Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
    Isn't sad that if Atlantis were to sink, I just wouldn't care anymore? As long as Lorne got outta there safely, I could go on living life.

I third that "Let's send them the 10 Commandments" sentiment.

Also, I've had good experiences with Sheyla shippers. Most of them. I made a couple posts in the Sheyla thread, just to ask a question or two and YappiChick was there with open arms. [hugs] Such a sweetheart.
    You're check is in the mail. ::blushes::

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    A little OT - shippers/posters like Yappi make me love forums. We don't have to agree but we can respect and like each other and the bottom line - sci fi and shows like SGA bring people together, and that is one amazing thing.
    Awww, thanks! I love the difference in opinions...it makes you wiser. Like my sister once said, just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they aren't listening.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
    I think by the end beginning of s3, I came to like every character in SGA. Which is sad since I was on a roll not hating anyone and then boom, bye Carson and Elizabeth.
    I know what you mean. Every person had found their niche...it was a perfect balance that can't easily be replaced. Teyla and Elizabeth were friends...is Carter going to be her new lunch buddy now?
    sigpic
    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Me too. Don't go saying nothing bad about my boy. But seriously, he does have his flaws which I hope they will explore in S4. One of the few reasons I will still be watching.

And you guys just reminded me that it was Carson who saved Ronon in Sateda. And then got a hug. Ronon will miss him too.
      shep is my fav character and for me not to want to watch season 4 even though he is still in it is just proof how much i think tptb screwed up.

i loved carson saving ronan gads that was a stellar episode.. its my fav
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I couldn't play today (yesterday ), but I'm glad to see everyone is fine and still very anti!

I also liked Sateda, btw. Teyla killed more Wraith than Sheppard in that ep... Heh.
        sigpic

Comment

Don't forget Teyla can kick poor Sheps butt And about missing someone and being sad. THAT only happens in Stargate fanfiction. They did an episode where characters actually grieved for someone who was gone only once - that episode of S5 of SG - 1 that was right after "Meridian". But never again. Everyone is just forgotten... I fear that amnesia in an epidemic desease in Stargate universe.
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Don't forget Teyla can kick poor Sheps butt And about missing someone and being sad. THAT only happens in Stargate fanfiction. They did an episode where characters actually grieved for someone who was gone only once - that episode of S5 of SG - 1 that was right after "Meridian". But never again. Everyone is just forgotten... I fear that amnesia in an epidemic desease in Stargate universe.
            to me the lack of mourning is down right disrespectful imho
            its like they never mattered and they did

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
            I couldn't play today (yesterday ), but I'm glad to see everyone is fine and still very anti!

I also liked Sateda, btw. Teyla killed more Wraith than Sheppard in that ep... Heh.
            i hope you didn't miss a day cause something bad happened ((hugs))

hehe i loved the competition between teyla and shep hehe and there was even shep whump *happy sigh*

totally loved ronan threatening shep to hehe
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Lack of mourning has something to do with writing (abilities?) - it's not easy to write and make it look good, and then connect it to the rest of the show. But yes, for us who liked some characters who are gone (Carson!! cries ) it comes across as downright disrespectful.

Comment

OOo, lets not forget about Ford, but he got more than poor Carson.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                  I don't think so. I think the writers dropped the ball...for all the "shaking things up a bit" that Carson's death was supposed to provide, there was no reaction (or even a mention of him) in the remaining few eps of S3 (wait, there was one slight mention of his name in the final ep). I don't think anyone's missed Carson and I doubt they'll suddenly start missing him in S4. Makes me dread even more whatever's going to be done to get Weir out of Atlantis!
                  You're right of course. I just know in his heart he misses him. And wasn't it Torri who said she questioned the lack of mention of Carson and had to fight for the little bit they did include in FS? So we see how that turned out. Now considering what DH said in the interview, McKay is going to love having Carter around. Even after writing a 500 page book about Weir and all the closeness we have seen between them, I'm willing to bet he won't mention her once.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  OOo, lets not forget about Ford, but he got more than poor Carson.
                  Good point. Someone who's been around 3 years and has had a huge part in the whole Wraith retrovirus arc doesn't get mentioned even when they do an episode about said retrovirus and its repercussions. Huge drop of the ball by TPTB.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Badwritingbadwritingbadwriting! There I made up a new word All I have to say about that, really.

Maybe Rodney will write The Big and Complete Carter Technobabbling Encyclopedia.

Comment

Maybe Rodney will write The Big and Complete Carter Technobabbling Encyclopedia.
                      LOL, not even Super Rodney from Tao could do that. Mission Impossible.
                      sigpic

Comment

Badwritingbadwritingbadwriting! There I made up a new word All I have to say about that, really.

you know, the lack of mention of carson in the remaining episodes always made me wonder if killing him off was a second thought decision... because they write and tape out of order, those scripts after sunday could have very possibly already been completed, the taping too, which would explain the lack of mention.

and then... that makes me wonder what actually happened to dismiss paul so fast.

*cue x-file theme*
                        sigpic
                        thanks Erised for the sig!

Comment

*wistles X files theme*

*mulder tone of voice*

"They're coming!!"

Sorry for OT. I have a silly need to make fun out of this stuff. Better that than being angry all the time... okay still a little angry.

Comment

*wistles X files theme*

*mulder tone of voice*

"They're coming!!"

Sorry for OT. I have a silly need to make fun out of this stuff. Better that than being angry all the time... okay still a little angry.

*carterpuppy! jumps around anuna*

she likes mulder.

seriously though, sometimes i wish i could be a fly on the wall at those meetings... there is always something, pressure from scifi, or pressure from exec, etc. but the desicions are so off the wall you have to wonder if its not vendetta's and the like.

a conspiracy. mhm.

and that really is mulder speaking.
                            sigpic

Comment

All these crappy cast changes are SG-1/Carter-related, IMO.
                              sigpic

Comment

see, i knew it!! conspiracy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X