Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree with you guys (yes, again).

Season 1 was in my mind, the best. I could watch those episodes over and over again and never get bored.

Season 2 was hit or miss. I watched every episode when it aired, but season 2 is now in syndication and I find myself not caring more often than not.

Season 3 was also hit or miss. (Lucius Lavin any one? ) And I'm having a hard time remembering all the wondrous character development in season 3 . . . whatever little we did learn came at the expense of one Dr. Carson Beckett. Was "Yeah, I was married once" supposed to be some lightning bolt of understanding from the script gods?

As I said once before, these guys don't write this show for me anymore. Whatever they have to say is just static.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      I have to agree with you guys (yes, again).

Season 1 was in my mind, the best. I could watch those episodes over and over again and never get bored.

Season 2 was hit or miss. I watched every episode when it aired, but season 2 is now in syndication and I find myself not caring more often than not.

Season 3 was also hit or miss. (Lucius Lavin any one? ) And I'm having a hard time remembering all the wondrous character development in season 3 . . . whatever little we did learn came at the expense of one Dr. Carson Beckett. Was "Yeah, I was married once" supposed to be some lightning bolt of understanding from the script gods?

As I said once before, these guys don't write this show for me anymore. Whatever they have to say is just static.
      Mental green for you. I'm the same way. I even watched S1 in syndication, now S2 is showing on Sat afternoon and I don't even check to see which one is on. I've even found when doing vids that I use more S1 because I know those so well. S2 is a close second and there are some S3 eps that I've watched only once.

I guess those of us here are in the minority though. I wish I knew what most people think. Their market research results sound whacked to me too.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        This little bit of the Gero interview left me puzzled. Anyone have any ideas?

"But give us the benefit of the doubt. With the comings and goings of cast, people assume that we're doing it just because of a whim of storytelling. I just came into the office one morning and I was like "You know what? I've got this great idea but it only works if we kill Beckett." And everyone's like "OK! Sure! Let's do it!" Same with Rainbow. There's a greater political thing. This is about a bunch of people who need to work smoothly together for things to work."

I thought they have always been just one big happy family. *is confused*

I agree with Anuna on this one. I think the politics he's talking about has little to do with what happens within the confines of the show or the cast, but rather from outside the "big happy family".

I bet that with SG1 coming to an end, TPTB were give some kind of ultimatum by MGM or SciFi or whoever to make certain changes, i.e., (1) bring someone over from SG1 and (2) get some pretty little thing to keep the teenage boys happy (because apparently one woman in tight clothing is just not enough these days).

Wasn't it reported that PM was told his character was getting the ax to "shake things up". Either that was a creative decision on the part of TPTB or a creative decision forced on them by a higher authority. Same with Weir.

There's never been any rumor of problems on the set, and with the intense level of "investment" some fans have with Stargate, I bet any rumors would have hit GW by this time. (Unless TPTB considered TH trying to have some mention of Carson's death included in a script a treasonous act punishable by banishment to Ford land. LOL)

The bottom line for me is that whatever the reason, the show they're producing for season 4 is not a show I want to see. Whether that is the fault of TPTB or some other shadowy figure is immaterial.
        sigpic

Comment

Mental green for you. I'm the same way. I even watched S1 in syndication, now S2 is showing on Sat afternoon and I don't even check to see which one is on. I've even found when doing vids that I use more S1 because I know those so well. S2 is a close second and there are some S3 eps that I've watched only once.

I guess those of us here are in the minority though. I wish I knew what most people think. Their market research results sound whacked to me too.

I'm not sure most people know what to think. Sometimes I think the fans are being manipulated by TPTB. I know I sound like some big conspiracy nut (too much X-Files), but I consider it just a healthy skepticism.
          sigpic

Comment

Guys Black Hawk finished her film. They are made of awesome. I laughed so much.

Originally posted by Black Hawk View Post
            Hey everyone!

Thanks so much for your help and support! Moe Jacuzzi's blog is such fun. And now for the payoff (I hope)! The fan film SHIPPER WARS is finally done. This is a film made specifically for those "in the know," as it were, of the Atlantis internet community.

I hope you enjoy, though it may upset a few so I stuck a note on the beginning. Please keep in mind that it is a satire/parody, like the blog.

