Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I fear that atlantis will be canceled and not based on the character changes, but the actor/actresses. There have been too many changes too quickly in the second and third season.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
      What really worries me about S4 is that it may continue to focus entirely too much on Shep and McKay (and i don't mean McShep!). It got a bit one-note, with the others - like Teyla and Ronin - relegated to (very pretty) window dressing. Or fodder for McKay's whinging.

suse
      I disagree, but then I love Rodney. And the whole Sheppard and McKay thing is what hooked me into Atlantis in the first place. Kind of like Jack and Daniel in the early seasons of SG-1, but more so. I'm not denying the other characters need development. But I just don't want to see the established relationship between John and Rodney broken down. I adored episodes like Tao of Rodney and Echoes because of that. And if those kinds of scenes disappear or become rare, so will a lot of my interest for Atlantis. I'm not a shipper. I could care less about ship. But I do love friendship moments, and buddy shows such as Due South (I mention that particular show because I'm in the process of rewatching it right now). While I'm all for more development for Teyla and Ronon, if the writers destroy John and Rodney's friendship to build the other characters up, I will be quite upset.

Plus, well, I'm a big Rodney fan. I know his fussing does irritate some people, but it's never bothered me for some reason. It probably would on a different actor, but DH manages to pull off the whole arrogant but slightly vulnerable thing in a way that is just awesome. The only time I've ever not liked Rodney is when he's around Carter. I would love to see more team interaction. Rodney and Ronon is always fun. I would really like more Rodney and Teyla, but it doesn't sound like there'll be that much. Rodney and Weir was awesome. I don't ship them, but I can definitely understand people who do, because they have a wonderful relationship. I just don't see it as romantic, but that's me. And I'm hoping the the Rodney and Carter interaction is more M&MM than Pegasus Project. Rodney came off looking like a idiot in that episode IMO, and I'm not likely to hang around and watch my favorite character be reduced to comic relief on his own show.

I'm sceptical about Teyla's pregnancy arc, but as long as it's not used to promote a ship with Sheppard I'll likely be ok with it. It wouldn't have been my first choice for her character, and I was pretty disappointed when I first heard about it. But I do understand the writers working with a real life situation.
      Last edited by Killdeer; 21 July 2007, 02:55 PM.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Me too. You have to laugh or go crazy. That's why I love this thread.
        well i know i have gone through all the 'ranges'

Maybe we should think up a new name for the new show.

How about SGA: Some Giant Aliens? or maybe Some Grow Annoying?
        hehe..Stargate Gone Awol... maybe ditch the sga all together cause SGA was the good show this is SGS... Stargate Sam
        or SGC... Stargate CRAP

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        I disagree, but then I love Rodney. And the whole Sheppard and McKay thing is what hooked me into Atlantis in the first place. Kind of like Jack and Daniel in the early seasons of SG-1, but more so. I'm not denying the other characters need development. But I just don't want to see the established relationship between John and Rodney broken down. I adored episodes like Tao of Rodney and Echoes because of that. And if those kinds of scenes disappear or become rare, so will a lot of my interest for Atlantis. I'm not a shipper. I could care less about ship. But I do love friendship moments, and buddy shows such as Due South (I mention that particular show because I'm in the process of rewatching it right now). While I'm all for more development for Teyla and Ronon, if the writers destroy John and Rodney's friendship to build the other characters up, I will be quite upset.

