Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
    I suspect once Dr. Weir is gone, it will be things as usual. Remember Dr. Beckett? There shall be no continuity on SGA.

Dr. Who???? You mean that guy from Ireland, right?
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
      Dr. Who???? You mean that guy from Ireland, right?
      isn't david tennant scottish as well? hehehehe (j/k)
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
        isn't david tennant scottish as well? hehehehe (j/k)
        Who knows?

*checks calendar again to see when Doctor Who returns*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Read this.

I have actualy read through this thread, thanks.

Yep I still feel the same.
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by crazylizzie View Post
            in response to southern red and heaven; you are right on. carter's arrival definetly upsets the balance, not only will she be leader of atlantis, she will be the leader of the military, and if sg1 is any indication, the leader of the science aspect also. i know!! it should be The Samantha Carter Show... live, from British Columbia.

too much? yeah... probably

*lizziepuppy! growls at sampuppy!*
            *lizziepuppy! eats carterpuppy!*

do i detect a hint of bitterness?

hmmm...

naw.
            NOOOOOOOOOOOO! No cahnce!!!! What made you think of that???

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            It's things like this that make us anti-S4. Most of us here appear to be folks who loved the show the way it was. Everybody in their place and all was right with the world. Now with each passing day it seems our fears are being confirmed. They are taking away characters we loved and replacing them with lesser models for whatever reason like Keller for Carson. Love Jewel, but the age thing is a deal breaker. Or replacing them with a character that they thing is all things to all people. We don't have to be logical. It's emotion based, and we just feel it isn't right.

If AT is to be the headliner, where does that leave JF? Everyone seems to think he is safe. Is he? We thought the same thing about TH a year ago.

And didn't JM or whoever say Carter was going to appear in a support "role"? That has a completely different meaning than support "character". Her job as leader is for support. It doesn't mean it will be small. I don't have a quote. Maybe I'm wrong. I just remember that phrase.
            I think that only AT and DH are safe. Everybody else is expendable to TPTB.

though i will say, i will stick around and watch, i am not going to turn it off because my wonderful beautiful elizabeth is not on anymore, but if they so much as think of making the shep and carter dynamic shippy at all i will throw up. literaly. all over the telly. hmm... tmi. yeah, probably. but seriously, if there is not some kind of unease between those two and everything is immediatly roses that will be the deciding factor of whether or not i watch anymore.

will not have it. you hear me!?
            Oh God, I didn't need that mental picture. Ugh!!!

I don't think that will happen, I bet on Carter - McKay love me - hate me relationship and Zelenka sitting jelaous in the corner.

Okay now i need to throw up too.

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            I suspect once Dr. Weir is gone, it will be things as usual. Remember Dr. Beckett? There shall be no continuity on SGA.
            Exactly. They will never mention her again. That's the reason i won't watch S4.

Bitter?

Noooooooooooooo way!
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
              Great post and so true.

It is all about perspecive, and I for one perceive Carter to be all over the place. If she is a supporting character as JM states, then why don't the other supporting characters like Lorne have just as large a presence in the media etc?
              Because Carter will bringing in some SG1 fans, while Lorne won't. That's exactly what I've been saying all this time.

I have a question; do you guys actually WANT to hate the show?

Comment

Because Carter will bringing in some SG1 fans, while Lorne won't. That's exactly what I've been saying all this time.

this is the anti season 4 thread for complaints ONLY

I'm sorry but i dont feel that i should have to justify my feelings to you. if this was an open discussion thread then yes debate away.

i just realy dont get why you need to post things like this here, is there no where i can go that i dont have to deal with stuff like this?
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Did you take a look at your own poll? More fans will be boycotting s4 than Carter will bring new ones. 2 characters are leaving and with them their fans or most of them, also those who don't want Carter won't be tuning in, no way she could bring enough of new viewers to cover those number of folks giving up the show, especially since most of her fans already watch Atlantis.

My answer to your second question is no I don't want to hate the show but what TPTB did made me hate it, I want Elizabeth and I don't want Carter, you can say whatever you want and that won't change my mind and no one else's here so you better stop trying and if you intend to keep posting here, maybe say something on topic in your posts?
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

As I said many times on that poll thread, the poll means nothing other than what a small fraction of Gateworlder think; it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

And with that clarification, I bow out of this thread. I merely wanted an inside look into how you guys feel face-to-face (since a lot of you avoid debate threads...and even if it seemed I wanted a debate, you didn't have to reply to it) and I got that in spades.
                    Last edited by PG15; 03 August 2007, 11:23 AM.

Comment

As I said many times on that poll thread, the poll means nothing other than what a small fraction of Gateworlder think; it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.
                      maybe not, but it does say something about the hardcore fans, and they are the ones most likely to buy DVDs, go to conventions etc

Comment

Sometimes there doesn't have the be logic to make a decision. My goodness, if people thought that way, we would all be like Spock. Sometimes it's just as simple as A. I really liked that character and because he/she is gone, I no longer have an interest in the show or B. I don't like the character, therefore I no longer have an interest in the show.

Feelings matter as much (if not more) as logic.
                        sigpic
                        Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

PG-15 - The Thread title is very clear so your question is inappropriate.

The fact that some of the fandom would like a place to gather and discuss their misgivings, complaints and overall dislike of the show does NOT implicitly state that they hate the show as you are so ineloquently asking.

What this thread does is allow these fans a place to do so WITHOUT having to explain themselves and their opinions to those that find no fault or little fault with how things have gone.

So your continued insistence in posting here and asking these types of questions does not inspire *discussion* nor does it even fit the *TOPIC* of the thread. So please restrain yourself from further posting of such.

If you have something to add that is on-topic by all means do so. otherwise please do not continue to try to incite some sort of debate on the matter. The fact that select folks avoid other threads does not give you license to come in here to *try to understand them*

Thank You
                          TameFarrar
                          GateWorld Moderator
                          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

so are we gonna need to hire a hall for all the anti-couches ?

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

sigpic
                            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post

weve grown in stature over the past few months, im thinking, big hall, disco ball, dj, open bar (with waiters) and a nice chocolate buffet.

who's in?

Me me!! And can I bring my tequila?
                              sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post

who's in?

Me, me, me, me... *raises hand*
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X