Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Anti Season 4 Thread (Spoilers). For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    And the zipping down irks me because it's only the women and all of the women that are doing it. They don't expose any outrageous amount of skin, but I think it's subtle objectification for ratings. Carter is military too - if Atlantis had a military adviser they'd be going nuts...

I really liked the s3 uniforms and I'm bummed TPTB felt like they had to change them.
    ITA. The objectification annoys me too. And I suppose if Atlantis had to spend $$ on a military advisor they couldn't pay for the new chickfest (loved Kaylee, nothing personal, but still!...) I was even more annoyed with all the cast changes when I read that what's her name who does the Mercury commercials will be in Atlantis too. PTB, as we've said before, must think we're all hormonal 15 year old males. Annoys the crap out of me (even though I have a 15 year old son).

They write out characters that look like regular people, have quirks and insecurities like regular people, even ---gasp--- make mistakes like regular people, and give us a 20-ish looking doc (did they realize how many years it takes to become an MD?) and SamMarySue. WTH?

Whew, rant over. For the moment.
    SGA: the 3-season show...

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr View Post
      Yup! Don't you love what a euphemism "discussion" is around here? Just means "like what I like or else, buddy!"

but it's fun here, with likeminded non-bitter folks like you

and the anti-couch, popcorn and chocolate to keep us going. 'specially if Red will share her scotch, too
      My scotch is your scotch.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        hehe awww the wee widdle hammy

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
        This one? Oops, wrong show.
        *chokes* hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        My scotch is your scotch.
        can i have a certain scott to go with my scotch? hehe
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Here we go again. I need the couch!

Comment

Meditation couch sounds good.

Ommmmmmmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              Here we go again. I need the couch!
              What happened while I was gone? Edit: never mind.

btw. just gotta say here where it's safe that I knew that Joe was messing with the fans by giving that ridiculous title of an episode just so they'd take the bait and run with it, which they did. They were actually discussing it like it's a real episode. LOL! Now they see what he's about.
              Last edited by Celcool; 25 June 2007, 09:25 PM.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

kind of proves what i have been saying about him all along
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

What I've been saying as well and lots of other folks.

Comment

true enough
                    Spoiler:

Comment

People! What happened?!

Comment

Originally posted by dana View Post
                        People! What happened?!
                        Seems things got so bad in the "why will s4 do better than s3" that the mods had to close it down temporarily to clean up the mess. Nothing out of the ordinary and unexpected because of the nature of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post

btw. just gotta say here where it's safe that I knew that Joe was messing with the fans by giving that ridiculous title of an episode just so they'd take the bait and run with it, which they did. They were actually discussing it like it's a real episode. LOL! Now they see what he's about.

And now we can sing in unison "we told you so".

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Feels so good to say that!

*makes herself comfy on anti - sofa*
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Seems things got so bad in the "why will s4 do better than s3" that the mods had to close it down temporarily to clean up the mess. Nothing out of the ordinary and unexpected because of the nature of the thread.
                            I do not approve of that. My green was taken away. LOL.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                              hehe awww the wee widdle hammy

*chokes* hahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahaha

can i have a certain scott to go with my scotch? hehe
                              Of course, I'm sure the Scot likes his scotch. Or is it called whiskey over there?

I thought I was the only genius who figured that out in about 1.5 seconds. That and the white board picture of the outline had me gasping. You gotta admit the man is clever.

Why is it anti's have more fun? And I'm not really all that anti except for the Weir arc and the ah...Teyla arc...and the possible stupidity of the ...ah...never mind.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by eyecandylovr View Post
                                and the anti-couch, popcorn and chocolate to keep us going. 'specially if Red will share her scotch, too
                                Which would be the best Belgian Chocolate I can find. Wait, I live in the land of heavenly chocolate....Mmm chocolate.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X