Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    Maybe they will improve their writing in the process. Who knows?
    I get the feeling Satan will skate to work before that happens
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      but I have a strong feeling that watching SGA won't be worth of it
      X-Files had five great seasons before it went downhill, and even when it went downhill it still had its moments, SGA only had two and a half seasons before it started to suck, and SGA has Mallozzi, he'll make sure it doesn't get any better.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        It's not even the ship, I wasn't expecting anything romantic to happen, it was the friendship, I loved seeing the Sheppard/Weir/McKay scenes, and even if I liked the McShep, with Elizabeth gone I lost interest.
        Oh yeah, I completely agree. Friendship is the way to go with SGA in canon anyway, IMO, since I think this PTB would handle any main character/main character ship horribly.

But I really liked the scenes between Rodney and Elizabeth, even as read purely from a friendship angle. Now that she's gone I feel like something is missing from Rodney, as his interactions with Carter, Katie, and everyone else are different from his interactions with Weir. So that's a bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
          Oh yeah, I completely agree. Friendship is the way to go with SGA in canon anyway, IMO, since I think this PTB would handle any main character/main character ship horribly.

But I really liked the scenes between Rodney and Elizabeth, even as read purely from a friendship angle. Now that she's gone I feel like something is missing from Rodney, as his interactions with Carter, Katie, and everyone else are different from his interactions with Weir. So that's a bummer.
          He was softer with her, I can't think of any other way to describe it, like how he tried to impress her and how she affected him. Remember in the Game at the end when he's playing chess and he got distracted because Elizabeth was there?.

Comment

Rodney always respected Elizabeth. I love that scene in "Duet" when she says "Rodney, I'm not asking" and he complies instantly. He never respected anyone in the same way.

Elizabeth is important part of THE dynnamic we got used to see. Taking that away is wrong, just like 7 - legged spider. The poor animal couldn't run that gracefully any more without that one leg missing. Atlantis lost its grace in a similar way... hey wait - it's 6 legged spider with two too large crutches (or too small).

*groan*

Anyway another song for the anti album, in case we're still doing that:

Blowin in the wind - Bob Dylan

and another one....

Bad Moon Rising - CCR
            Last edited by Anuna; 01 December 2007, 10:34 AM.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              This happened to me with the X-Files, I hated seasons 6 and 7, but I was too invested and just-COULDN'T-stop watching, I HAD to know how it ended. Luckily I was rewarded with Doggett, sticking around was worth it.
              Oh yeah, Robert Patrick was a complete breath of fresh air to the show, it's a shame they stopped it there I'd have loved it to continue with Doggett and Reyes.

My respect for the writers started waning at the end of series 3 and it was totally gone by series 4, maybe I could appreciate Atlantis more if I didn't watch well written shows (Do we have a sarcastic smiley?)

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                My respect for the writers started waning at the end of series 3 and it was totally gone by series 4, maybe I could appreciate Atlantis more if I didn't watch well written shows (Do we have a sarcastic smiley?)
                Like this?
                sigpic
                Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  I know how you feel in regards to ship - it's hard for me to stay interested in McWeir now that half the ship is missing and possibly going to die...
                  One half of my OTP is dead (not in my AU), and the other half has barely any screentime (apart from the token episode).

I have to write the stories myself if I want to see something happening between them. Of course, my pairing would never ever, ever have made it on screen...and I wouldn't want it either cause TPTB would just frak it up big time.

I get the feeling Satan will skate to work before that happens
                  Second that.

Just watched Miller's Crossing. I have a one word review: *yawn*.

I loved seeing Kate Hewlett again. She and David are pretty funny to watch. Holy hell...Jason my man... *turns into a puddle of goo* And I'm not that shallow... But that was hard to miss.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh my pairing would have been hot on screen. But PTB would probbably messed it up too, and they are sooo good already, and it kinda happened without a real intention. So I'm happy with what I have (and I might get more when TMC airs). Of course I'm dreading the episode, but I bet that just watching them together on screen will be great thing.

Okay, wrong thread.

Just like FH said, I write things I want to see myself, period. Plus there are so many great writers involved with this ship. So I win on both accounts. Take that PTB!
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Added.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Plus there are so many great writers involved with this ship. So I win on both accounts. Take that PTB!
                        Same with my OTP, except I need to look a little harder.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I read the more info on TMC.

Spoiler:
                          Are we ever going to see The Real Elizabeth and not a duplicate?

This episode better be written well.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                            I read the more info on TMC.

Spoiler:
                            Are we ever going to see The Real Elizabeth and not a duplicate?

This episode better be written well.
                            imo.
                            Spoiler:
                            duplicate. Torri said she will be in four episodes but technically in two
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

imo.
                              Spoiler:
                              duplicate. Torri said she will be in four episodes but technically in two
                              Yeh but that doesn't kinda make sense. They said TMC will be Elizabeth's episode and if it's going to be
                              Spoiler:
                              just a duplicate, then I'll be very very pissed. Maybe the duplicate will say she was killed.

Aargh, I need an anti hug.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                                Yeh but that doesn't kinda make sense. They said TMC will be Elizabeth's episode and if it's going to be
                                Spoiler:
                                just a duplicate, then I'll be very very pissed. Maybe the duplicate will say she was killed.

Aargh, I need an anti hug.
                                anti hugging in progress

she was in Adrift and Lifeline. It makes two and we know what Torri said...
                                Stolen Kosovo
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X