Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazylizzie View Post
    *carterpuppy! jumps around anuna*

she likes mulder.

seriously though, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall at those meetings... there is always something, pressure from scifi, or pressure from exec, etc. but the desicions are so off the wall you have to wonder if its not vendetta's and the like.

a conspiracy. mhm.

and that really is mulder speaking.
    We do need a Scully here too! To contradict him, only to become a better believer than him in the first place! LOL

Of course it's Carter related, mcbarr. And SG - 1 related, SG - 1 fans related, ratings related, Atlantis always being less important related... wait! Why do I have a sudden feeling of jeda vu?

*shoooing the carterpuppy! away*
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

you know, the lack of mention of carson in the remaining episodes always made me wonder if killing him off was a second thought decision... because they write and tape out of order, those scripts after sunday could have very possibly already been completed, the taping too, which would explain the lack of mention.

and then... that makes me wonder what actually happened to dismiss paul so fast.

*cue x-file theme*
      My personal opinion is that this is when tptb realized that with SG-1's cancellation, they could finally bring Carter to Atlantis as a main character (I had read awhile back in JM's blog that they always wanted Carter for SGA but then SG-1 was renewed so they couldn't do it). Guess they decided they couldn't keep AT busy enough with filming the SG-1 DVD movies PLUS starring in the new internet-run series they plan to have soon. Then again, Carter was tptb's favorite character on SG-1 (O'Neill and Jackson were character originating from the movie, not created by the SG-1 writers) and McKay's their favorite character on SGA, yet they're similar characters in many respects.

Comment

Only McKay isn't so perfect like Carter, which makes him more like an average, ordinary human, IMO. Why am i not surprised after I just read this? /irony

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
          My personal opinion is that this is when tptb realized that with SG-1's cancellation, they could finally bring Carter to Atlantis as a main character (I had read awhile back in JM's blog that they always wanted Carter for SGA but then SG-1 was renewed so they couldn't do it). Guess they decided they couldn't keep AT busy enough with filming the SG-1 DVD movies PLUS starring in the new internet-run series they plan to have soon. Then again, Carter was tptb's favorite character on SG-1 (O'Neill and Jackson were character originating from the movie, not created by the SG-1 writers) and McKay's their favorite character on SGA, yet they're similar characters in many respects.

yeah... mckay and carter... not entirely looking forward to that interaction, though if they write it well it could be really funny... but we all know that writing is sometimes not their strong point.

but, i kinda think shep is their puppy in sga... the guy that is in every episode, the save the day guy, the kirk if you will... though, strange enough, he is the one that has the least known about him, the only real info being what happened in afghanistan and the little mention of his past in echoes.

and yes. now there is a sheppuppy! and carterpuppy!
          beware the poo!

edit: you know, i take that back, because really, what do we know about shep's character? his entire character is based on what we find out about him in atlantis and is entirely having to do with his personality, reaction to things, etc. there is absoloutly no history there, unless i am missing something.

am i missing something?
          sigpic
          thanks Erised for the sig!

Comment

I gotta go out now, but when i'm back I'll provide more info on Shep. I analyzed him pretty well I think.

Comment

*carterpuppy! jumps around anuna*

she likes mulder.

seriously though, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall at those meetings... there is always something, pressure from scifi, or pressure from exec, etc. but the desicions are so off the wall you have to wonder if its not vendetta's and the like.

a conspiracy. mhm.

and that really is mulder speaking.
              The truth is out there. Or up there as the case may be.

yeah... mckay and carter... not entirely looking forward to that interaction, though if they write it well it could be really funny... but we all know that writing is sometimes not their strong point.

but, i kinda think shep is their puppy in sga... the guy that is in every episode, the save the day guy, the kirk if you will... though, strange enough, he is the one that has the least known about him, the only real info being what happened in afghanistan and the little mention of his past in echoes.

and yes. now there is a sheppuppy! and carterpuppy!
              beware the poo!

edit: you know, i take that back, because really, what do we know about shep's character? his entire character is based on what we find out about him in atlantis and is entirely having to do with his personality, reaction to things, etc. there is absoloutly no history there, unless i am missing something.

am i missing something?

Quick before Anuna gets back, a little amateur analyzing. Crazylizzie, I'm glad you edited the above because you said what I would have said. Shep has always been an enigma. Is he Rambo or Kirk? Is he an easygoing, snarky flyboy or a deeply wounded introspective introvert with poor social skills who wears his emotions in his eyes but refuses to allow people to see the real man inside. *sniffs and reaches for tissue*

Which brings us back to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. Love that new word. *looks around* Is Anuna back yet?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

this interaction really bothers me. i hated pegasus project as the sga team acted ooc to me, and were realy nasty to rodney. it was to impress the sg1 members i suspect.

if they have to be on screen together i hope tptb will actualy write them as a pair of adults who can respect each others abilitys. if they make rodney an idiot and/or have carter treating him like she's way better than him. i will be fast forwarding all there interaction.

rodney had grown in the last three years if he reverts and they write him as carters verbal punch bag in the funny but not funny way that will suck lemons.
                sigpic
                banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Quick before Anuna gets back, a little amateur analyzing. Crazylizzie, I'm glad you edited the above because you said what I would have said. Shep has always been an enigma. Is he Rambo or Kirk? Is he an easygoing, snarky flyboy or a deeply wounded introspective introvert with poor social skills who wears his emotions in his eyes but refuses to allow people to see the real man inside. *sniffs and reaches for tissue*

Which brings us back to badwritingbadwritingbadwriting. Love that new word. *looks around* Is Anuna back yet?
                  Sheppard is a descended Ancient. You'll see.