Plus, well, I'm a big Rodney fan. I know his fussing does irritate some people, but it's never bothered me for some reason. It probably would on a different actor, but DH manages to pull off the whole arrogant but slightly vulnerable thing in a way that is just awesome. The only time I've ever not liked Rodney is when he's around Carter. I would love to see more team interaction. Rodney and Ronon is always fun. I would really like more Rodney and Teyla, but it doesn't sound like there'll be that much. Rodney and Weir was awesome. I don't ship them, but I can definitely understand people who do, because they have a wonderful relationship. I just don't see it as romantic, but that's me. And I'm hoping the the Rodney and Carter interaction is more M&MM than Pegasus Project. Rodney came off looking like a idiot in that episode IMO, and I'm not likely to hang around and watch my favorite character be reduced to comic relief on his own show.
        great post

i love rodney and shep hehe so glad i'm not the only one... but yeah i would have wanted more of that to.. i would have really liked to see their friendship develop more. Of course i wanted more development for Carson and Liz and ronon and teyla but well...its too late now

I'm sceptical about Teyla's pregnancy arc, but as long as it's not used to promote a ship with Sheppard I'll likely be ok with it. It wouldn't have been my first choice for her character, and I was pretty disappointed when I first heard about it. But I do understand the writers working with a real life situation.
        i think its fine that she is pregnant but from the spoilers i heard they aren't dealing with it well IMHO.... i know they had to do something but i wish it was either something 'normal' or sad to say send her to deal with something off planet to deal with or something.... it just seems the only arch that anyone can think of for women is 'lets make her pregnant'... i actually think its kind of fun an sweet when TPTB play 'hide the pregnancy'. yeah sure sometimes its kind of lame but i think most people understand and go with the flow. Plus it shows that the show runners are willing to stick with an actress through thick and thin. But of course that just my opinion
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by mywraithcommander View Post
          I fear that atlantis will be canceled and not based on the character changes, but the actor/actresses. There have been too many changes too quickly in the second and third season.
          I kind of hope it does get cancelled but i know this is my opinion alone...
          it needs to be put out of its misery, it was such a fantastic show but its jumped the shark now
          i hate seeing it so tarnished
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

V - Violated
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              V - Violated
              Amen!

W- Wrecked

lol will we need a new game soon?
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                I kind of hope it does get cancelled but i know this is my opinion alone...
                it needs to be put out of its misery, it was such a fantastic show but its jumped the shark now
                i hate seeing it so tarnished
                No, no I want it to be canceled tooooo. lol. You're not alone(DW, LOL) Although if it doesn't I won't be cursing or anything. It's just I don't care about this new show without Elizabeth or Carson, but mostly Elizabeth.

I loved s1, I saw so much that could be explored and I really liked all the characters, well except maybe Teyla, but I didn't hate her. So that was a plus. I just don't know what happened. S2 was okay, it got me to like Teyla, sort of. S3 started off great, awesome, but then the latter half just sucked so bad, with the exception of Echoes and Tao of Rodney. I would have gladly watched crappy SGA if I hadn't found out that they killed Carson and are making Elizabeth recurring. I stopped at The Game, which was painful to watch.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  I loved s1, I saw so much that could be explored and I really liked all the characters, well except maybe Teyla, but I didn't hate her. So that was a plus. I just don't know what happened. S2 was okay, it got me to like Teyla, sort of. S3 started off great, awesome, but then the latter half just sucked so bad, with the exception of Echoes and Tao of Rodney. I would have gladly watched crappy SGA if I hadn't found out that they killed Carson and are making Elizabeth recurring. I stopped at The Game, which was painful to watch.
                  Hmmm. You know, I wasn't crazy about The Game the first time I watched it, but there were definitely some parts I liked the second time through, although it still had its problems. Lorne & Zelenka were awesome. Those two should be in more scenes together. And Rodney and Ronon had some great scenes. But yeah, there were some episodes in the last part that were definitely not favorites. Irresponsible of course, and I wasn't wild about Submersion either.
                  Last edited by Killdeer; 21 July 2007, 06:49 PM.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

X - Xenomorphic
                    sigpic

Comment

y - yesterday ... as in Carter is so...

