Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
    Okay. "Peace" thread, huh?
    ..man going to bed now *yawn* i am sure there will tons of people yelling at me by morning.. i so look forward to it ... blech
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      exactly..man going to bed now *yawn* i am sure there will tons of people yelling at me by morning.. i so look forward to it ... blech
      Don't take it to heart, though I can't imagine why anyone would even do that... you say what has to be said. Good night.
      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

..man going to bed now *yawn* i am sure there will tons of people yelling at me by morning.. i so look forward to it ... blech
        Left you a small happy-package in your PM. I hope I can bring a smile on your face, cause I don't like people to be sad.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So people are more polarized over Dr. Weir than over Sam, huh? Maybe that's because we know where to criticize the character (anti threads) and where not to (general s4 threads)?
          sigpic

Comment

it sure the heck feels like sides have been chosen. if it wasn't then it would have said Sam and Weir

thanks but i think i'm going to go do laundry :hugs:
            right now even that makes me happier

i love the antis i was just remember when i used to come here and got excited about what i saw, i know its hard to believe but i wasn't always an anti.

i miss being hopeful
            Here honey, have a big 'ol glass of anti-single malt scotch. It'll cure what ails ya. Or not.

Originally posted by Briangate78;6898633.
            Who knows what could happen next season. But hey voice your opinions because TPTB DO listen to the fans when their voice is loud enough.

Remember, Keep the Faith you never know if things could end up to your liking again down the road.
            Beg to differ. Didn't JM say on his blog that he didn't care if 10 times more fans wanted X to happen, it wouldn't have any influence on decisions? All you have to do to know they ignore us here on GW is to look at polls. I mean there aren't enough sock puppets around to sway the percentages that much. IMHO, the Carson situation doesn't even count because I think it was all part of the plan to start with. Personally, I feel like a yo yo. Slightly jerked around.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            I changed my mind.

Seriously though, I'm not sure what to think at the moment. All I want is an explanation from the mods on why Carter-talk is not being banned. As I said before, it's possible that the insults aren't as bad, which I can agree with to a degree, and if this was the reason, then I'll be fine with it. Basically, I disagreed with you that this is the mods somehow picking sides and going Pro-Carter. I still don't think that's true at all, but it'll be nice to hear why Weir-talk was chosen over Carter-talk.

More info is all I need.
            I haven't been on any of the Carter threads, but I'm willing to bet the anti-Carter folks don't rise to the level of hatred of certain anti-Weir folks who previously have been allowed free rein. Shutting down discussion at least isolates them where they can spew hatred only among their own kind. I'm also willing to bet that won't satisfy them for long.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Beg to differ. Didn't JM say on his blog that he didn't care if 10 times more fans wanted X to happen, it wouldn't have any influence on decisions? All you have to do to know they ignore us here on GW is to look at polls. I mean there aren't enough sock puppets around to sway the percentages that much. IMHO, the Carson situation doesn't even count because I think it was all part of the plan to start with. Personally, I feel like a yo yo. Slightly jerked around.
              Yea, me too. Neck hurts from whiplash.

I haven't been on any of the Carter threads, but I'm willing to bet the anti-Carter folks don't rise to the level of hatred of certain anti-Weir folks who previously have been allowed free rein. Shutting down discussion at least isolates them where they can spew hatred only among their own kind. I'm also willing to bet that won't satisfy them for long.
              No it won't. I'm sure they'll just pick another thread in which to spew.

Comment

Here honey, have a big 'ol glass of anti-single malt scotch. It'll cure what ails ya. Or not.

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                Yea, me too. Neck hurts from whiplash.
                [grabs an anti-Diet Coke]

Rather upset that this doesn't matter to him. Doesn't it make more sense to pay attention to what the fans say? I mean, we are the ones who make or break a show, we decide whether to watch or not watch. Major changes in S4 are, whether they like it or not, driving some fans away. They give the impression that they don't care. Beyond that, the fans who make neutral comments or ask neutral questions on his blog are made fun of just as much as antis.

This whole thing seems like one big, unending argument. Unfortunately, not every fan can be placated.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

I've got to respectfully disagree. I have yet to find a Carter fan who's participated in the petty anti-wars (read: anti-weir, anti-teyla), because the majority of Carter fans (whom I've seen - and there are several) don't hate Weir or Teyla.

Excusing the anti-Carter behavior because there are people out there who are anti-Weir is moot. In my opinion, we're talking about relatively the same group of people who've had problems with each other for over a year now - and very few of them are fans of the Carter character first and foremost.

I can let the anti-Carter stuff go, but please don't try to rationalize it by pinning blame on people whose battles have absolutely nothing to do with Carter in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                    I've got to respectfully disagree. I have yet to find a Carter fan who's participated in the petty anti-wars (read: anti-weir, anti-teyla), because the majority of Carter fans (whom I've seen - and there are several) don't hate Weir or Teyla.