Shipper Wars

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7rhTIqJKas
            Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SvndWjaUgQ
            Part 3: http://youtube.com/watch?v=MPm5pPHxrGs

And for those interested, Mr. Jacuzzi mentions the film in his latest blog entry: http://moejacuzzi.blogspot.com/

The challenge now is how to tell Joe Mallozzi about the whole thing. I guess I should just post a comment on his blog!

May you all be well and wish me luck so that I don't get assassinated by the Mafia and angry fans... Much love!
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
              I'm not sure most people know what to think. Sometimes I think the fans are being manipulated by TPTB. I know I sound like some big conspiracy nut (too much X-Files), but I consider it just a healthy skepticism.
              I think the tptb likes to keep the fans waiting and excited.
              If they succed to make SG-1 fans watch SGA then they have accomplished the goal of this whole publicity. Everywhere I look I see something about Carter, but nothing about Weir; they already forgot about her! Carson is mentioned to make outraged fans feel better that he'll be back, nothing more.

I guess that's the point, they want people to swallow the changes as quickly as possible and increase ratings.
              It's just business and of course it doesn't make any sense from our POV.
              sigpic

Comment

This little bit of the Gero interview left me puzzled. Anyone have any ideas?

"But give us the benefit of the doubt. With the comings and goings of cast, people assume that we're doing it just because of a whim of storytelling. I just came into the office one morning and I was like "You know what? I've got this great idea but it only works if we kill Beckett." And everyone's like "OK! Sure! Let's do it!" Same with Rainbow. There's a greater political thing. This is about a bunch of people who need to work smoothly together for things to work."

I thought they have always been just one big happy family. *is confused*
                Why are you confused? It is TV and it is a business. Actors are just fodder, they do not call it the cattle call for nothing.

I am not saying tptb are entirely to blame for the changes in cast I think SciFi had some influence but in the end they (Bridge Studios/MGM) are the ones who put this show out so of course the buck stops with them. I think we can only say they didn't go out of their way to stop the changes from occurring. At least it doesn't seem like it to me.

Like many others though, I do have a problem with what seems like talk to just placate fans of the actors/characters. I think we all know now that neither Torri or Paul will do a "Michael Shanks" and return permanently. If you do you are only going to be disappointed.

Putting my own personal wants aside, that "talk" from tptb (about no one ever dies and sure if the right story/script comes along for that character ) hurts the show, it is worse then the talk about Ford and even worse then the Jonas situation which is bad enough. And now it would seem foolish to think tptb will outs Carter if they have a choice.

To me there are no winners here except Carter/SG-1 fans. That bods well for SGA....

Martin Gero's interview did nothing to allay my fears for season 4, he may have added to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                  *snip*

Like many others though, I do have a problem with what seems like talk to just placate fans of the actors/characters. I think we all know now that neither Torri or Paul will do a "Michael Shanks" and return permanently. If you do you are only going to be disappointed.
                  Thank you for voicing what I've thought since the news started spreading out. There are so many people who are confident she'll be back permanently for s5. (if there's s5, mind you ) This way I'm prepared for the worst, if that doesn't happen then I'd be pleasantly surprised, but I don't think that will be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
                    I think the tptb likes to keep the fans waiting and excited.
                    If they succed to make SG-1 fans watch SGA then they have accomplished the goal of this whole publicity. Everywhere I look I see something about Carter, but nothing about Weir; they already forgot about her! Carson is mentioned to make outraged fans feel better that he'll be back, nothing more.

I guess that's the point, they want people to swallow the changes as quickly as possible and increase ratings.
                    Why are you confused? It is TV and it is a business. Actors are just fodder, they do not call it the cattle call for nothing.

I am not saying tptb are entirely to blame for the changes in cast I think SciFi had some influence but in the end they (Bridge Studios/MGM) are the ones who put this show out so of course the buck stops with them. I think we can only say they didn't go out of their way to stop the changes from occurring. At least it doesn't seem like it to me.

Putting my own personal wants aside, that "talk" from tptb (about no one ever dies and sure if the right story/script comes along for that character ) hurts the show, it is worse then the talk about Ford and even worse then the Jonas situation which is bad enough. And now it would seem foolish to think tptb will outs Carter if they have a choice.

