Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    What? Carter got promoted - again????
    Yes, to full-bird, effectively replacing also Sheppard as the military leader in Atlantis. I call that killing two birds with one stone. Replacing Weir as the leader is the other bird.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yes, to full-bird, effectively replacing also Sheppard as the military leader in Atlantis. I call that killing two birds with one stone. Replacing Weir as the leader is the other bird.
      Both Prion & PG15 has detailed description of the clip up thread.
      Last edited by justhere1971; 10 August 2007, 06:45 AM. Reason: had problem w/ the whole number thing ;P
      sig made by me

Comment

Did anyone think Elizabet sounded weird when she said "we are leaving this planet", is that new?

Also Larrin sounds like Elizabeth.

All in all I don't care about the trailer, oh the bitterness is still there.
        Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 09 August 2007, 03:51 PM.
        sigpic
        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

^I'm pretty sure that line was just from "First Strike".

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Since I'm not an american, i don't know what that means, except that she outranks him, right?
            Full-bird means she's a Colonel, while Sheppard is one rank below her, a Lieutenant-Colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
              ^I'm pretty sure that line was just from "First Strike".
              Well it was new..to me. I didn't watch First Strike or at least I watched scenes that I could tolerate in youtube.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                Well it was new..to me. I didn't watch First Strike or at least I watched scenes that I could tolerate in youtube.

Yes, that line was from FS -- made me sad to hear her voice like that. It's breaks ever so slightly at the end.
                sig made by me

Comment

There weren't that many new scenes, and I think PG15 is right about that line, though I'd have to rewatch First Strike to be sure.

Comment

From RL's recent interview regarding the new baddies:

"Oh gosh, the new villains. We encounter one in particular in Missing and they are called the Bola Kai.And you know what I like in them? I don't know if you watched Serenity, but they are sort of a tamed down version of the Reavers with a little more humanity. At least in their mythology. It is the same kind of brutality, it is the potential cannabilism."

Oh man, and I was hoping for something a little more...I dunno...original?

Also, after watching the latest s4 trailer I'm seeing Larrin more and more as a Vala clone. First she's a total bad ass and forced a smooch on Shep, now she's making sexual insults at him. Charming.
                    Last edited by ToasterOnFire; 09 August 2007, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Anonymous #1 writes: “Will Shep's ex wife be mentioned in the backstory?”

Answer: She will be making an appearance.

Mahahahahaha. I guess the people that said his backstory will have to do with his wife were kind of right. And yet they got told to stfu.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        From RL's recent interview regarding the new baddies:

"Oh gosh, the new villains. We encounter one in particular in Missing and they are called the Bola Kai.And you know what I like in them? I don't know if you watched Serenity, but they are sort of a tamed down version of the Reavers with a little more humanity. At least in their mythology. It is the same kind of brutality, it is the potential cannabilism."

Oh man, and I was hoping for something a little more...I dunno...original?
                        Oh man, so stealing ideas from Buffy/Angel isn't enough they now steal from Firefly/Serenity. *paint me surprised* Pity they can't steal Joss Whedon's writing skills and his sense of irony.

Also, after watching the latest s4 trailer I'm seeing Larrin more and more as a Vala clone. First she's a total bad ass and forced a smooch on Shep, now she's making sexual insults at him. Charming.
                        I am glad I am not the only one. I thought maybe I was overreacting to that very small snipped but really it seems tptb DO only have a couple of takes on male, female interaction... we get to see the embarrassing Male/Female flirty kind where she belittles his manhood and he retreats into being a big baby. Oh yay!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          Anonymous #1 writes: “Will Shep's ex wife be mentioned in the backstory?”

Answer: She will be making an appearance.

Mahahahahaha. I guess the people that said his backstory will have to do with his wife were kind of right. And yet they got told to stfu.
                          Well saying it and actually making it interesting is another matter. I found the whole Ronon *wife* thing boring and a little confusing. Also for the most part tptb never mention these things again (one small reference in Sunday and that is it) so why bother at all?

Also the fact tptb threw out the line about his wife was like a big sign saying next season we will deal with his wife... so subtle.

Comment

From JM's blog:
                            Promogirl writes: “If we get a season 5 (fingers crossed) are there plans to keep Carter and Keller around?”

Answer: We’re not even thinking about season 5 right now. But if and when we do get the pick up, given everything we’ve seen so far, we would very much like to have both of them back.
                            Well, I would very much like having Weir back!

Comment

Well, the Comic-Con video says it all: SGA-1. They're merging the shows, as we've been suggesting all along.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                                I am glad I am not the only one. I thought maybe I was overreacting to that very small snipped but really it seems tptb DO only have a couple of takes on male, female interaction... we get to see the embarrassing Male/Female flirty kind where she belittles his manhood and he retreats into being a big baby. Oh yay!
                                Ugh. I find women making crude jokes about a man's sexuality just as crass and juvenile as men pulling out the "time of the month" jokes around women. Yuck. I hated it when Vala did that to Daniel. And TPTB must have thought that was such a great setup that they shipped them together! *headdesk*

I've never been a big fan of the "rude and distant hot babe who ultimately falls for Our Hero" cliche anyway. It's fantasy fulfillment for all those RL desired women in high school or college who were rude, mean, and otherwise never gave the time of day to the guys who pined after them.

Comment

Working...
                                X