Excusing the anti-Carter behavior because there are people out there who are anti-Weir is moot. In my opinion, we're talking about relatively the same group of people who've had problems with each other for over a year now - and very few of them are fans of the Carter character first and foremost.

I can let the anti-Carter stuff go, but please don't try to rationalize it by pinning blame on people whose battles have absolutely nothing to do with Carter in the first place.
                    Uh...what? Didn't I say that the level of anti-Carter hatred does not compare to the anti-Weir hatred? I never mentioned the pro-Carter people because I don't know anything about them nor have I read anything in any Carter thread except the one in which we made it clear that we'd like to see both Carter and Weir on SGA and had nothing against Carter. What did I say that inflamed you? Please excuse me if I didn't make myself clear, but nothing I said excuses anti anybody.

And yes, there are a couple of people who are largely responsible for getting the Weir discussion thread shut down. I think we all know who they are but talking about them would be bashing other posters.
                    sigpic

Comment

Uh...what? Didn't I say that the level of anti-Carter hatred does not compare to the anti-Weir hatred? I never mentioned the pro-Carter people because I don't know anything about them nor have I read anything in any Carter thread except the one in which we made it clear that we'd like to see both Carter and Weir on SGA and had nothing against Carter. What did I say that inflamed you? Please excuse me if I didn't make myself clear, but nothing I said excuses anti anybody.
                      You didn't inflame me with your comments. Last week, maybe I would have been incensed. But at this point, I'm just kinda... bleh... about the whole thing. I'm about *this* close to being over it until September 28th, actually.

However, if you're admitting that you've never been in any of the Carter threads, wouldn't it be quite difficult to gauge whether or not the anti-Weir people are more visceral with their hatred than the anti-Carter people?

To me, by saying that (especially without knowing for sure), it's suggesting that the anti-Carter fans aren't nearly as bad as the anti-Weir fans. Which, in my opinion, is an excuse for continuous anti-behavior.

In essence, I saw a connection between anti-Carter posters and anti-Weir posters that I don't believe exists. I'm sorry if I misunderstood you there.

And yes, there are a couple of people who are largely responsible for getting the Weir discussion thread shut down. I think we all know who they are but talking about them would be bashing other posters.
                      If we continue to feed trolls, we are not much better than the trolls. The trolls are showing a lack of respect, but by feeding them we are showing a lack of self-control.

I've fallen victim to that mentality more times than I can count over the past 3 years. It sucks. But we do have to take due responsibility for our own actions when threads get shut down.

On topic: We can probably expect print ads and commercials for Atlantis soon. I hope they feature the whole team equally, without undue focus on any one or two characters. Otherwise, I'll be pretty irritated.
                      Last edited by the dancer of spaz; 17 July 2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Can't we all just get along?

I just want to see an amazing show go many more seasons.
                        sigpic

Comment

[timidly steps in]

Guys, I understand your discussion of anti-Weir/Carter posters, but I think this thread should be kept to anti Season 4 discussion.

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          We can probably expect print ads and commercials for Atlantis soon. I hope they feature the whole team equally, without undue focus on any one or two characters. Otherwise, I'll be pretty irritated.
                          It makes sense that every main character, everyone in the credits would get a spot in the ads. Recurring characters... hmm, I doubt it, but we can always hope. As for the commercials - lotsa explosions, that's the type of thing the show runners are into.
                          Last edited by JesterDala; 17 July 2007, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
                            [timidly steps in]

Guys, I understand your discussion of anti-Weir/Carter posters, but I think this thread should be kept to anti Season 4 discussion.
                            Good point. I promise to try to stay on topic.

Remember when I came here, I said I wasn't very anti? I'm still not, but the things I was anti about then, I'm more anti about than ever now. I am, however, getting antsy. Is it September 28th yet?
                            sigpic

Comment

Good point. I promise to try to stay on topic.

Remember when I came here, I said I wasn't very anti? I'm still not, but the things I was anti about then, I'm more anti about than ever now. I am, however, getting antsy. Is it September 28th yet?
                              [nods] The problems seem to loom ever larger as the date gets ever closer. Just not close enough.

I have to admit, I'm not completely anti, either. I'm really looking forward to seeing what can be done with this Teyla pregnancy storyline. There's some real potential for character growth there, not only with our mother-to-be, but with Team Sheppard, as well. What's left of it, anyway...

Comment

I'm looking forward to the first official pictures of the cast (minus Carter). It would get my muse in gear again (I hope).

And I really hope Sci-Fi does some great promotion for Atlantis (even if that means putting thier golden girl in the spotlights).

As a few others, I am not completely anti, nor am I completely pro (though leaning towards anti). But I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the new season. I mean, that other years the premiere couldn't come fast enough, but I don't really feel that way now.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X