To me there are no winners here except Carter/SG-1 fans. That bods well for SGA....

Martin Gero's interview did nothing to allay my fears for season 4, he may have added to them.
                    I wonder why they do something like that? Haven't they learned anything from S9-10. Let's compare the situation
                    SG-1 S9-10
                    1. Jack gone - 2 small (less than 5 mins) cameo in S9, one small cameo in "200" and a slightly bigger role in "Shroud", hardly ever mentioned
                    2. Farscaping SG-1 with Cam and Vala
                    3. Stupid Landry/Lam interaction...
                    SGA S4
                    1. Weir gone - don't expect too much from her episodes on S4 (Jack-like light presences at best)
                    2. Becket gone see 1.
                    3. Carter+Keller=Cam/Landry+Vala in SG-1 S9-10
                    I wonder why they think a similar (heck maybe even worse) "solution" will work this time
                    And let's face it if RDA could have succesfully been replaced (if it would have been handled corectly) by 3 guys Ben, Claudia and Beau I really don't see Amanda (with only 14 episodes) and Jewel (with 6) will be able to successfully replace Torri and Paul...
                    /end rant

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post

Of course it's just business, and it's not made for fans, our oppinions don't matter, remeber? So who cares if we end up dissapointed? As long as ratings are good, it doesn't matter what fans like or dislike. Well, I'm not going to swallov the changes. They don't taste good, so I'm gonna spit them out of my mouth.

Of course PM and TH won't do "Michael Shanks". (Sad, because most people, IMO, get to like specific character/actor - we get "attached" to those personalities and that is what makes us tune in and keep watching the show. maybe I am living under a rock, but to me actors are esential thing for a TV show - sad that they are treated like fodder. ) That's why I usually say SGA ends at the middle of S3 for me. I'm not going to watch something I don't like, simple as that. carter fans may have their fun, I'll find something else to keep me entertained. Simple as that. *nods and reaches for her M*A*S*H DVDs*
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Actually I hadn't thought about the Cam/Vala thing. I don't really watch SG-1 anymore I keep forgetting Jack left but really they are good examples of what SG-1 fans of certain characters have been hearing from tptb over the years.

Even if the situation is different and both Michael and RDA wanted to leave I still think tptb have been playing the same old hand, when the script is appropriate AND the actor available (how convenient if they are not) then we will SEE if we can MAYBE bring them back for ONE episode in the FUTURE.

We are not stupid, we know if they really, really want it to happen they will make it happen. Unless of course the actor really, really doesn't want it to happen.

Anything else is just teasing fans and not in a good way. I am still pissed with tptb over Jonas, but I never expect to see him on SG-1 EVER again!

Comment

May I add, I miss Jonas too! he was amazing.

Back to rant. With all these things tptb say I feel like they want to dumb us down. I'm positively not dumb.

Comment

Oh, I'm not confused on that issue. It is a business, and what we see is an illusion. They change actors like they change their socks, and since they don't think of their characters as real people like we do, it doesn't matter to them.

They also know that losing a few Carson/Elizabeth fans won't matter in the long run. Most of the great unwashed out there still have no idea about all the changes (except Carson) that we have been ranting about for months. It will be interesting to see how they will react when all is said and done. I predict that it won't matter a hill of beans.

It is naive of us to think that Torri will ever be back after her few episodes in S4 or that Paul will return full time. The most we can hope for is to make a fuss and annoy as many PTB as possible for as long as possible. I'm afraid Carter is here to stay as well.

All that said, I plan to still watch every last one because I love more parts of this show than just my ship/character preferences. I may have to cover my eyes at times and let my husband tell me when I can look, but I'll still love the action, the banter and the boys.

*sighs and goes back to polishing* Actually, I've run out of brass. Today I may tackle the silver. *gags*
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I may have to cover my eyes at times and let my husband tell me when I can look, but I'll still love the action, the banter and the boys.
                              Wouldn't that mean, you also had to cover your ears a little? I mean, you may not see them but you will still hear them.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well I'll go looking somewhere else for banter and the boys. Crap, I ran out of windows!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X