Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    * Teyla has an arc... Really? Where?
    The arc of her stomach, of course. Duh!

I became anti when they forded my favourite character right after they killed another character that I was quite fond of. And their constant disregard of biological/medical facts annoys me. Retroviruses rewriting the DNA... ouch! *hitsheadagainstwall* It's a scifi show for gods sake... they could have just invented a totally new kind of anything, but no, they rape the poor retrovirus.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      the only competition tinman had sunday night was a hallmark hall of fame movie, despereate housewives and football.

on friday nights, sga competes against
      Numbers
      las vegas (both in its timeslot)
      and a killer line up of ghost whisperer, moonlight and some otehr well watchedshows.

the networks all have strong friday nights while sunday is pretty much crap on the network side. the only night that's worse is saturday where there's no original programming at all from the nets, just reruns from earlier in the week
      but this isn't an excuse for low ratings
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

the only competition tinman had sunday night was a hallmark hall of fame movie, despereate housewives and football.
        Mmm... I guess that works in favor of Tin Man.

on friday nights, sga competes against
        Numbers
        las vegas (both in its timeslot)
        and a killer line up of ghost whisperer, moonlight and some otehr well watchedshows.
        I know Las Vegas, would watch it anytime over Atlantis. I know Numb3rs, but haven't watched it, only know it's supposed to be good.
        Seen one episode of Ghost Whisperer once and thought it was okay. Could be because it was the episode with Sean Maher in it. Don't know Moonlight.

I guess Atlantis will never reach a 4.2 if it stays on Fridays. I highly doubt it would reach a 1.5 life rating if it were on at another night though.

the networks all have strong friday nights while sunday is pretty much crap on the network side. the only night that's worse is saturday where there's no original programming at all from the nets, just reruns from earlier in the week
        Same here... Saturdays are usually film-night but one has to be lucky, cause usually it's movies we've seen a hundred times over already. Sundays over here are filled with good things. Though we have hit the rerun-period for most of the shows now.
        Friday-night is boring night... same as Saturdays, films which we've already seen.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Imo, season 4 is a strong season- in spite of the problems I have with the show. No Ford, Beckett, Weir. Add Keller- WTF? I don't like her and you can't make me like her, PTB! I don't have a favorite character because the characters just aren't written consistently (I like McKay one week, and the next week he's shrill, screaming and OTT again). And I think the bottom line is the NUMBERS. When a show goes from a 1.8 or 2.1 down to a .9 or 1.1 in about a year's time- something's wrong. Really wrong. Fans are tuning out, and new ones aren't filling the void. I agree that strong competition on a particular night will affect ratings a bit, but.. people that used to watch the show aren't watching anymore. I don't see how that bodes well for the future. SG-1 got better ratings and it got cancelled. At this point, there are fewer people watching Stargate than ever before... and that's the bottom line. I watch SGA IN SPITE OF Keller, no Ford, no Beckett, no Weir, inconsistencies in the stories, low character development- not because of all these things. If season 4 is strong, and no one watches, does it even matter?!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            There was brand new Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters, Cold Case, 24 ... So yes, there was NOTHING to watch that night.
            Oh...

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
            The arc of her stomach, of course. Duh!
            LOL!!

Teyla is like my last remaining favorite character, which can make me watch through 42 minutes of Miller's Crossing, hoping to catch a glimpse of her. I want to see my lady for cryin' out loud. I don't much care about Sheppard or Rodney.

*pout*
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              gyus, let's make a pool I have a question for you all

Why did you become anti's ?
              1-2. Weir gone, Carter in command
              3-4. Beckett gone, Dr. Barbie in

Comment

I've been watching this season, and I think I'm becoming more anti with almost every episode. I like this show because of the characters, but they insist on killing them. Well, that kinda destroys the "family" feel they had going. Or they make the characters do "dark" things to make it more interesting...but not to me. If I'm not engaged with the characters, what's the point of sticking around? I guess it's a testament to how much I liked the first few seasons that I'm still engaged with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  gyus, let's make a pool I have a question for you all

Why did you become anti's ?
                  I'd say the moment I started to become anti was during the Return 2, I always hated crossovers, and seeing an episode that centered around Jackass, my least favorite character from SG1, instead of using oh I don't know Sheppard (the frigging leading man) on that underwater sequence. I mean, with Sheppard it would have been an awesome scene, Sheppard swimming. *RAR* But instead there was this stupid, long and boring sequence with O'neil, bleh!.

And then the episodes started to get more and more boring, Irresponsible, the Ark, the Ark was the last straw, I even asked someone if all episodes were going to be like that from now on, 'cause I was getting tired of the show and the only thing that kept me watching was Elizabeth, and I remember one of the writers saying that we should get used to team episodes and that Elizabeth wasn't a part of the team so tough.

And then the rumours started about Carter crossing over to Atlantis, and they finally said they were getting rid of Weir, and that Carter was the new leading lady, so I said F****, why should I stay then?. And I stopped watching, I watched First Strike only to see what would happen with Weir, I hated doctor 'dumbass' on sight.

Comment

From another thread
                    Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                    Okay guys...a bit OT. Some Torri/Elizabeth news...

Spoiler:
                    Some one was doing a review of Miller's Crossing...and the last two lines said something about TMC coming up this week and the writer of the article said that they ran into Torri in LA and asked her if she'd be returning to Atlantis and they said she said no...I am not sure to believe this or not. Guess we'll see! But for now I'm sad.
                    Does anyone know more about this? Is it Ford all over again?!

Comment

Here's a link to the review the post was talking about: http://tv.ign.com/articles/839/839075p1.html

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
                        From another thread

Does anyone know more about this? Is it Ford all over again?!
                        Can't say I'm surprised, well at least
                        Spoiler:
                        now I can happily sit and watch this crap go to hell without having to worry about there being a show for Torri to go back to.

Comment

as I said many times before, I'm not against killing main characters. But there must a be big reason and impact on the story telling. But there's neither reason nor impact in SGA.
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marielabbott View Post
                            Here's a link to the review the post was talking about: http://tv.ign.com/articles/839/839075p1.html
                            Alright, does it mean she's not back for anymore on S4 or beyond? I am such a sucker for keeping hope alive. I refuse to believe she won't be back in S5 until it's said for sure.

sig made by me

Comment

guys, it was obvious she won't return. I think something bad happened between her and TPTB. We can only wish her luck in her new roles
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                Cool!

Oh, I'm waiting for the excuses.
                                Originally posted by Luz View Post
                                OMG!, you found it, yes it is, most beautiful tango there is, chorus goes something like this:

And now downhill I go, past illusions I can't reach
                                I dream with the past I yearn for, and the old times I cry for
                                And they're never coming back

Funny how Tin Man got 4.2, uhmmm.... I thought it was no longer possible for a sci-fi channel show to get more than 1.1.

Sorry, I had to reply to this. How can you compare A major mini-series production to a drama series that pulls in decent ratings for multiple weeks. Run Tin Man as a series and lets see how it pairs.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X