Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
    Is this Strike Breaking (AKA Scabbing and Blacklegging in the UK, Oh the memories!!) or are JM and his cronies not part of the Unions?
    I believe to have read that JM and his croonies aren't members of the WGA.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Is this Strike Breaking (AKA Scabbing and Blacklegging in the UK, Oh the memories!!) or are JM and his cronies not part of the Unions?
      I don't think it is because it's filmed in canada and isn't apart of the writers guild of america. i think it's apart of the writers guild of canada.However if it'a a solidarity strike then it will affect atlantis ,joe is apart of the SAG

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I believe to have read that JM and his croonies aren't members of the WGA.
        They probably weren't deemed worthy to join

Comment

Originally posted by silkie View Post
          *snort*

Comment

never the less, i have a very strong feeling that stargate atlantis will benefit greatly from this strike.

Comment

I think SGA writers have gone on strike about a year ago and the crappy stories in Season 4 are a result

Comment

On the current crop of scripts I'll agree, if the deal with script writers not getting any extra in the DVD/Internet/Phones deal, surely the Canadian unions would come out in sympathy, or is that unique to British Unions?

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  I think SGA writers have gone on strike about a year ago and the crappy stories in Season 4 are a result
                  So that's the reason

Comment

Guys, let's take it easy on the name calling please. 'JM and his cronies' isn't very nice. And the writers' strike is a very serious issue that affects peoples' lives and livelyhoods.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      And the writers' strike is a very serious issue that affects peoples' lives and livelyhoods.
                      The whole of Hollywood or so I read...

Comment

The whole of Hollywood or so I read...
                        the last writers strike costed hollywood over 500 million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by scififreak23 View Post
                          the last writers strike costed hollywood over 500 million dollars.
                          Then I suggest that the writer's demands get looked at and resolved as soon as possible.

Comment

Then I suggest that the writer's demands get looked at and resolved as soon as possible.
                            i know it lasted 22 weeks in 1988.they should just give the writers a cut of the money that they make on the dvd and webisodes.the writers took part in creating them and they deserve to get the money that they should be recieving from it. Like i said, if the strike lasts more than 11 weeks and all thats on is reality tv shows and reruns, atlantis will benifet due to the fact that it will be the only show to have new episodes on friday nights. mark my words, atlantis will get a season 6 from this.

Comment

She's been infected with the 'Sheppard syndrome'. Symptoms may include: Tendency towards insubordination, slopyness at work, all kinds of dereliction of duty and Kirk-like behavior.
                              I swear, if Sam starts kirking around, I will break something... or worse! She's supposed to be married to Jack *hmpf* Although nothing they can do will set right how much they screwed that one up.

First have to watch TR, and then there's most likely another fic in the works. And thus I keep writing and my Kate stays alive and well.
                              You go! I love how all the Sparky writers seem determined to write Sparky scenes for every episode, while TPTB obviously have decided to ignore that there ever was a character called Elizabeth...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                                You go!
                                Yay, I'm going... to write... and I should.

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                                I love how all the Sparky writers seem determined to write Sparky scenes for every episode, while TPTB obviously have decided to ignore that there ever was a character called Elizabeth...
                                Hey, I could do that too with Kate.... *ponders*

Beckett got a mention in TR.

Comment

Working...
                                X