Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Wouldn't that mean, you also had to cover your ears a little? I mean, you may not see them but you will still hear them.
    I thought about that. I'll just "lalala" really loud. I don't care what hubby says. Besides he's still partially deaf from the last time I squeed at this show. *tries to remember that far back*
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I thought about that. I'll just "lalala" really loud. I don't care what hubby says. Besides he's still partially deaf from the last time I squeed at this show. *tries to remember that far back*
      LOL
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don’t have any doubt in my mind that Elizabeth is gone for good. I’m not going to watch season 4 on the off chance that they might have a change of heart and bring her or Carson back if there is a season 5.

In my mind, bringing the characters back full-time would be an admission by TPTB that a mistake was made, and I don’t know if many PTB (not just Stargate) have the humility and good grace to make such an admission. I doubt they would admit it privately, so a public mea culpa is definitely not on the agenda. LOL.

And I agree that bringing Carson back for 2 episodes is the equivalent of throwing a dog a bone (though I am in no way comparing Beckett fans to canines of any shape or form. )

Maybe the “great unwashed” won’t notice or care that Weir and Beckett are out. Before I found this site back in January, I was a “casual viewer” and believe me, I would have noticed that two of my favorite characters were sent packing. That unwelcome news is what transformed me from “casual” to “seriously pissed” in the first place.

Regardless of the eventual outcome, the cause is worth fighting for. And if nothing else, we’ve had some great conversations (and laughed a little bit) over the last couple of months.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          Regardless of the eventual outcome, the cause is worth fighting for. And if nothing else, we’ve had some great conversations (and laughed a little bit) over the last couple of months.
          Hail to that!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
            I don’t have any doubt in my mind that Elizabeth is gone for good. I’m not going to watch season 4 on the off chance that they might have a change of heart and bring her or Carson back if there is a season 5.

In my mind, bringing the characters back full-time would be an admission by TPTB that a mistake was made, and I don’t know if many PTB (not just Stargate) have the humility and good grace to make such an admission. I doubt they would admit it privately, so a public mea culpa is definitely not on the agenda. LOL.

And I agree that bringing Carson back for 2 episodes is the equivalent of throwing a dog a bone (though I am in no way comparing Beckett fans to canines of any shape or form. )

Maybe the “great unwashed” won’t notice or care that Weir and Beckett are out. Before I found this site back in January, I was a “casual viewer” and believe me, I would have noticed that two of my favorite characters were sent packing. That unwelcome news is what transformed me from “casual” to “seriously pissed” in the first place.

I second that!!!

I went through few phases: from enthusiastic viewer, towards seriously pissed ending with no viewer at all - the third one is comming really soon. LOL I watched SGA because of the characters, Elizabeth being my favourite character, and Carson close behind. With two of them gone (no I'm not buying that 2 episodes guest starring, that is load of nothing) I don't have interest in the show. I'd probbably feel the pain not seeing them there,a nd watching the rest of the team and some unwellcome newcommers having great time. No thank you.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Hail to that!
              Antis and Save campaigners are the only reason I haven't phased out yet.
              sigpic

Comment

I know the feeling, mcbarr!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  Antis and Save campaigners are the only reason I haven't phased out yet.
                  Yeppers mcbarr, I get more enjoyment out of the Antis and Save campaigner threads than I do watching the show. Then again, it could be because I've lost my two fave characters--my very reason for watching the show--that I no longer care about the adventures of Rodney and John!

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                    Yeppers mcbarr, I get more enjoyment out of the Antis and Save campaigner threads than I do watching the show. Then again, it could be because I've lost my two fave characters--my very reason for watching the show--that I no longer care about the adventures of Rodney and John!
                    Well spoken. I feel the same way. For me Carson was a huge part of why I liked Atlantis, without him and Weir something is missing. It doesn't feel complete anymore.
                    sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                    Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                      Exactly. The caracters that brought something new and different to the show are gone. What's left to watch? Bunch of boys with toys. There is plenty of that in other shows... so....

Originally posted by BeckettRulez View Post
                      Well spoken. I feel the same way. For me Carson was a huge part of why I liked Atlantis, without him and Weir something is missing. It doesn't feel complete anymore.
                      It's like you rip out someone's heart and soul. Or to put it in Harry Potter terms, something close to Dementor kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Exactly. The caracters that brought something new and different to the show are gone. What's left to watch? Bunch of boys with toys. There is plenty of that in other shows... so....

It's like you rip out someone's heart and soul. Or to put it in Harry Potter terms, something close to Dementor kiss.
                        Well, in that case we need a "expecto patronum" *thinkingofhappythoughts* -> Carson in his quarters, listening to bagpipes, while Elizabeth argues with Rodney again+ ending of season 3 not happening at all
                        sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                        Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          Guys Black Hawk finished her film. They are made of awesome. I laughed so much.
                          ROFL - did you all see JM actually posted in the blog?
                          sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                            ROFL - did you all see JM actually posted in the blog?
                            Yes, I saw that, and didn't I say he would get it? Well, I meant to. It's too bad some of his blog friends don't. Pretty sad that folks in an "anti" thread have a better sense of humor than the so-called "pros". Or at least some of them. I say let's all laugh at ourselves and move on. Lord knows my shipper group has taken its share of hits. Yet we are still around. Okay, maybe that means we're nuts, but I like nuts. Though I am allergic to cashews.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Yes, I saw that, and didn't I say he would get it? Well, I meant to. It's too bad some of his blog friends don't. Pretty sad that folks in an "anti" thread have a better sense of humor than the so-called "pros". Or at least some of them. I say let's all laugh at ourselves and move on. Lord knows my shipper group has taken its share of hits. Yet we are still around. Okay, maybe that means we're nuts, but I like nuts. Though I am allergic to cashews.
                              I am proud to be in the same bag of nuts as you all... SPARKY RULEZ.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                                I am proud to be in the same bag of nuts as you all... SPARKY RULEZ.
                                And clearly we can kick ass too judging by the video. lol.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X