Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, getting drunk is always a good way to ignore the plague of changes to our dear Atlantis.

fanfiction.net/~JesterDala

Comment

Originally posted by JesterDala View Post
      Well, getting drunk is always a good way to ignore the plague of changes to our dear Atlantis.
      I needed a break. My knee hurts and I'm tired. lol

Comment

i'm sorry about your job dana ((hugs))
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          i'm sorry about your job dana ((hugs))
          That's ok, I would've left next year anyway.

Comment

The caption from Robert C. Cooper's new interview on GW:

"According to SCI FI, changes like the deaths of characters or villains can be detrimental to an ongoing series."

Hmm, now this puzzles me a bit, why are they killing off characters (and villains) in Atlantis then when they know that? Does SciFi want Atlantis to end? Is that why they're allowing the recent changes?
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

"According to SCI FI, changes like the deaths of characters or villains can be detrimental to an ongoing series."

Hmm, now this puzzles me a bit, why are they killing off characters (and villains) in Atlantis then when they know that? Does SciFi want Atlantis to end? Is that why they're allowing the recent changes?
              The way things are going I suspect all parties involved want Atlantis to end, not just Sci Fi.
              sigpic

Comment

The keyword there is "can" because it can also have the opposite effect: Reviving a series. The main problem is that the Stargate PTB currently haven't been able to show that they can handle writing characters out in a way that makes sense and introducing new characters properly (With exception of SG-1 Season 6 where they did manage to do that).

The changes are because Atlantis' ratings are low, so obviously there is something wrong with the show. But instead of looking what's wrong - the writing, the character development reset button, etc.. - they pick the easy way: Kill off main characters and introduce new ones so you force new storylines...but if the underlying cause isn't treated then you'll piss off people with such decisions and still have poor ratings.
                Signed,

Gregorius
                Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                  The changes are because Atlantis' ratings are low, so obviously there is something wrong with the show.
                  The ratings were better in the first half of season 3, there was no reason to make such drastic changes back then IMO when they decided to. I agree with the rest of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius View Post
                    The changes are because Atlantis' ratings are low, so obviously there is something wrong with the show. But instead of looking what's wrong - the writing, the character development reset button, etc.. - they pick the easy way: Kill off main characters and introduce new ones so you force new storylines...but if the underlying cause isn't treated then you'll piss off people with such decisions and still have poor ratings.
                    I think the ratings in the last half of S3 were low because of not only the 6 month wait to air it here in the US but I think a lot of fans heard what was coming down the road in regards to cast changes and were just put off.

As I said, according to Gateworld "The Real World" has the highest ratings so far for S3. And that was in the first half of S3.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                      I think the ratings in the last half of S3 were low because of not only the 6 month wait to air it here in the US but I think a lot of fans heard what was coming down the road in regards to cast changes and were just put off.

As I said, according to Gateworld "The Real World" has the highest ratings so far for S3. And that was in the first half of S3.
                      Yah, it could be because '200' was aired the same night. And the number of viewers don't really say if people liked that ep or not. And I have to say for TRW I see more people that didn't like it more than did.

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                        Yah, it could be because '200' was aired the same night. And the number of viewers don't really say if people liked that ep or not. And I have to say for TRW I see more people that didn't like it more than did.
                        Well, it's my favorite episode.

P.S.: It's hard to make such a judgement, if most people liked it or not, the ratings are what matters for SciFi so we should take that into the consideration as well. It did good ratings-wise, it's a fact.

Comment

Well, it's my favorite episode.

P.S.: It's hard to make such a judgement, if most people liked it or not, the ratings are what matters for SciFi so we should take that into the consideration as well. It did good ratings-wise, it's a fact.
                          Heh, I know, mine too.
                          ANd I know, I'm just saying that I've seen more people hate that ep than not by their comments.

Comment

Heh, I know, mine too.
                            ANd I know, I'm just saying that I've seen more people hate that ep than not by their comments.
                            Nah, they don't hate the episode, they just can't get past the fact who was the main character in it.

Comment

Heh, I know, mine too.
                              Okay.

Nah, they don't hate the episode, they just can't get past the fact who was the main character in it.
                              Which is sad if it's true, the script was amazing, written by the one and only Carl Binder. Master at writing the character stuff, something I like the most.

Comment

Hence the hate/major dislike. *giggle*

Comment

Working...
                                X