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Hmmm. You know, I wasn't crazy about The Game the first time I watched it, but there were definitely some parts I liked the second time through. Lorne & Zelenka were awesome. Those two should be in more scenes together. And Rodney and Ronon had some great scenes.
                        I'm kind of sick and tired of Mckay/Sheppard (I know, I know) but I did enjoy Lorne/Zelenka, I just generally love Lorne and Zelenka. What made me not like the episode was that this COULD have been an episode where the writers could have used Elizabeth's negotiating skills effectively. Instead we got comic relief and an exasperated Elizabeth. So instead of the writers actually having to try and write Elizabeth they went the easy way out and played that scene for laughs. I'm all for laughs but this was the perfect opportunity to see Elizabeth doing what she does best.
                        sigpic
                        My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

I'm kind of sick and tired of Mckay/Sheppard (I know, I know) but I did enjoy Lorne/Zelenka, I just generally love Lorne and Zelenka. What made me not like the episode was that this COULD have been an episode where the writers could have used Elizabeth's negotiating skills effectively. Instead we got comic relief and an exasperated Elizabeth. So instead of the writers actually having to try and write Elizabeth they went the easy way out and played that scene for laughs. I'm all for laughs but this was the perfect opportunity to see Elizabeth doing what she does best.
                          I think I could have phrased my original post better - I've gone back and edited it.

You don't like McKay/Sheppard!! Actually, I've noticed quite a few people here (on Gateworld) don't, which surprised me a little bit since they seem to be so popular on LJ and in fanfiction. That's ok. Everyone likes different things. Actually, while I loved the glimpses that this episode gave of what Shep and McKay get up to in their free time, I was almost as frustrated with them as Elizabeth was, that even when they realized how serious it was, they couldn't quite give up their feud. That was annoying - I admit. It could have been done better all around. And yes, they could have done the negotiating scene a lot better.
                          Last edited by Killdeer; 21 July 2007, 07:47 PM.
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

No, no I want it to be canceled tooooo. lol. You're not alone(DW, LOL) Although if it doesn't I won't be cursing or anything. It's just I don't care about this new show without Elizabeth or Carson, but mostly Elizabeth.
                            exactly really i won't be upset either way ((hugs))

i love Shep and Rodney stuff, and Zelenka and Lorne and well i could go on lol that was what was great about it i loved everyone. But i agree in that i would watch the crappy bits of old Atlantis any day over this new incarnation. Even if there was a stinky episode or moment it was 'oh well next week then' lol

because i loved the characters there was always the hope, i don't love all the characters anymore. And they killed half the team, i don't dare care about this new Atlantis because if i do they will just kill someone off again. And i'll just be annoyed and grumpy and pissed off again.

see i think the real peace is in this thread.. we all totally like different things and you know what its fine, and i think thats cool.

my fav episodes .. hmm Sateda, 38 minutes, the defiant one, echos, common ground, the rising 1 and 2, hot zone, duet, conversion, the long goodbye, and phantoms

least fav, first strike, sunday, iRRESPONSIBLE, IRRESISTIBLE (though i do love the shep carson moments.. those were fab), the return p2, and well i don't really think atlantis has ever done a decent season finale or season premiere ,
                            i never hated them i just always felt ... m'eh

there are some shows where i think the season finale should become legendary lol

supernatural s1 and s2, Andromeda s1, x-files season 2. i think Atlantis strongest episodes were in the middle, with the exception of rising

oh and i can't think of anything for zed

and a little note...gads it is so freaking nice to have a real atlantis conversation again

thanks guys ((hugs))
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              Me too. You have to laugh or go crazy. That's why I love this thread.

Maybe we should think up a new name for the new show.

How about SGA: Some Giant Aliens? or maybe Some Grow Annoying?
                              Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                              Can I do both?

Haha! How about: Silly Grown-ups Alienate (fans)?
                              LOL Good titles, seems fitting to their new show.

Originally posted by mywraithcommander View Post
                              One can only hope.

Same here. Get cancelled, I don't care.

