Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It's things like this that make us anti-S4. Most of us here appear to be folks who loved the show the way it was. Everybody in their place and all was right with the world. Now with each passing day it seems our fears are being confirmed. They are taking away characters we loved and replacing them with lesser models for whatever reason like Keller for Carson. Love Jewel, but the age thing is a deal breaker. Or replacing them with a character that they thing is all things to all people. We don't have to be logical. It's emotion based, and we just feel it isn't right.

If AT is to be the headliner, where does that leave JF? Everyone seems to think he is safe. Is he? We thought the same thing about TH a year ago.

And didn't JM or whoever say Carter was going to appear in a support "role"? That has a completely different meaning than support "character". Her job as leader is for support. It doesn't mean it will be small. I don't have a quote. Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember that phrase.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
    so are we gonna need to hire a hall for all the anti-couches ?

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

i got a disco ball!

beer and clam for me !

could we have a pool and some pool boys as well? or girls i'm not biast hehe

hehe you know i don't think i have ever done a piccie spam in here

ahhh yes the good old days
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Aww, parisindy, you are going to make me sad.

S4 you suck.
      sigpic
      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
        so are we gonna need to hire a hall for all the anti-couches ?

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

I'm in; like the idea of the open bar . . . I think we're definitely gonna need it.

And Parisindy - I'll take one pool boy to go. My, my . . . but, did it suddenly get very hot in here. LOL.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
          Aww, parisindy, you are going to make me sad.

S4 you suck.
          awww it was suppose to make you smile.. but totally agree with the sucking part ((hugs))

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
          I'm in; like the idea of the open bar . . . I think we're definitely gonna need it.

And Parisindy - I'll take one pool boy to go. My, my . . . but, did it suddenly get very hot in here. LOL.
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            Me me!! And can I bring my tequila?
            I'm breaking out the single malt. Anybody got a clean glass. No ice you philistines!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post

i got a disco ball!

beer and clam for me !

could we have a pool and some pool boys as well? or girls i'm not biast hehe

hehe you know i don't think i have ever done a piccie spam in here

ahhh yes the good old days
              Nothing will ever resemble that anymore. *sigh*

Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Now that this thread is safe again...

I've been lurking for awhile as this topic has needed some consistent humor lately. I'm breaking my lurk to add some serious comments based on what's been going on in recent weeks.

ComicCon was the biggest tell to me that TPTB are in serious trouble and they know it: censorship of questions, the forced 'happy little family' image with a very limited and boring 'cast' (except for JF) and the fawning about renewal. The city of Atlantis is definitely foundering. I really found it very funny that EW magazine, in their convention wrapup, didn't even mention Stargate.

SGA's time slot and lead-in lineup that were announced this week I see as the cement icing on the cake. Moving the show to the 10 pm slot opposite the very popular Numbers is suicide. As for the lead-in lineup, I'm sure Dr. Who at 8 pm will be strong but the new Flash Gordon series at 9 pm, changed from its original announced 10 pm slot, is begging for low ratings. FG starts next Friday here but I won't be watching now that they've changed the time. I much prefer reruns of Jericho.

I don't recall which one of you made the 'elephant in the room' comment first but it's stuck with me since. That grey fellow is under a cloak right now but its getting weaker by the day. When the cancellation is announced sometime in October, the cloak will finally go down and, I strongly suspect, heads will roll at Bridge.

In all my decades of watching episodic TV, I don't remember a fan-based outcry against producers as bad as this since the Berman/Braga fiasco for Star Trek Enterprise, and we all know how that ended. BTW, anyone know what happened to those two guys?

Have a great weekend, fellow antis!

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
                  Sometimes there doesn't have the be logic to make a decision. My goodness, if people thought that way, we would all be like Spock. Sometimes it's just as simple as A. I really liked that character and because he/she is gone, I no longer have an interest in the show or B. I don't like the character, therefore I no longer have an interest in the show.

Feelings matter as much (if not more) as logic.
                  Yappi, are you gonna make me run for my money?

Originally posted by Mar9645 View Post
                  Now that this thread is safe again...

I've been lurking for awhile as this topic has needed some consistent humor lately. I'm breaking my lurk to add some serious comments based on what's been going on in recent weeks.

ComicCon was the biggest tell to me that TPTB are in serious trouble and they know it: censorship of questions, the forced 'happy little family' image with a very limited and boring 'cast' (except for JF) and the fawning about renewal. The city of Atlantis is definitely foundering. I really found it very funny that EW magazine, in their convention wrapup, didn't even mention Stargate.