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                  rodney had grown in the last three years if he reverts and they write him as carters verbal punch bag in the funny but not funny way that will suck lemons.
                  I agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                    this interaction really bothers me. i hated pegasus project as the sga team acted ooc to me, and were realy nasty to rodney. it was to impress the sg1 members i suspect.

if they have to be on screen together i hope tptb will actualy write them as a pair of adults who can respect each others abilitys. if they make rodney an idiot and/or have carter treating him like she's way better than him. i will be fast forwarding all there interaction.

You know, I have no problem with Carter/McKay interaction as long as they can keep them both acting like adults, not bickering children. After all, Carter is going to be in charge of the expedition from now on. She can't constantly be fighting with McKay. Not only would that waste both her and his time, but it would NOT be something a leader like her would realistically be doing.

And Shep is totally a descended Ancient. And he can shoot Force lightening out of his fingers. We'll see it later this year. Just you watch...

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                      And Shep is totally a descended Ancient. And he can shoot Force lightening out of his fingers. We'll see it later this year. Just you watch...
                      I wouldn't doubt it. Superheroes are very popular these days, you know.
                      sigpic

Comment

The truth is out there. Or up there as the case may be.

*also looking about for anuna*

he is an enigma, isnt he? there is that scene at the very beggining, the flipping of the coin, which struck a chord with me, he seemed so alone, especially in contrast to elizabeth speaking to simon and the scene with ford and his grandparents, and right there is i think the root of the enigma. every other character there is flashbacks of some kind in regards to the character. you see carson with his mum, and mckay is already an established character and you have the epi with his sister... but what about shep's family? was there a family? i keep thinking his dad was military but i think that was just because of the fanfic i have read out there that has made it so. and then the whole introvert vs. extrovert thing, you hit it right on because there is no consistency between the two. i mean this man reads war and peace, abliet slowly, but still, but then finds himself kissing women right and left... or at least charming them. obviously he is an excellent military man... see the storm for a good indication of the military tactics especially, but then he turns around and bucked the military (one of the few pieces we do know about his past). so it interests me... why do we know so little? he is a regular character, unlike poor lovely elizabeth who had almost two entire episodes dedicated entirely to her and who is not reaccuring.

makes me wonder if they have something up their sleeves or they just have, yet again, left a rather large gaping plot whole. and i will have to go back and look, but it even seems to me when joe was talking about the different character episodes in season 4 he mentioned everyone but shep. weird.

sooo... what do other people think? why the mystery man?

edit... and i do not like the ascending thing. blah, ick, nasty, stupid and a writing copout if i ever saw one.
                        sigpic

Comment

edit... and i do not like the ascending thing. blah, ick, nasty, stupid and a writing copout if i ever saw one.
                          Furling?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                            You know, I have no problem with Carter/McKay interaction as long as they can keep them both acting like adults, not bickering children. After all, Carter is going to be in charge of the expedition from now on. She can't constantly be fighting with McKay. Not only would that waste both her and his time, but it would NOT be something a leader like her would realistically be doing.

Actually, I do kinda like the ascended ancient idea. Maybe fanfic has spoiled me, but I also want to see a more personal and stronger connection between Shep and the city. They've dropped the ball on the superior ATA gene IMHO. Remember the guy in The Tower scanning him and saying his was the strongest gene they've seen in 300 years? Why don't they go further with that?

And the lightening thing? Will he do that while shirtless by any chance?
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Actually, I do kinda like the ascended ancient idea. Maybe fanfic has spoiled me, but I also want to see a more personal and stronger connection between Shep and the city. They've dropped the ball on the superior ATA gene IMHO. Remember the guy in The Tower scanning him and saying his was the strongest gene they've seen in 300 years? Why don't they go further with that?

And the lightening thing? Will he do that while shirtless by any chance?
                              ...shirtless? mmmm...

*looks around for drool bucket*

*realizes not in shep thunk thread... ... goes back to topic*

yeah, i would like more about his powerful ata gene... which would, of course, lead to stories about his past, his family, etc. which is good. though, ascending ancient? would he have known all along? can he be an ascended and not know?

and yes mcbarr... furling. with a capital "F"
                              sigpic

Comment

yeah, i would like more about his powerful ata gene... which would, of course, lead to stories about his past, his family, etc. which is good. though, ascending ancient? would he have known all along? can he be an ascended and not know?
                                Ascended, no. Descended (like Orlin from SG-1), possibly. If not Sheppard, maybe someone from his family?

and yes mcbarr... furling. with a capital "F"
                                Ah, you (anti) shippers distorting my words! Here's a cool SGA ship for your collection:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X