Originally posted by alyssa View Post
                              y - yesterday ... as in Carter is so...
                              hehe

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              exactly really i won't be upset either way ((hugs))

i love Shep and Rodney stuff, and Zelenka and Lorne and well i could go on lol that was what was great about it i loved everyone. But i agree in that i would watch the crappy bits of old Atlantis any day over this new incarnation. Even if there was a stinky episode or moment it was 'oh well next week then' lol

because i loved the characters there was always the hope, i don't love all the characters anymore. And they killed half the team, i don't dare care about this new Atlantis because if i do they will just kill someone off again. And i'll just be annoyed and grumpy and pissed off again.

see i think the real peace is in this thread.. we all totally like different things and you know what its fine, and i think thats cool.

my fav episodes .. hmm Sateda, 38 minutes, the defiant one, echos, common ground, the rising 1 and 2, hot zone, duet, conversion, the long goodbye, and phantoms

least fav, first strike, sunday, iRRESPONSIBLE, IRRESISTIBLE (though i do love the shep carson moments.. those were fab), the return p2, and well i don't really think atlantis has ever done a decent season finale or season premiere ,
                              i never hated them i just always felt ... m'eh

there are some shows where i think the season finale should become legendary lol

supernatural s1 and s2, Andromeda s1, x-files season 2. i think Atlantis strongest episodes were in the middle, with the exception of rising

oh and i can't think of anything for zed

and a little note...gads it is so freaking nice to have a real atlantis conversation again

thanks guys ((hugs))
                              I can totally relate to what you're feeling. Atlantis was about the characters for me, the entire team (and I don't mean Sheppard team, for me, it was never about them only) about all of their interaction, now with half of them gone, I don't feel even like tolerating the story lines that don't interest me that much. Just not interested anymore. Not without all of my favorite characters.

I'm not that crazy about Sheppard and McKay together, I mean it was okay but not something I was watching especially for. Sheppard/Weir is another story but really I loved them all as a group. Zelenka was also among my favorite characters, so funny and good heart, great interaction with all the other characters. I can't say I hated anyone from the start, I didn't even mind the occasional visits of Carter, back them I was thankful those were occasional only. Never wanted any serious crossovers, I saw Atlantis as a show on its own and it was shaping up to be great in S3, the first half especially, there are quite a few eps I didn't care about much in the second half though. The Return part 1 was great but I was disappointed with the sequel, too much of Jack if you ask me, among other things, it just didn't match the first part which was very nice imo. I didn't care much for eps like Irresponsible, The Game was disappointing in the way Elizabeth's negotiating was written, otherwise I thought the concept was good, The Ark and the rest didn't do much for me. Echoes and Tao of Rodney were the best of the back half for me as well.

I do love most of S1 and S2 eps apart from the occasional "gems" like The Tower and Epiphany. I could live with not liking two eps out of one season.

I think it wouldn't hurt if they concentrated on the characters a bit more, that's a major flaw of this show IMO, not caring one bit about the characters, their development, continuity, they write for whoever it's easiest for them, which is McKay - for obvious reasons and Sheppard - the hero. All the rest get to play only once in a while, a huge shame of a talented cast, especially when they kill them off for no reason but to make the job easier for themselves. Why don't TPTB appreciate enough what the actors are doing?
                              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Z - Zombie

2nd Anti Word Game Recap:

Season 4

A - Atrocious
                                B - Baloney
                                C - a Crime to do this with SGA
                                D - Disastrous!!!
                                E - Error
                                F - Fail
                                G - Grotesque
                                H - Hellish
                                I - Infected
                                J - Jerked around
                                K - Kick in the butt
                                L - Ludicrous
                                M - Manure
                                N - No more comic heroes talk!!!!!
                                O - Obscene
                                P - Puerile
                                Q - Quitch!!/Or just calling it quits!
                                R - Rotten
                                S - Scatological/Screw this show, I'm going home
                                T - This is NOT our beloved SGA
                                U - Undignified
                                V - Violated
                                W - Wrecked
                                X - Xenomorphic
                                Y - Yesterday
                                Z - Zombie
                                More?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X