Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    Yeah, I'm not enthused about the sound of this episode either.

Although I will say the new JF-pitch episode sounds very intriguing. Sheppard goes back to earth and we get some backstory. I'm all for that!
    LOL, don't forget the last planned "backstory" was "I was married once already.". The end. Backstory. *snort*

Comment

I don't care if the other characters get more emphasis. You're right - Rodney and Shep don't have to be front and center all the time. Just don't destroy their relationship the way they did with Jack and Daniel on SG-1. That's all I'm asking. Give me a couple good episodes like Echoes and Tao and I'll be happy.
      I'm loving how diverse we are proving to be. I love the John/Rodney show and can't get enough of it. The slash idea bothers me, but I choose to ignore that. I also love any Shep/Zelenka, Shep/Beckett, Shep/Ronon or Shep/Lorne moments. I think all of those actors have great chemistry. As most of you know, ahem, I am a Shep/Weir shipper which is the main reason for my anti-S4 sentiments, and I don't see even a smidgen of chemistry between Shep and Teyla except in a sibling way. I truly hope they don't proceed with shipping them but recognize the fact that in the long run it won't matter to the casual viewer. That said, I think all the afore mentioned pairs had unique ways of relating to each other, and without one of the characters that loss will make a huge difference in the show.

Overall, Echoes is my favorite and Sunday is my least favorite. I didn't like the John/Ronon teenage girls have a slumber party encounter, hated *stops to shudder* Mike, and the rest can go unsaid. I love all the action and blowing things up, and didn't mind any of the supposedly funny ones everybody else mostly hates. Ain't diversity grand?

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      *waves hand* I am! I am shallow hehehehe guess i'll have to be shallow on my own then.... hehehehehehehe
      goes off to drool
      Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
      Okay, okay . . . I will admit it . . . I am shallow too.

I even remember JM from Baywatch Hawaii (which I never watched voluntarily, but my mom loved the show and I would watch with her when I was at her house) Of course, he was younger and much less "developed" back then, but still a vision to behold. LOL.
      Put me in the shallow column. On a Hawaiian vacation last year, a tour bus had a picture of Jason from Baywatch on the video. Sad that I recognized him even without the Ronon look. And I think if we could get Shep nekkid, there would be peace throughout the land.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
        [raises hand] I'll be shallow with you, parisindy.

There were some great moments between not only those three but the entire cast of Atlantis. Taking certain characters out of the mix takes away from everyone else. They all fed off of each other in different ways in different situations. With Carson and Elizabeth gone, it throws everything off. Yes, there will still be moments between John and Rodney, but there are undeveloped interactions we won't see anymore because one more more of the characters are gone.

ICAM. The way characters relate to one another is obviously dictated by the writing. But the way two actors play off each other, the natural chemistry they may have, is almost as important (if not more). When that balance is upset, the whole dynamic shifts.

How come we understand this, but the guys who are running this franchise seem lost in a sea of confusion and misinformation. LOL.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
          LOL, don't forget the last planned "backstory" was "I was married once already.". The end. Backstory. *snort*
          *sigh* Unfortunate but true. I'm still holding onto hope, however, since the episode seems to revolve around this backstory. We'll see what happens.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I'm loving how diverse we are proving to be. I love the John/Rodney show and can't get enough of it. The slash idea bothers me, but I choose to ignore that. I also love any Shep/Zelenka, Shep/Beckett, Shep/Ronon or Shep/Lorne moments. I think all of those actors have great chemistry. As most of you know, ahem, I am a Shep/Weir shipper which is the main reason for my anti-S4 sentiments, and I don't see even a smidgen of chemistry between Shep and Teyla except in a sibling way. I truly hope they don't proceed with shipping them but recognize the fact that in the long run it won't matter to the casual viewer. That said, I think all the afore mentioned pairs had unique ways of relating to each other, and without one of the characters that loss will make a huge difference in the show.

Overall, Echoes is my favorite and Sunday is my least favorite. I didn't like the John/Ronon teenage girls have a slumber party encounter, hated *stops to shudder* Mike, and the rest can go unsaid. I love all the action and blowing things up, and didn't mind any of the supposedly funny ones everybody else mostly hates. Ain't diversity grand?
          Yes, diversity is great. I too love John and Rodney, but don't slash them. I do understand that others don't think they're as great as I do , but I probably could never get enough of those two. But with everything else going on, I'll count myself lucky just to get a couple of episodes. I am a "friendshipper" I suppose. I love the friendships. I don't really ship anyone on Atlantis, but I think all the existing characters have great relationships with each other.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

LOL. By Stargate standards, this was almost too much personal information.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL. By Stargate standards, this was almost too much personal information.
              Yes ZOMG. Can't wait to read reviews about the backstory ep to see how much they improved. *gigglefit*

Comment

Yes ZOMG. Can't wait to read reviews about the backstory ep to see how much they improved. *gigglefit*
                It saddens me that we're having to go through this again. If they take another one of JF's great ideas and make it FUBAR, I will have to take back anything positive I have said about TPTB. *thinks really hard, moves on*

You have to admire his tenacity though. I think he understands showbiz very well and figures that sooner or later they'll do it right.

As for backstory, we'll probably get some vague mention of the ex plus another fact or two from the original Shep bio that we already knew *coughphantomscough* and/or something else out of left field that's like throwing us a very tiny bone that has been picked clean of all meat.