SGA's time slot and lead-in lineup that were announced this week I see as the cement icing on the cake. Moving the show to the 10 pm slot opposite the very popular Numbers is suicide. As for the lead-in lineup, I'm sure Dr. Who at 8 pm will be strong but the new Flash Gordon series at 9 pm, changed from its original announced 10 pm slot, is begging for low ratings. FG starts next Friday here but I won't be watching now that they've changed the time. I much prefer reruns of Jericho.

I don't recall which one of you made the 'elephant in the room' comment first but it's stuck with me since. That grey fellow is under a cloak right now but its getting weaker by the day. When the cancellation is announced sometime in October, the cloak will finally go down and, I strongly suspect, heads will roll at Bridge.

In all my decades of watching episodic TV, I don't remember a fan-based outcry against producers as bad as this since the Berman/Braga fiasco for Star Trek Enterprise, and we all know how that ended. BTW, anyone know what happened to those two guys?

Have a great weekend, fellow antis!
                  Mallozzi & co. might find out what happened to B&B. *evil grin*
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I mistakenly posted this on the Pro Weir thread last night, and forgot to move it here ...

This was posted in JM's blog couple of nights ago:

Anonymous said...

As a Sam/Jack shipper I'm confused. You already said that you weren't going to deal with Sam's love life on atlantis. What changed your mind?

It's called "desperation". DES. PER. RATION. ;-)

>>Did you just find out that there's not going to be another season?<<

That's my guess.

>>Sorry for being skeptical but your comment goes against everything that you and recently Amanda have said.<<

Oh dear, too funny! Joe, sweetie I know you won't post this one so between you, me and the gate post, if even your stalwart shippers are now seeing through your spinning just who is there left to fool?

>>So this means that there won't be any Sam/Jack ship in continuum?<<

I'm sure there's plenty, eh Joe? AU Jack that is...
                    This was the response last night:

Anonymous #5 writes: "I know you won't post this one so between you, me and the gate post, if even your stalwart shippers are now seeing through your spinning just who is there left to fool?"

Answer: Who's the wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss? You are you fwisky widdle whiner. Sooooo cuuuuuute!

He sounds so childish in his response! Almost baiting the fans/non-fans alike. I am sorry, I for one would find this utterly off putting, enough to turn me off from watching the show completely. This seems so junior high!
                    sig made by me

Comment

I mistakenly posted this on the Pro Weir thread last night, and forgot to move it here ...

He sounds so childish in his response! Almost baiting the fans/non-fans alike. I am sorry, I for one would find this utterly off putting, enough to turn me off from watching the show completely. This seems so junior high!

I also responded in the other thread. This is just so stupid, I don't know how anyone can think its o.k. The blog may be "personal" and not official, but by default it is an advertisement for the show. And dissing your customers doesn't sound like an effective marketing tool. Public relations is obviously not his strong suit. LOL.

Making fun of fans tells me that JM is totally not the person who should be doing this. But many are giving him the old "thumbs up", so I guess he knows the audience he's playing to.
                      sigpic

Comment

He started it. No, he started it. *raspberries*

I also responded in the other thread. This is just so stupid, I don't know how anyone can think its o.k. The blog may be "personal" and not official, but by default it is an advertisement for the show. And dissing your customers doesn't sound like an effective marketing tool. Public relations is obviously not his strong suit. LOL.

Making fun of fans tells me that JM is totally not the person who should be doing this. But many are giving him the old "thumbs up", so I guess he knows the audience he's playing to.
                        I find his response to this question very interesting. The last time he was this cranky and ultra sarcastic, even for him, was just before the word came out about RL's pregnancy, and he had to deal with the total reworking of S4. Hmmm?
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          He started it. No, he started it. *raspberries*

I find his response to this question very interesting. The last time he was this cranky and ultra sarcastic, even for him, was just before the word came out about RL's pregnancy, and he had to deal with the total reworking of S4. Hmmm?

Yeah, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe something happened at Comic Con? Maybe the cast isn't happy? Maybe he feels a 10:00 p.m time slot is past the bedtime of his target demographic? Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

The funny thing is, the poster he was responding to didn't sound like an "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" , so his response was totally out of nowhere. Of course I didn't read the whole thing (I have my sanity to worry about), so it could be a poster who's given him "agita" in the past.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, who knows what is going on behind the scenes. Maybe something happened at Comic Con? Maybe the cast isn't happy? Maybe he feels a 10:00 p.m time slot is past the bedtime of his target demographic? Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.
                            I think that would be the one, seeing he blogs a lot about food.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Maybe he burned the pasta sauce? Questions, questions, questions. LOL.

That was seriously funny.
                              sigpic
                              Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

As voyager said, the "wangry widdle anti-Carter sourpuss" didn't sound anti-Carter at all, quite the opposite. Even SG-1/Carter fans are being torpedoed now? Wise strategy. And, yep, he definitely burned something. I wonder what that is...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X