Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gads i hate keller
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      gads i hate keller
      LOL, that was random. Check out my sig.

Personally I don't mind Keller, just introducing her could have been done better. In the first place, they shouldn't kill of Carson. Because dude, if someone close to you dies, you forget him the day after? I don't think so.

I'd go for widening the cast, not replacing/reducing. It's all in the money IMO, they probably have low budget.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
        ...<snip>
        Because dude, if someone close to you dies, you forget him the day after? I don't think so.

I'd go for widening the cast, not replacing/reducing.
        <snip>
        I agree with you on this. Just a little acknowledging of the fact that Carson was gone, I don't mean every episode since he's been gone; but at least the next 2/3? Hey people do have to move on, and in a high stress volatile environment like Atlantis, I can see why they won't be sitting around the table and weeping about every loss. But, he was an integral part of the "top tier". Close to almost every one of them.

Even if they did replace, acknowledge the fact that they're being replaced on the show ... ala Dr. Who. Heck even SG1. They brought up Jack numerous times. Granted the circumstances were different, but the approach could've placated legions of fans.
        sig made by me

Comment

High stress? I think tptb should check out the pilot episode of Battlestar galactica. That is high stress.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I'd go for widening the cast, not replacing/reducing. It's all in the money IMO, they probably have low budget.
            Agreed. And Carter must be quite expensive to SGA.
            sigpic

Comment

You're probably right about the budget being on the low side. To make matters worse, I'm sure most other shows don't blow beaucoup dollars on CGI. That probably shrinks the "cast salary" piece of the pie even further.

Maybe they have to decide which is more important - the cast dynamic or the explosions. LOL. Who am I kidding, I think we all know what wins that battle.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                You're probably right about the budget being on the low side. To make matters worse, I'm sure most other shows don't blow beaucoup dollars on CGI. That probably shrinks the "cast salary" piece of the pie even further.

Maybe they have to decide which is more important - the cast dynamic or the explosions. LOL. Who am I kidding, I think we all know what wins that battle.
                Yeah, I'm not too fond of too much CGI effects. And when I was watching FS, when the bomb was dispatched and went towards the planet, I was literally sleeping. Cause I really, really don't need to see how a missile closes to the planet in about 1 minute. (friend said it's for suspense but I was like )

Comment

What I enjoy are the people - conversations, relationships, banter, bickering... I could do without fancy explosions.

Comment

LOL, that was random. Check out my sig.

Personally I don't mind Keller, just introducing her could have been done better. In the first place, they shouldn't kill of Carson. Because dude, if someone close to you dies, you forget him the day after? I don't think so.

i am nothing if not random hehe

i think i have just stumbled across her in a fanfic

i am just so tired how everyone loves her and sam

makes me feel ill

first they ruined my show now my fanfic
                    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I watch Doctor Who so that tells you how important explosions are
                      Doctor Who handled losing someone important beautifully. I don't expect the same from sga.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'm falling in love with Battlestar Galactica as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Umm I loved it up to a point and was obsessed but then I think they should have stuck with 13 episodes. Another show that handled death so much better than sga.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Well I only started watching it (yep I know I'm very much behind everybody) but it's different and I like that. The beginning is very promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Season 1 is currently showing on TV over here, and me and my sister, we're totally hooked. Just two days ago, I ordered seasons 1 & 2 (including the miniseries) on DVD.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i despise bsg

but supernatural comes out on dvd soon!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X