Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    TPTB said recently that the Atlantis characters "haven't really gelled yet" or something of the sort. To which I point at episodes such as Inferno, Irresistable, Game, Aurora, and the upcoming Harmony, which place most to all of the emphasis on the Shep&McKay dynamic to the detriment of everyone else, and retort "duh."
    When I first joined this board, I remember reading someone's opinion that TPTB focus on Shep and McKay because one (the anti-hero who always gets the girl) is the guy they wish they were and the other (nerdy computer geek) is the guy they most resemble. I think there may be some truth to this. LOL.

TPTB have no one to blame but themselves if the characters haven't gelled yet because (1) they keep playing musical chairs with the characters and (2) the characters seem to change willy-nilly to fit the storyline rather than the other way around.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      When I first joined this board, I remember reading someone's opinion that TPTB focus on Shep and McKay because one (the anti-hero who always gets the girl) is the guy they wish they were and the other (nerdy computer geek) is the guy they most resemble. I think there may be some truth to this. LOL.

TPTB have no one to blame but themselves if the characters haven't gelled yet because (1) they keep playing musical chairs with the characters and (2) the characters seem to change willy-nilly to fit the storyline rather than the other way around.
      Finally somebody out it into words! That's exactly what I think, but couldn't phrase I agree with everything you said. I am so finished with SGA.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

<snip>
        well you got to wonder. the spoilers say that this year there will be more character moments... and i say so what?

maybe if they had done this earlier like everyone wanted the show would have 'gelled more'... that being said i think things were going along fine till the massive cast changes... and as we all know... massive cast changes are the best way to help the character's gel
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

IMHO, McKay is inserted in storylines where he logically doesn't belong specifically for this reason. Neither Teyla or Ronon are big on banter or even meaningful dialogue, their method of communicating is mostly visual, i.e., snarling or frowing with an occasional eyebrow raise. So when the team is not in the city, McKay has to be there for the story to move along.
          Agreed. IMO, the minute Ford left the show, the Sheppard and McKay show was born. But, as I said elsewhere, I would still prefer that to the Samantha Carter show.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            Agreed. IMO, the minute Ford left the show, the Sheppard and McKay show was born. But, as I said elsewhere, I would still prefer that to the Samantha Carter show.
            Never thought of it that way, but you're probably right. Shep needed a sidekick/wingman and when Ford didn't "gel", McKay was slotted into the spot. As an outsider, Ronon couldn't immediately take Ford's place and Teyla being a woman and all .

The problem is that McKay, as written, is the last person you would want handling a weapon of any kind. I laughed in the Tao of Rodney, when he went off-world with the team to rescue another team that was pinned down by the Wraith. Obviously the sequence was set to show Rodney's powers beginning to develop, but logically ? . . . GMAB. LOL.
            sigpic

Comment

The enemy of the enemy is my friend.

I don't like the McKay/Sheppard-show any more than the Carter-show, but as I said the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

anything is better then the Sam show
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Oh dear! just read through the harmony thread.

John & Rodney are "smitten" by the sisters. pleeeeeeeeeeeease can't two adults, of the male persuation not interact with women without being "smitten"??

sheesh does stargate revolve around a book of cliches? whats the odds that the sisters 'hooters' are overflowing there corsetted dresses.

maybe we of the antiness should have a cliche spreadsheet ready for season 4. im pretty sure we'd hit them all

and oh my god the news has driven me to use the word hooters, i think i maybe loosing my mind somebody round here got a tequila slammer next to the anti-couch?
                  sigpic
                  banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                    Oh dear! just read through the harmony thread.

John & Rodney are "smitten" by the sisters. pleeeeeeeeeeeease can't two adults, of the male persuation not interact with women without being "smitten"??

sheesh does stargate revolve around a book of cliches? whats the odds that the sisters 'hooters' are overflowing there corsetted dresses.

maybe we of the antiness should have a cliche spreadsheet ready for season 4. im pretty sure we'd hit them all

and oh my god the news has driven me to use the word hooters, i think i maybe loosing my mind somebody round here got a tequila slammer next to the anti-couch?
                    I can see it now...

SCENE: McKay and Sheppard walk into a busy marketplace with various produce. Many people are walking amongst the booths.

MCKAY: Look at the melons in this marketplace! I'm famished!

SHEPPARD: [looking at busty blonde] Heh heh, you said 'melons'
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                      I can see it now...

SCENE: McKay and Sheppard walk into a busy marketplace with various produce. Many people are walking amongst the booths.

LOL. It's only funny because its so sad.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Just read GW's article on Harmony. Sounds like landfiller.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                          <snip>and oh my god the news has driven me to use the word hooters, i think i maybe loosing my mind somebody round here got a tequila slammer next to the anti-couch?
                          hehe i prefer the word Boobies myself hehe

and man there are a lot people around here that are boobs! i had to report two personal attacks today! sheesh.
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                            I can see it now...

LMAO. Come on now, tell the truth. Did you get a sneak peak at the script? Because I can so see this playing out on my screen exactly as written (well, if I planned to watch that is).

If nothing else, the TPTB certainly are predictable. I wonder if they'll squeeze in a foursome. That would be new and definitely character building.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just took a look at the article. Why did I have the feeling I was reading the summary to a fanfic which I wouldn't even be reading let alone watching if I wasn't so darn hooked to the show that it's so hard to let go.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Just took a look at the article. Why did I have the feeling I was reading the summary to a fanfic which I wouldn't even be reading let alone watching if I wasn't so darn hooked to the show that it's so hard to let go.
                                most fanfic is better then that!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X