moment

Comment

Some silly fangirl redded me for saying I'd like to see Sheppard out of the show. The last time I redded someone it was for some vile piece of homophobia

Comment

Working...
                                X