Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is going to have tons of furniture before this season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      I hope all SGA fans realize that on the scale of 1 to 10, they mean less than zero to TPTB. It's all SG1 fans all the time baby.
      That much is clear to me. Even TH mentions it in the interview... sad, very sad

Originally posted by alyssa
      I find a certain comment from Torri in her interview pretty awful, too. She's wonderfully positive and diplomatic, but this comment sums it all up, in particular, the bolded part:

GW: What can you tell us about the circumstances that led to the decision to have you recurring?

TH: I can tell you nothing. [Laughter] I wasn't a part of the decision, so I can tell you nothing about what their process was. I can hypothesize. To be honest, to be frank -- and I don't judge them for it -- I believe that there is a loyalty to the [SG-1] people and when they knew that show was ending they tried to find a way to keep the people they'd been loyal to for ten years alive, and I absolutely admire that. There is a lot of loyalty to this business. I think that's very great, and very gracious of them.
      I was like "Holy hell!!" ... had to go back and read it again before it sank in completely... I am so **** off at the moment I'm not sure I can write anything positive about SGA.

I have been in a squee-mode for the past few days thanks to the appearance of Heightmeyer in Doppelganger, but not even my fave psychologist can help me here. I am disappointed beyond belief and angry and my hatred towards Carter has risen to the point where it says "with a vengeance". And since AT is the one portraying the character I can't even stand the sight of her either. I'm at boiling-point.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      Okay - here's today's challenge - green to infinity for the first person who finds a picture of a papa-san chair for the anti cave. The couch won't do it for me anymore, I want someplace I can curl up into fetal position and mourn the loss of my favorite character and my favorite show.
      Here you go sweetie...

SGA just died for me. That incredible interview with Torri (and may I say she has more style and grace than most people I know) was the final nail in the coffin.
      Yeah, I'm with you. I was just wondering if it was worth it to spend my precious download-limit on SGA, while I can very well spend it on awesome shows such as Bones and NCIS.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Here you go sweetie...

Since I can't green you for real, I'll do it here......

GREEN TO INFINITY & BEYOND

Snuggles into fetal position with her blankie and cries herself to sleep...
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          Will this do. I know it needs some work . . . and it definitely isn't big enough. LOL.

I've never heard of a papasan chair. I've seen them, just didn't know what they were called. Goggle is a wonderful thing.

You get GREEN TO INFINITY too!

God knows we're going to need more than one of them. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who's curled up in a ball right now!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

God knows we're going to need more than one of them. I have a feeling I'm not the only one who's curled up in a ball right now!
            We're going to need more couches! Ooo! And some recliners too.

Comment

I just read both interviews and here's the couches I need to lay down

I am very angry right now
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Felt this needed to make another appearance:

Spoiler:

Comment

And Torri's comment about her not having much to do and them thinking "why are we paying this chick" is interesting. Does that mean that Amanda's going to have more to do, or do they just not have a problem with paying her to stand around and do the same amount of work as Torri? What a double standard.
                  Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Got me confused too... I mean, what the frell?!?

It obviously comes down to popularity. Comparing it to highschool, I'd have to say Atlantis is the geek-gang, and SG1 is the cool-gang. I love the geeks better though.

Comment

And the geeks are way cheaper, but that still doesn't save them. I don't get how they could say "Look how much we're paying this chick" and then hire someone who's obviously (from her time spent in the franchise) going to be on way more money than any of their other cast members.

How ridiculous. How can that be value for money when it comes to bums on seats in front of the TV? It can't. I don't think Carter's going to attract that many new viewers, and the loss of Paul and Torri will certainly turn a lot off. What are they left with? Higher costs for the same audience (if they break even.. which it really would serve them right if they didn't!)
                    yes you know i was thinking carter goes of world 3 times and originaly i was like that seems reasonable. then i realised thats out of only 14 eps how does that equate to what weir did last year? it does seem that the new leader will have more character development/story time spent on her than in previous seasons with weir? so why couldnt they have done that with weir?

seriousley arent these interviews supposed to drum up good feelings towards the show. im not seeing much of that at all. maybe they all should refrain from commenting any more as they seem to be doing the opposite, wether they mean to or not
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I throughly enjoyed the interview. She's great, simply, I do hope that she gets another stable job soon, because it's what she deserves.

Among other things, I'd like to remark:

TH:[...]For me, it's a good move because I would rather be somewhere and be working than dipping my toes in every once in a while. That's what I meant by it. [...]

So she knows about the commotion that followed AT's interview. I'm glad she decided to set things straight without mentioning the actual fact. She knew we'll get it. And confirmed what most of us were thinking about that unfortunate quote. Mental GREEN to Torri!!

Comment

I need a drink. Got alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                          *hands over some Grappa*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Yup, I was thinking the same thing. Got me confused too... I mean, what the frell?!?

It obviously comes down to popularity. Comparing it to highschool, I'd have to say Atlantis is the geek-gang, and SG1 is the cool-gang. I love the geeks better though.

And as we all know, the geeks usually wind up ruling the world, while the cool kids end up in rehab or pumping gas at the local Exxon station.

BTW, SciFi is running a season 1 SGA marathon right now. I just watched 38 Minutes, Suspicion and now The Eye is on. I think Hot Zone is a little bit later. Way to go SciFi, remind of how good the show used to be just in time for me to not watch the au version set to premier tonight.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, the love boat has arrived.

Bonus green for those who can name the ship and see the double meaning.

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                                How about this? It looks awfully good to me. LOL

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X