Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Hehehehe.... as long as we try and steer it back on topic we're good.
    hehehehehehe
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I agree. So we know the drill, we're the antis, the most unwanted, the ones who don't recognize the greatnes that are tptb. What else is new? On we might get one more couch.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        I agree. So we know the drill, we're the antis, the most unwanted, the ones who don't recognize the greatnes that are tptb. What else is new? On we might get one more couch.
        We may need more then 1 new couch!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
          We'll be needing a whole lot more space first... But I guess that's relative.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
            Come September 28, I think we're going to need to buy a furniture store. Or maybe that won't happen until all the clueless fans find out Liz is a goner. My son, for example, who I use as a test for what the average fan thinks, doesn't know any spoilers. He hasn't even seen the promos. He knows there will be cast changes, but not what. And he said to me that he knows it won't involve Weir because I'm not "upset enough". An oscar for Mom. Boy will he be surprised. Along with a bunch of other people. Because noone will believe that they can be stupid enough to get rid of their lead actress who plays a unique part.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Your son is in for a rude awakening. Unless he doesn't care about Carter being there of course. Has he got a favorite character?

Comment

Oh I totally hope all those great inovative creative changes blow into their faces.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Sigh, I just read the sides for "Harmony" on LJ. Yet another Shep&McKay episode with them helping Medieval babes. Smells like we have a Tower/Game redux on our hands...

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    Sigh, I just read the sides for "Harmony" on LJ. Yet another Shep&McKay episode with them helping Medieval babes. Smells like we have a Tower/Game redux on our hands...
                    Oh no... *groan*

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Your son is in for a rude awakening. Unless he doesn't care about Carter being there of course. Has he got a favorite character?
                      I doubt it. He'd probably say McKay. He just wants stuff to blow up.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh goodie. Because you know Shep and McKay need a little more bonding time. And there are just never enough babes to spice up the story.
                        sigpic

Comment

What babe? Jodelle is 12, you can hardly considered her as a babe The others probably will be there only few minutes in the beginning.
                          And I am glad. I didn´t like Game too much but with little luck could this one be Defiant one episode, which I´d like to see. And I also hope this won´t be any Tower nr. 2.
                          And I ´d like to see real "bonding" episode. Some "funny" teasing between them, where Sheppard humiliates McKay isn´t "bonding" for me.

oops, I am in anti-S4 thread, right? Sorry, I am anti-Carter, not anti-S4 so...OK, I am gone now and never been here *runs away*

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

TPTB said recently that the Atlantis characters "haven't really gelled yet" or something of the sort. To which I point at episodes such as Inferno, Irresistable, Game, Aurora, and the upcoming Harmony, which place most to all of the emphasis on the Shep&McKay dynamic to the detriment of everyone else, and retort "duh."

Comment

TPTB said recently that the Atlantis characters "haven't really gelled yet" or something of the sort. To which I point at episodes such as Inferno, Irresistable, Game, Aurora, and the upcoming Harmony, which place most to all of the emphasis on the Shep&McKay dynamic to the detriment of everyone else, and retort "duh."
                              I see your "duh" and raise you one. So who's fault is it if they haven't gelled? And by whose standards? I think they have gelled plenty. If TPTB think the character that they created and write haven't gelled why did they have Sheppard in Sateda
                              Spoiler:
                              going on about family and including Weir and Beckett in his list?
                              It's just mindboggling sometimes.

And Harmony must be the funny episode JM mentioned recently. That's enough right there to scare me off. I love the John/Rodney show. Not in a slashy way. ewww But this just sounds like another excuse for large breasted women and adolescent humor. Though both of them with the kid should be great for various reasons. Remember the chemistry between JF and the little girl in Epiphany. Best thing about that one. So once again...I'm ambivalent.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
                                What babe? Jodelle is 12, you can hardly considered her as a babe The others probably will be there only few minutes in the beginning.
                                And I am glad. I didn´t like Game too much but with little luck could this one be Defiant one episode, which I´d like to see. And I also hope this won´t be any Tower nr. 2.
                                And I ´d like to see real "bonding" episode. Some "funny" teasing between them, where Sheppard humiliates McKay isn´t "bonding" for me.

oops, I am in anti-S4 thread, right? Sorry, I am anti-Carter, not anti-S4 so...OK, I am gone now and never been here *runs away*

Hey, no problem. Not everyone here hates every aspect of season 4. Some are on the fence, and some are even planning on watching some or all of it.

The fact is that the only relationship that's been explored on SGA is the one between Sheppard and McKay. Although I don't know if trading snark is really exploring a relationship, but they do get the lion's share of the dialogue (whether it's meaninful or not, is another story).

IMHO, McKay is inserted in storylines where he logically doesn't belong specifically for this reason. Neither Teyla or Ronon are big on banter or even meaningful dialogue, their method of communicating is mostly visual, i.e., snarling or frowing with an occasional eyebrow raise. So when the team is not in the city, McKay has to be there for the story to move along.
                                Last edited by nowvoyager908; 19 August 2007, 10:10 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X