Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I - Irresponsible

LOL!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      I - Irresponsible

LOL!
      oi! that episode was just a bad ... J - Joke
      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
      ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
      Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by CalmStorm View Post
        However, the actions of TPTB have dimmed my views of "their" show. It's certainly not one aimed at the fans.

At the moment, I don't have a very positive view of what is to come in Season 4. I don't care how phenomenal or well-done an episode is if it results in the loss of main cast members. Nor do I care for the "recurring" status. We all saw first hand what "recurring" meant for Franks/Ford. We saw the excitement expressed by TPTB and what a great thing this was going to be for Franks and his character. Now they express that same optimism with the latest news of cast departures. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I watch a show for the characters and their development. I expect good story development too. Neither is happening with SGA. The characters are reset at the start of each new episode. The story just isn't progressing. The characters are being axed slowly but surely. How does this trend equate to quality entertainment?

Exactly, I agree.

I am not against season 4, God forbid, but the way the producers seem to go looks like they are going to end up in the 'Inferno' lava-ocean !
        They didn't develop the charcters, right. We know somethings about Ford after he's missing, we know some more about Elizabeth and now they take her out! (why bother to show us her life if she's out anyway?!). We know about Carson's mother, but he's out anyway. We know about John's military record and that he likes football. Is that all? They are supposed to be humans have feelings, ideas, developp in that out of the ordinary place, ....

I agree it is an action/adventure show, but the quality could be a lot better. The idea has a lot of potential! Think about it, a human expedition in another galaxy! What new and exciting things they could meet? How they could help against teh Wraith? How wonderful relationships within teams can be and bonding with all those on the colony-like Atlantis.
        How would you feel there? What would you do? How much would you trust the people around you? Would you enjoy it or would you be to scared to take a step outside your quarters? Would you have an opinion and share it or you would be like a sheep waiting for orders?
        Maybe if the producers would ask themselves these questions and try to put themselves inside Atlantis the show would be better, but it seems they found the easy solution, change things that they have already created, cover it in a new look make changes that would determine people to look for a new beginning, maybe the public's opinion would change. Hmmm, I really don't think so. It is the substance that counts, the small subtleties, the look on the faces of an off-world team that comes back after a lot of missions still in one peace, not the effects or how many wraith you kill.

Imagine how StarTrek would have been if they changed main characters so fast. Come on! wake up! it is in your best interest!
        sigpic

Comment

okay that is a brilliant post! green for that!
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

hey guys have any of you made it through part 1 of the digital press doodad. i only ask as this snip "and the producers talk about how much SG1 mythology might make its way onto Atlantis" on the small write up made me go "say what"

i cant bring myself to try and listen through it again, but maybe you guys can shed some light for me? this sounds bad but i thought jm had stated they wouldnt be bringing ove sg1 stuff is confused again

k for kamikaz'e or kaput or kinky - wait no that last one is just for me

(((((hugs paris))))))
            sigpic
            banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Don't have time for anything but this.

I - Irresponsible

LOL!
              Exactly.

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              oi! that episode was just a bad ... J - Joke
              That's what I was about to post before you did but you beat me to it. The show is a joke without Carson and Elizabeth.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I'll start my day with a big old L-Lame.

And a huge green for Alexandra. The sad thing is though I'll be willing to bet that TPTB would read your post and say "but we did do all those things, the true fans see that and appreciate us". LOL.

Oh wait, am I talking about other fans again? *slaps self on hand* Sorry skydiver, put away the wooden spoon. Old habits die hard.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                  hey guys have any of you made it through part 1 of the digital press doodad. i only ask as this snip "and the producers talk about how much SG1 mythology might make its way onto Atlantis" on the small write up made me go "say what"

i cant bring myself to try and listen through it again, but maybe you guys can shed some light for me? this sounds bad but i thought jm had stated they wouldnt be bringing ove sg1 stuff is confused again
                  Maybe by SG-1 mythology making its way onto Atlantis, TPTB means Super Sam? She is a mythological creature after all.

M - Misery
                  sigpic

Comment

N - Nightmare

self-explanatory *sigh*
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

O - Oh my goodness, what to they think they're doing to this show?

Also, sadly, self-explanatory...

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

P - is for P-U!

Comment

Q - Quagmire
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                            O - Oh my goodness, what to they think they're doing to this show?

Also, sadly, self-explanatory...
                            Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                            P - is for P-U!
                            Q - Quagmire

R - Rancid
                            Spoiler:

Comment

S- Stink.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                                [nods] The problems seem to loom ever larger as the date gets ever closer. Just not close enough.

I have to admit, I'm not completely anti, either. I'm really looking forward to seeing what can be done with this Teyla pregnancy storyline. There's some real potential for character growth there, not only with our mother-to-be, but with Team Sheppard, as well. What's left of it, anyway...
                                I actually think Team Shep is alive and well. It's Team Atlantis that's been shattered.

Thanks for making me smile tonight guys. The alphabet choices have been inspired.
                                sigpic
                                sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Working...
                                X