Personally, I'm hoping that the wife is still around and they never divorced. Maybe she's been reported MIA while on a secret government mission to another galaxy. Hey, stranger things have happened.
                sigpic

Comment

agreed! have i mentioned lately how much i love you guys

I am not a shipper at all but if i had to choose one i would Teyla and ronon ...totally not shep

Put me in the shallow column. On a Hawaiian vacation last year, a tour bus had a picture of Jason from Baywatch on the video. Sad that I recognized him even without the Ronon look. And I think if we could get Shep nekkid, there would be peace throughout the land.
                  gads did you die? hehe i think i would of! lol. I never watched baywatch but still hehe. I love surfing and i love jason.

as for being shallow ... i am a whumper. love me some whumps yes i do... especially shep whumping

love joe and well think the man is darn sexy hehe but he is awfully hairy.
                  he could use some waxing *giggles*

Yes, diversity is great. I too love John and Rodney, but don't slash them. I do understand that others don't think they're as great as I do , but I probably could never get enough of those two. But with everything else going on, I'll count myself lucky just to get a couple of episodes. I am a "friendshipper" I suppose. I love the friendships. I don't really ship anyone on Atlantis, but I think all the existing characters have great relationships with each other.
                  i don't like ships either .. to me it a bit like making out with a relative.. cause the team is 'family' so it just seems odd lol, see i have no problem with rodney and the botanist cause she in not directly a team member

Okay, okay . . . I will admit it . . . I am shallow too.

I even remember JM from Baywatch Hawaii (which I never watched voluntarily, but my mom loved the show and I would watch with her when I was at her house) Of course, he was younger and much less "developed" back then, but still a vision to behold. LOL.
                  whoot! hehe shallow is good sometimes lol

ICAM. The way characters relate to one another is obviously dictated by the writing. But the way two actors play off each other, the natural chemistry they may have, is almost as important (if not more). When that balance is upset, the whole dynamic shifts.

How come we understand this, but the guys who are running this franchise seem lost in a sea of confusion and misinformation. LOL.
                  you know i loved Andromeda but it had some of the same problems.. they kept advertising themselves as 'the action hour' really action only works if you care about the characters and whatever peril they are in... if you don't care about the characters then its just pointless explosions.

and really i can watch the news if i want pointless violence.

It saddens me that we're having to go through this again. If they take another one of JF's great ideas and make it FUBAR, I will have to take back anything positive I have said about TPTB. *thinks really hard, moves on*

You have to admire his tenacity though. I think he understands showbiz very well and figures that sooner or later they'll do it right.

As for backstory, we'll probably get some vague mention of the ex plus another fact or two from the original Shep bio that we already knew *coughphantomscough* and/or something else out of left field that's like throwing us a very tiny bone that has been picked clean of all meat.

Personally, I'm hoping that the wife is still around and they never divorced. Maybe she's been reported MIA while on a secret government mission to another galaxy. Hey, stranger things have happened.
                  you know ... as much as i love the shep i really don't care about the marriage thing. I want to know more about the 'black mark' etc.

the best fanfic story i heard about his wife is that after his friends died.. shep became totally emotionally cut off and so his wife ended up leaving him and they hadn't been married to long at all... hehe clean cut and and gotten rid of lol. Shep to me just doesn't seem the marrying type.
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I am not a shipper at all but if i had to choose one i would Teyla and ronon ...totally not shep
                    Agreed! I am anti Shep ship!
                    Last edited by Killdeer; 22 July 2007, 01:53 PM.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Agreed! I am anti Shep ship!

totally no shep shipping for me! though i am an equal opportunity drooler
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Haha, this just totally reaffirms the fact that Ronon/Teyla would work. Nobody cares if they are shipped. As long as Shep is ship free. That's awesome, mainly because I'm a Ronon/Teyla shipper. *runs away*
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

totally no shep shipping for me! though i am an equal opportunity drooler
                          If we are going to continue to be friends, you have to put away the waxing kit and forget about dehairifying Shep/Joe. Hairless men just make me squiggle. There's that diversity again.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          Haha, this just totally reaffirms the fact that Ronon/Teyla would work. Nobody cares if they are shipped. As long as Shep is ship free. That's awesome, mainly because I'm a Ronon/Teyla shipper. *runs away*
                          I can go with that, Love Ronon/Teyla and can agree to shipless!Shep now that Liz is out of the picture. Maybe.

And, friends, I think this is the real peace thread.

*runs from mods who are about to tell us to get back on topic*
                          sigpic

Comment

If we are going to continue to be friends, you have to put away the waxing kit and forget about dehairifying Shep/Joe. Hairless men just make me squiggle. There's that diversity again.

I can go with that, Love Ronon/Teyla and can agree to shipless!Shep now that Liz is out of the picture. Maybe.

And, friends, I think this is the real peace thread.

*runs from mods who are about to tell us to get back on topic*
                            ITA. Though I don't ship, I can totally see Teyla/Ronon. I was all over the place with Teyla for a while (even thought Carson for a while), but Echoes put all that to rest in my mind. LOL.

Agree about Shep. Thought he and Elizabeth had great, subtle chemistry. If I were to ship, that would have been my first choice.
                            sigpic

Comment

i still love ya but ewwwww i can't even handle facial hair other then maybe a 5 oclock shadow hehe hair belongs on the head.... oddly enough not fond of bald men.

you know i was thinking that we should hold a wake or something when season 4 airs in the fall
                              Spoiler:

Comment

i still love ya but ewwwww i can't even handle facial hair other then maybe a 5 oclock shadow hehe hair belongs on the head.... oddly enough not fond of bald men.

you know i was thinking that we should hold a wake or something when season 4 airs in the fall
                                It just keeps getting worse. The only place my husband doesn't have much hair is on his head.

Maybe we should all wear black armbands and drape our monitors with black cloth. BTW, there are a few clues to Adrift in this article:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2007/0...a_vengea.shtml
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X