Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds just about right.

Feels strange being anti, spent the day being pro.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
      Sounds just about right.

Feels strange being anti, spent the day being pro.
      I'm torn, frankly. There are some things I have major issues with, but I know I'm going to watch the show. But it's just so easy for me to me my normal pessmistic self.
      sigpic
      Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
        I'm torn, frankly. There are some things I have major issues with, but I know I'm going to watch the show. But it's just so easy for me to me my normal pessmistic self.
        That's easier for me too. *lol* What I meant before is that I've been posting in the pro-Elizabeth thread here in the season 4 section of the forum.
        Last edited by Celcool; 07 July 2007, 09:11 AM.
        Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
        at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
          That's easier for me too. *lol* What I meant before is that I've been posting in the pro-Elizabeth thread here in the season 4 section of the forum.
          Yeah, the all new thread where most Antis can remember what's like being PRO.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Don't know, but I'll know it when I hear it. LOL. Let's see. How about?

1. Are you aware of the increasing fan unrest over the cast changes?

2. Does the fact that the online fandom is in full meltdown bother you at all?

3. Do you think that the group of fans that is unhappy over the direction the show is taking is less important than those who are happy?

JM, of course, has heard all this, but I'm not sure the cast members have. Is there usually press in the audience also? That would help. Hey, I'm a rabble rouser, anything to stir things up.

Have another drink.
            And, if the castmembers heard that not everyone is happy regarding the changes that are taking place in Atlantis, what does that achieve? Would that change things in any way? Would it cause Amanda and Jewell to break their contracts and quit the show in a fit of anger, guilt and a feeling of not being universally loved? Would Paul and Torri then re-appear and be back on the show?

I'm quite sure that the PTB know that some fans are unhappy over what's happenng in Atlantis and I'd very much doubt if any of the actors believe that they every single person out here loves them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              And, if the castmembers heard that not everyone is happy regarding the changes that are taking place in Atlantis, what does that achieve? Would that change things in any way? Would it cause Amanda and Jewell to break their contracts and quit the show in a fit of anger, guilt and a feeling of not being universally loved? Would Paul and Torri then re-appear and be back on the show?

I'm quite sure that the PTB know that some fans are unhappy over what's happenng in Atlantis and I'd very much doubt if any of the actors believe that they every single person out here loves them.
              This was a joke. Look at all the posts that came after it. We had fun. It's over. Next time I'll put a big joke warning up.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*sits on anti-couch and reads anti-newspaper*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                  *sits on anti-couch and reads anti-newspaper*
                  *joins you. picks up anti-diet coke*

So if S4 doesnt do well in the ratings, I wonder who 'fans' are going to blame?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post

zomg us, because we wouldn't watch. It's already happening in other places. People telling me to get over it and just watch. lol. No, I won't watch, I'll just dl the lizzie episodes.
                    sigpic
                    My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

There isn't a great number of people who have those Neilsen rating things. So whether they do or don't watch, it won't affect the ratings. Still, knowing the reaction of others to our anti-S4 viewpoint even now, we'll most likely take a good portion of the blame.

Would someone pass me an anti-Diet Coke?
                      Last edited by JesterDala; 08 July 2007, 03:52 PM.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

As a representative of those "fans" (what's with the quotes, by the way?), I know I'll probably be blaming SciFi.

Comment

Magnets !!

This particular fan is waiting to see what TPTB do with the show but unless they've learnt from their past mistakes I'll be laying blame with TPTB and shoddy writing.

Just a question though, what does do well in the ratings mean for you? Maintain the current all time low average or does it have to improve upon them?
                          -

Comment

I have an anti-show to add which we can watch... Torchwood! Can we watch Torchwood?

I checked it out, you know... I'm checking out new things now that Atlantis might leave the list and I've seen only two episodes and I love it. Might give Dr. Who another chance too.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              Magnets !!
                              LOL I love that answer!!

Just a question though, what does do well in the ratings mean for you? Maintain the current all time low average or does it have to improve upon them?
                              I guess everyone has a different meaning for it. I guess for me, it means keeping it's low ratings (1.2 ish).

Comment

Well, I will blame TPTB's crappy writing and their shameful obsession with SG-1 and Sam Carter. Maybe I will blame Sci Fi too. Skiffy is always to blame after all. LOL! And, yeah, I will also blame those Antis for wishing SGA to stand on its own two feet instead of becoming SGA-1. How lame of them!

I guess everyone has a different meaning for it. I guess for me, it means keeping it's low ratings (1.2 ish).
                                Yeah, given the circumstances, 1.2 would be superb.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I have an anti-show to add which we can watch... Torchwood! Can we watch Torchwood?

I checked it out, you know... I'm checking out new things now that Atlantis might leave the list and I've seen only two episodes and I love it. Might give Dr. Who another chance too.
                                So who's gonna come up with the anti-show list?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X